Metalian Genie Launch special

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Default Metalian Genie Launch special

I'll keep editing this first post so that all the info is contained in this one post (that is to answer any questions asked later in this thread).

Date: Thursday 10th October, 2019
    Time: 20h00

The auction will run as follows. Should you wish to bid on the Genie, enter "+1" (excluding the apostrophes) as a reply in this thread from 20h00 onwards. The forum clock time stamp applies. Any dispute will be referred to groot baas and his decision is final. Only one "+1" per post is accepted. If you are in an area with poor internet speed, please ask a forum buddy to bid on your behalf and preferably advise me beforehand by PM who you are and who is bidding on your behalf.

The Genie is manufactured from 3CR12, seam sealed and powder-coated. It is unbraked trailer with 900kg round bar axle and leaf-spring without shocks (and without the possibility of fitting shocks aftermarket. The wheels are 14 inch 6 stud, 139.6 PCD, zero offset. The trailer can accept 15 inch wheels. There are two small lockable hatches behind each wheel arch.

There is a kitchen cupboard (400 mm deep (fits ammo boxes) and shelves on the passenger side and a rear opening door offset to the right. The kitchen cupboard extends down into the trailer belly and allows for two batteries to be fitted in the base of the kitchen cupboard. (Battery brackets not included.) There is an additional base compartment accessible from the kitchen cupboard. (It's best to look at the pictures to understand this pack space.)

The rear compartment is manufactured such that it can take a full extension drawer (not included in this offer).

The box is built between the wheel arches and follows the Metalian monocoque belly that allows for a water tank to fit under the rear drawer or be used as additional pack volume.

The pictures and video show the doors locking with anti-loose fittings. I will change this to the standard single operation stainless steel locking bars we have on the original Metalians. No change in price. (Thank Apocalypse for telling me how the anti-loose fittings look.)

Spare wheel fitted to the front.

A nosecone is not included, but the trailer can get a nosecone - and the spare wheel goes to the rear on a swingarm. (Neither nosecone nor swingarm are included in this offer.)

The drawbar is extendable for easier reversing and more stable tow at higher speeds, and can be retracted with off-roading through tight bends (better articulation).

A roof-rack is available and included in this offer. I'm just not sure if I have the correct functional design for this, and will accept requests for alternative design. In my opinion the trailer is only good for a RTT (not included).

The drivers side of the box can be fitted with two Jerry can holders (in the event of a nosecone being fitted), alternatively the drawbar can take jerrycan and gasbottle holders (not included).

The Genie is designed for the B licence (sub 750kg GVM), and lighter tow vehicles where the tow vehicle GVM may only be 1100kgs, thereby limiting the trailer GVM to 550kgs. The client can specify the GVM preference and the leaf-springs will be matched to the respective GVM's. The trailer tare will be registered at 300kgs - currently as an empty box with no accessories, the tare is 160kgs.

Colour choice on request only.

Pictures and drawings to be added.

Only 10 Genie's are on offer at R29500 inclusive of VAT. (I'll consider increasing this quantity, but will need to adjust pricing when adding more trailers.)
    Last edited by Heinz Modricky; 2019/10/08 at 09:44 PM. Reason: edit

Default Re: Metalian Genie Launch special

Looks good
    Last edited by Michael11; 2019/10/06 at 08:29 AM.

Where are the pictures ?

Good Morning Heinz, Well done with this effort. Please advise overall wheel and tyre diameter. I notice you say 15 inch rims can be fitted.
    [SIGPIC]MikevR Be determined to live the unlived life within you.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenhorn View Post
    Where are the pictures ?
    Here : https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...-trailer/page9
    Metalian Maxi

Heinz, will you be able to list the prices of the optional extras as well? Delivery cost to Gauteng?
    - Commander Hemi

Quote Originally Posted by Greenhorn View Post
    Where are the pictures ?
    There is a rear bumper panel to be installed, battery brackets, an internal kitchen drawer. I'd prefer to give more accurate pics. I don't mind if 4x4wannebe's pics are posted here - they give a 95% idea of what is on offer. I'll post technical drawings as well.
    Last edited by Heinz Modricky; 2019/10/06 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriaan29 View Post
    Heinz, will you be able to list the prices of the optional extras as well? Delivery cost to Gauteng?
    The idea is that the factory does not do any accessory installations. We find that handling individual clients at the factory interferes with production. After the launch, the trailer will only be available through dealers who will hold stock and accessories and complete the trailer to client's wishes (Unless they decide to only offer one or two variants and complete the trailer how they see fit.

If I can include accessories now with the launch orders, I'll do my best to do so, but the offer is only on the box. A single rear full extension drawer will add over R3000 to the cost (that's more than 10% of the entire trailer offer). 180kg extension slides are R1200 cost, plus the drawer, dividers, carpet and installation. Accessories add huge cost quickly, and the purpose of this trailer is mainly to provide an answer on cost and weight on current offroad trailers. Accessories are seen as being the exception for the immediate target market. Trust this is understandable.

Current trailer cost to Jhb is R3500 on the bigger units. I'm sure we should be able to find a way to get trailers to you at less than this value (maybe about R2500 a unit).
    Last edited by Heinz Modricky; 2019/10/06 at 09:40 AM.

Thanks Heinz. I understand. If I decide to go for this, and Im one of 10, I would really only be looking at nosecone and sparewheel carrier. No sliders or other fancy expensive stuff.
    But these can be added afterwards anyways, so no issue to get it immediately
    Last edited by Adriaan29; 2019/10/06 at 10:09 AM.
    - Commander Hemi

I hope I am posting a link to a video now. Just a quick preview.

https://youtu.be/P0kqC2Ze96w

Looks great Heinz!8)

Pure Metalian Genie-us!

Good luck with the launch!8)
    "The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

- Charles Bukowski

Please tell me your branding will be on the trailer like with the other.

Again great work, I can't wait to hopefully be an owner of one of this guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael11 View Post
    Please tell me your branding will be on the trailer like with the other.

Again great work, I can't wait to hopefully be an owner of one of this guys.
    Ye

Yes, it will be branded Metalian.

Very tempting

Will the optional nose cone still be able to fit a 60l fridge as per the previous technical drawings?

Quote Originally Posted by Douwddp View Post
    Will the optional nose cone still be able to fit a 60l fridge as per the previous technical drawings?
    Yes, we could make this fit a 60 litre National Luna fridge. The weight may shift quite a lot on such a small and light trailer - take care to counterbalance the weight a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Modricky View Post
    The idea is that the factory does not do any accessory installations. We find that handling individual clients at the factory interferes with production. After the launch, the trailer will only be available through dealers who will hold stock and accessories and complete the trailer to client's wishes (Unless they decide to only offer one or two variants and complete the trailer how they see fit.

Who are you dealers in JHB Heinz?

Quote Originally Posted by rlord182 View Post
    Who are you dealers in JHB Heinz?
    We have numerous dealers who have expressed interest - it's not exclusive to anyone at the moment. I'll list them. (Gareth and Sky are handling this.) I know Kennis in Roodepoort is one. But note that the recommended or probable retail price of this trailer is envisaged to sell at around R40 000 as indicated in the development of this product.

To offer some honest insight (in my opinion), the Genie won't reach the same resale values as the Mini did that was launched at the same price same years ago. The launch offering is not as competitive as the Mini in this that it is a 750kg axle and will always have some limitation. The launch price is well below dealer cost (dealers are equally welcome to bid.)

There isn't a Mini launch owner that did not own the trailer and sell it at a profit. Currently the original 29k Minis are selling for upwards of 70k to R110k, depending how comprehensively these are fitted.

Manufactured in 3CR12, this trailer will last many years, and at this price, I cannot see anyone reselling this in 6 months or 6 years at less than the launch price, even after taking rand devaluation into accout.

From what I've noted in the used market, Metalian holds it's resale value better than our competitor trailers do. (I'm a free market advocate and give any competitor the right to comparative adversting, using Metalian as a standard to be compared against.)

Looking forward to this trailer.

I had Apocalypse at my shop today who told me to drop the anti-loose door closures and rather fit my standard single operation stainless steel locking bars. He made a good point. So locking bars are included in the deal.

46 hours to go gents. Must say, it's all a bit quiet. I don't know if I'll be embarrassed or confused if I don't move 10 trailers.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast