Metalian Genie Launch special - Page 7

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Default Re: Metalian Genie Launch special

Quote Originally Posted by Douwddp View Post
    Anyone else planning on mounting a RTT on the Genie? What brands/type are you looking at?
    I would eventually like a small RTT on mine Ö have not investigated too much, but was thinking of something like the Frontrunner featherlight.

Suzi Blue , 2008 Nocturne Blue Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2 V6

Dobinson's 40mm suspension, Wizerd rock sliders, radiator, sump and diff plates
    Frontrunner RoofRack, NL 2nd Battery Box, Llumar sun protection
    16" Hyundai Tucson rims, 235/70R16 General Grabber AT3 tyres

We are a family of 5. Dont think a RTT would work for us.
    Always camped on the ground.
    - Commander Hemi

Howling moon stargazer 1.4 m will be perfect
    Last edited by Jessica1; 2019/10/22 at 08:34 PM.

Last edited by Jessica1; 2019/10/22 at 08:34 PM. Reason: A

Default Metalian Genie Launch special

Quote Originally Posted by KurtG View Post

The only benefit of an Ammo box is if you donít have a trailer or a drawer system in your car, then they are an option.
    Well I prefer a drawer system with ammo boxes rather than the normal type drawer systems
    Much more practical for me.

Fantastic trailer Heinz....congratulations.
    Last edited by Francois111; 2019/10/22 at 09:39 PM.
    Francois

The final nosecone in this series that takes the National Luna 60l fridge freezer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Metalian Trailer - Genie 1 Assembly Fridge Slide Nose Cone A.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	545148   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Metalian Trailer - Genie 1 Assembly Fridge Slide Nose Cone B.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	134.7 KB 
ID:	545149   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Metalian Trailer - Genie 1 Assembly Fridge Slide Nose Cone C.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	545150  

So I went past the factory this morning to have a look at the Genie prototype...just to get a feel for the size and dimensions.
    Very chuffed, really practical little trailer that will no doubt be a breeze to tow and store. Looking at its size I am now doubting whether 15Ē wheels are even necessary.

Must say...a few nice trailers there and now I am torn again regarding colour! The orange looks so good in person!

Quote Originally Posted by Wjn View Post
    So I went past the factory this morning to have a look at the Genie prototype...just to get a feel for the size and dimensions.
    Very chuffed, really practical little trailer that will no doubt be a breeze to tow and store. Looking at its size I am now doubting whether 15Ē wheels are even necessary.

Must say...a few nice trailers there and now I am torn again regarding colour! The orange looks so good in person!
    And you didnt even take one photo . I saw the prototype, but would love to see the real deal coming to life especially in a bright orange or white.
    2011 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
    2 Inch Fox Suspension
    285/70r17 Cooper STT Muds

Quote Originally Posted by Pietie View Post
    And you didnt even take one photo . I saw the prototype, but would love to see the real deal coming to life especially in a bright orange or white.

Still just the greyish prototype unfortunately, but the colourful Miniís standing around got me thinking though. Would have been nice to see it in the orange to get a feel for it.

Anyone come up with ideas to mount an awning yet? Seeing as the trailer itself is maybe chest height, some sort of adjustable mount to get it high enough to walk underneath...?

I popped in yesterday afternoon to check out the Genie prototype. What I've noticed is that the proposed roof rack with the tapper decrease the roof area to a point that you will not be able to fit 6 ammo boxes on the roof. I requested the option to change the roof rack to the type on the Mini in the photo. However, I don't require the slats as I plan to use the 6-up Ammo box cover of Camp Cover. With the square-bar type roof rack the bag/cover will fit nicely. My idea is that tent, gazebo, groundsheet (and camping cot) goes in the back on top of a piece of marine ply with the proposed water tank below. Table and solar panels strapped on top of ammo boxes on the roof. Damn, looking forward to our first trip....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191031_143929.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	265.8 KB 
ID:	546189

Quote Originally Posted by Wjn View Post
    Still just the greyish prototype unfortunately, but the colourful Miniís standing around got me thinking though. Would have been nice to see it in the orange to get a feel for it.

Anyone come up with ideas to mount an awning yet? Seeing as the trailer itself is maybe chest height, some sort of adjustable mount to get it high enough to walk underneath...?
    I thought about hinging an awning option that just folds over to the other side, but this give too much height, so if it is okay to fold it two thirds of the way, then this can work. Sliding and winding mechanisms are so iffy to operate and don't offer the simplicity and stability you get out of a solid hinge. It's always a lot of small detail that catches one with any new design. Please bare with me if you think this can work.

Quote Originally Posted by StephanF View Post
    I popped in yesterday afternoon to check out the Genie prototype. What I've noticed is that the proposed roof rack with the tapper decrease the roof area to a point that you will not be able to fit 6 ammo boxes on the roof. I requested the option to change the roof rack to the type on the Mini in the photo.
    We can obviously do this, but the cost is higher in a fabricated roofrack in extrusion than a punched one from sheetmetal.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Modricky View Post
    We can obviously do this, but the cost is higher in a fabricated roofrack in extrusion than a punched one from sheetmetal.
    What is the possibility of an upright version of the punched sheetmetal roof rack?

What is the possibility of an upright version of the punched sheetmetal roof rack?
    Sure this can be done.

I would also be interested in this option, to maximize roof space for tent an gazebo and mattresses.
    - Commander Hemi

I popped in yesterday afternoon to check out the Genie prototype. What I've noticed is that the proposed roof rack with the tapper decrease the roof area to a point that you will not be able to fit 6 ammo boxes on the roof. I requested the option to change the roof rack to the type on the Mini in the photo. However, I don't require the slats as I plan to use the 6-up Ammo box cover of Camp Cover. With the square-bar type roof rack the bag/cover will fit nicely. My idea is that tent, gazebo, groundsheet (and camping cot) goes in the back on top of a piece of marine ply with the proposed water tank below. Table and solar panels strapped on top of ammo boxes on the roof. Damn, looking forward to our first trip....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191031_143929.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	265.8 KB 
ID:	546189

Very good point regarding the proposed roofrack. I would also prefer this type, its more versatile. Would gladly pay more for this

On the idea of roof racks - I asked Heinz:

I have a half size Frontrunner roof rack (1255mm(W) x 1358mm(L)) - How does this compare with the dimensions of the Genie?

I was toying with the idea of mounting tracks on the Genie, rather than the cut sheet metal roof rack you are offering, and then fitting the front runner roof rack to it - this may make it easier to mount a RTT on the roof rack, or alternatively my vehicle second spare wheel and jerry cans which normally travel on top of my car.

Heinz replied that it will overlap about 5cm each side, but should work fine - I think this could work quite nicely for me, as everything is readily available to carry my normal vehicle roofrack load on, or alternatively mount a RTT on it - maybe an idea for others too.

Suzi Blue , 2008 Nocturne Blue Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2 V6

Dobinson's 40mm suspension, Wizerd rock sliders, radiator, sump and diff plates
    Frontrunner RoofRack, NL 2nd Battery Box, Llumar sun protection
    16" Hyundai Tucson rims, 235/70R16 General Grabber AT3 tyres

How are the designs coming along Heinz? The thread has gone quiet...

Designing has stopped. We're in production. Gareth would have asked for final colours please. We should go to powder coating Friday next week.

I wanted to tick orange, but decided on white.
    Will send my final order later tonight or in the morning.
    Decided to go with the fridge slide nose cone....
    - Commander Hemi

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast