Metalian Genie Launch special - Page 5

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Default Re: Metalian Genie Launch special

Quote Originally Posted by Douwddp View Post
    Can we replace the proposed rubber extrusion that will hold the kitchen door with cable supports?
    It's possible, Gareth will forward an works card by tomorrow that will include an entry for preferences from you for us to look at.
    Last edited by Heinz Modricky; 2019/10/14 at 02:00 PM.

My suggestion would be those tyre valve caps that have the metal valve remover built in.

Or a really big sticker that says I LOVE MY METALIAN

All jokes aside, takes a big man to put his money where his mouth is and you took a risk. There was no knowing if ten would go all at once and stock on the floor is money not in the bank.. Much respect.
    Lusted for a Landy but the Pajero was sexier and bigger in the right departments, just like my Missus.

2004 Gen 3. 3.8i petrol V6 (PAJTU)
    X Factor Bundutop trailer (designed by me)
    1998 Blister Fender Pajero 3500 24V (PAJ) (Sold)
    BMW R1200R

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    My suggestion would be those tyre valve caps that have the metal valve remover built in.
    The freebie will be a trailer accessory like a drawer, stainless steel work surface, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Modricky View Post
    "Aggressiveness" and size is not the same thing. Are you just wanting a more butch look? Or do you want a tyre that can deflate better for better off-roading ability? For the latter, the trailer is so light, you're not going to need it. With the current mudguards you can maybe fit 730mm OD. It's possible we could look at a bigger mudguard for a bigger tyre, if there is a bigger call for this.
    By aggressiveness I mean if a person wants to put on goodyear wranglers or day 215 75 15 bfs could he do this straight from your factory to avoid paying for the stock tyres.

Thanks Heinz, a OD of 730mm is more than enough for this size trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael11 View Post
    By aggressiveness I mean if a person wants to put on goodyear wranglers or day 215 75 15 bfs could he do this straight from your factory to avoid paying for the stock tyres.

Thanks Heinz, a OD of 730mm is more than enough for this size trailer.
    Yes, this can be done direct from the factory. We're getting a price on 14 inch mud terreins. You'll note the current PCD is 4 x 100. This will be 6/139.6 as standard o both 14 and 15 inch options. Maximum tyre width is 245mm.

This is the rugged 14 inch that can be fitted

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maxxis Buckshot 14.jpeg 
Views:	161 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	544357
    Last edited by Heinz Modricky; 2019/10/15 at 04:25 PM.

Well done Heinz for a great launch, and well done to all who scored on this one.
    @Heinz, as one of the guys who followed the other threads when you first proposed this concept, right around the time this started gaining traction, I found out my wife and I are expecting, which I am extremely excited about.
    Naturally, my priorities have shifted for now, but am still very keen on this.
    So, long story short, I do sincerely hope this goes into production, and can be made available to us guys in Gauteng in the next while.
    I totally respect the fact that pricing, etc, will not be the same as this special, but nonetheless I have no doubt it will still be a great value for money option.
    All the best to you and the lucky 10!

Quote Originally Posted by stof-lappie View Post
    @Heinz, as one of the guys who followed the other threads when you first proposed this concept, right around the time this started gaining traction, I found out my wife and I are expecting, which I am extremely excited about.
    Congratulations, I'll need to design a small cocoon holder bracket for you .

Quote Originally Posted by stof-lappie View Post
    Well done Heinz for a great launch, and well done to all who scored on this one.
    Naturally, my priorities have shifted for now, but am still very keen on this.
    So, long story short, I do sincerely hope this goes into production, and can be made available to us guys in Gauteng in the next while.
    I totally respect the fact that pricing, etc, will not be the same as this special, but nonetheless I have no doubt it will still be a great value for money option.
    All the best to you and the lucky 10!

Now you will need is more than ever Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by hatjohan View Post
    Now you will need is more than ever Congrats!
    Exactly my thoughts. Exact same reason I'm getting a Genie. Not enough space in the vehicle since the new addition to the family.

Congratulations, I'll need to design a small cocoon holder bracket for you .
    .. it's THAT mindset right there that makes your business model and your understanding of customer needs, simply the best!
    You deserve all the success that's coming your way!

When the little guy (having a boy, woo-hoo!!) gets here and things settle down, you'll be receiving my order. I'm sure SWAMBO will approve of your proposed modification too!

The last few changes are being made and added to the launch offer. You'll note the coupler bracket modification, the rear tread-plate skid, the locking bars. In line with keeping the cost down, I envisage a rear drawer that slides on teflon rather than expensive full extension slides. (The rear drawer is not a freebie.) But I'll include the hidden drawer and battery brackets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Metalian Trailer - Genie 1 Assembly Rear Closed Door A.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	544454   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Metalian Trailer - Genie 1 Assembly Rear Open Door New B.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	152.2 KB 
ID:	544455  
    Last edited by Heinz Modricky; 2019/10/16 at 02:31 PM. Reason: typos

The last few changes are being made and added to the launch offer. You'll note the coupler bracket modification, the rear tread-plate skid, the locking bars. In line with keeping the cost down, I envisage a rear drawer that slides on teflon rather than expensive full extension slides. (The rear drawer is not a freebie.) But I'll include the hidden drawer and battery brackets.
    love it thank you Heinz ... looking fantastic

Suzi Blue , 2008 Nocturne Blue Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2 V6

Dobinson's 40mm suspension, Wizerd rock sliders, radiator, sump and diff plates
    Frontrunner RoofRack, NL 2nd Battery Box, Llumar sun protection
    16" Hyundai Tucson rims, 235/70R16 General Grabber AT3 tyres

Here are the battery brackets under the kitchen cupboard - some panels removed to provide a better view. Either single or double 105Ahour batteries can be fitted. Note the hidden drawer (included) and the cutlery drawer (not included as a freebie).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Heinz Modricky; 2019/10/16 at 02:47 PM. Reason: typos

Already planning our first trip👍🏻Order form has been submitted.

You are spoiling us, I cannot wait. Tread plate looks good as do the other extras.

I think a cool addition will be a box on the front that takes a few Ammo crates (maybe 2 or 3 high) for some clothes and light things . Maybe just with some channel that they can slide on.

Camping with Ammo boxes is so last decade, the primary reason I went for the Metalian over another all conquering brand is that you can travel without any ammo boxes, they are the worst.
    2014 Pajero 3.2DiD SWB

Quote Originally Posted by KurtG View Post
    Camping with Ammo boxes is so last decade, the primary reason I went for the Metalian over another all conquering brand is that you can travel without any ammo boxes, they are the worst.
    enlighten us please... pictures would be nice

Suzi Blue , 2008 Nocturne Blue Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2 V6

Dobinson's 40mm suspension, Wizerd rock sliders, radiator, sump and diff plates
    Frontrunner RoofRack, NL 2nd Battery Box, Llumar sun protection
    16" Hyundai Tucson rims, 235/70R16 General Grabber AT3 tyres

Quote Originally Posted by KurtG View Post

Why? If you are not living directly from your trailer?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast