Metalian Genie Launch special - Page 4

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Default Re: Metalian Genie Launch special

And congrats to the 10 who got their bids in on time
    2014 Pajero 3.2DiD SWB

Soon we can start a 'Metalian Genie Super Thread' with all our customisations
    Last edited by StephanF; 2019/10/11 at 07:08 AM.

Hi Heinz

Many thanks for getting my bid in, really appreciated. Will be following this thread avidly.

Congratulations to all at Metalian and to Heinz in particular for listening to what people want in a trailer and doing something about it.
    And to the 10 new Metalian owners ................ you will not regret buying a Metalian. Enjoy the anticipation while waiting to take delivery and use the time will in planning all the mods.
    Sam
    ZS1SAM
    V5/ZS1SAM

Well done to Heinz and the Metalian Team. Congratulations on the winning bidders!

Now we wait in anticipation on the Urbanite Heinz....?

Quote Originally Posted by Et1Zook View Post
    Well done to Heinz and the Metalian Team. Congratulations on the winning bidders!

Now we wait in anticipation on the Urbanite Heinz....?
    It's going easier since putting in my own canvas division. Will get on to this next.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Modricky View Post
    I'll keep editing this first post so that all the info is contained in this one post (that is to answer any questions asked later in this thread).

Date: Thursday 10th October, 2019
    Time: 20h00

The auction will run as follows. Should you wish to bid on the Genie, enter "+1" (excluding the apostrophes) as a reply in this thread from 20h00 onwards. The forum clock time stamp applies. Any dispute will be referred to groot baas and his decision is final. Only one "+1" per post is accepted. If you are in an area with poor internet speed, please ask a forum buddy to bid on your behalf and preferably advise me beforehand by PM who you are and who is bidding on your behalf.

The Genie is manufactured from 3CR12, seam sealed and powder-coated. It is unbraked trailer with 900kg round bar axle and leaf-spring without shocks (and without the possibility of fitting shocks aftermarket. The wheels are 14 inch 6 stud, 139.6 PCD, zero offset. The trailer can accept 15 inch wheels. There are two small lockable hatches behind each wheel arch.

There is a kitchen cupboard (400 mm deep (fits ammo boxes) and shelves on the passenger side and a rear opening door offset to the right. The kitchen cupboard extends down into the trailer belly and allows for two batteries to be fitted in the base of the kitchen cupboard. (Battery brackets not included.) There is an additional base compartment accessible from the kitchen cupboard. (It's best to look at the pictures to understand this pack space.)

The rear compartment is manufactured such that it can take a full extension drawer (not included in this offer).

The box is built between the wheel arches and follows the Metalian monocoque belly that allows for a water tank to fit under the rear drawer or be used as additional pack volume.

The pictures and video show the doors locking with anti-loose fittings. I will change this to the standard single operation stainless steel locking bars we have on the original Metalians. No change in price. (Thank Apocalypse for telling me how the anti-loose fittings look.)

Spare wheel fitted to the front.

A nosecone is not included, but the trailer can get a nosecone - and the spare wheel goes to the rear on a swingarm. (Neither nosecone nor swingarm are included in this offer.)

The drawbar is extendable for easier reversing and more stable tow at higher speeds, and can be retracted with off-roading through tight bends (better articulation).

A roof-rack is available and included in this offer. I'm just not sure if I have the correct functional design for this, and will accept requests for alternative design. In my opinion the trailer is only good for a RTT (not included).

The drivers side of the box can be fitted with two Jerry can holders (in the event of a nosecone being fitted), alternatively the drawbar can take jerrycan and gasbottle holders (not included).

The Genie is designed for the B licence (sub 750kg GVM), and lighter tow vehicles where the tow vehicle GVM may only be 1100kgs, thereby limiting the trailer GVM to 550kgs. The client can specify the GVM preference and the leaf-springs will be matched to the respective GVM's. The trailer tare will be registered at 300kgs - currently as an empty box with no accessories, the tare is 160kgs.

Colour choice on request only.

Pictures and drawings to be added.

Only 10 Genie's are on offer at R29500 inclusive of VAT. (I'll consider increasing this quantity, but will need to adjust pricing when adding more trailers.)

+1

Great looking trailer and what a great way to sell them . Disappointed that I missed the auction! Heinz how about 10 more

I'm not sure there is sufficient interest to do a second launch. The obvious intention of doing launches at lower pricing is to gain interest rather than just give away value. It will also be a bit unfair to the first bidders to simply do a repeat at same or similar price.

I was prepared to list 30 trailers initially, but noted in the build-up to the launch that this figures was too high. I think the next promo's are best held by the dealers. I know that Morne of Kennis Roodepoort is keen to do one with a specific target.

I am wondering what our free extra is

Quote Originally Posted by Michael11 View Post
    90lt Engel fridge
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

The air in the tires?

What is the largest profile tyres that we can fit and do you offer us the option to upgrade our tyres to a more aggressive AT Tyre.

Can we replace the proposed rubber extrusion that will hold the kitchen door with cable supports?

I'm confused, what fee is this? - if you mean for the nosecone, drawers, etc.. it will be in line with all our components' pricing. I'm doing a few more drawing tweeks this week and we'll start next Monday.

My pleasure, I'll put in something extra for all you guys as well.
    They are referring to this Heinz. I think some are hoping for an RTT as well.
    Lusted for a Landy but the Pajero was sexier and bigger in the right departments, just like my Missus.

2004 Gen 3. 3.8i petrol V6 (PAJTU)
    X Factor Bundutop trailer (designed by me)
    1998 Blister Fender Pajero 3500 24V (PAJ) (Sold)
    BMW R1200R

What is the largest profile tyres that we can fit and do you offer us the option to upgrade our tyres to a more aggressive AT Tyre.
    "Aggressiveness" and size is not the same thing. Are you just wanting a more butch look? Or do you want a tyre that can deflate better for better off-roading ability? For the latter, the trailer is so light, you're not going to need it. With the current mudguards you can maybe fit 730mm OD. It's possible we could look at a bigger mudguard for a bigger tyre, if there is a bigger call for this.
    Last edited by Heinz Modricky; 2019/10/14 at 01:54 PM. Reason: typos

I'm confused, what fee is this? - if you mean for the nosecone, drawers, etc.. it will be in line with all our components' pricing. I'm doing a few more drawing tweeks this week and we'll start next Monday.
    Apologies, I read that too fast. The freebie, let's see what we can do. If you only want extra free air in your tyres, that's all you'll get extra .

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    They are referring to this Heinz. I think some are hoping for an RTT as well.
    Ja, right!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast