Metalian Genie Launch special - Page 2

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Default Re: Metalian Genie Launch special

I must say, I was.watching the video last night, and then went on your website afterwards. I am very happy about this locking bar announcement.
    Last edited by Adriaan29; 2019/10/08 at 10:27 PM.
    - Commander Hemi

Not sure if I missed something! Are there any pics of this trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by RobDaley View Post
    Not sure if I missed something! Are there any pics of this trailer?
    Here -> https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...-trailer/page9
    2011 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
    2 Inch Fox Suspension
    285/70r17 Cooper STT Muds

Quote Originally Posted by Adriaan29 View Post
    I must say, I was.watching the video last night, and then went on your website afterwards. I am very happy about this locking bar announcement.
    The problem is the trailer is so light that when you try to push the door closed, it moved out of the way, besides as Apocalypse said, anti-luse's are not Metalian style.

24 hours to go gents.

I have a potential client that is on a farm. If you see a "+1" from me, I am bidding on his behalf.

Default Re: Metalian Genie Launch special +1

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Modricky View Post
    I'll keep editing this first post so that all the info is contained in this one post (that is to answer any questions asked later in this thread).

Date: Thursday 10th October, 2019
    Time: 20h00

The auction will run as follows. Should you wish to bid on the Genie, enter "+1" (excluding the apostrophes) as a reply in this thread from 20h00 onwards. The forum clock time stamp applies. Any dispute will be referred to groot baas and his decision is final. Only one "+1" per post is accepted. If you are in an area with poor internet speed, please ask a forum buddy to bid on your behalf and preferably advise me beforehand by PM who you are and who is bidding on your behalf.

The Genie is manufactured from 3CR12, seam sealed and powder-coated. It is unbraked trailer with 900kg round bar axle and leaf-spring without shocks (and without the possibility of fitting shocks aftermarket. The wheels are 14 inch 6 stud, 139.6 PCD, zero offset. The trailer can accept 15 inch wheels. There are two small lockable hatches behind each wheel arch.

There is a kitchen cupboard (400 mm deep (fits ammo boxes) and shelves on the passenger side and a rear opening door offset to the right. The kitchen cupboard extends down into the trailer belly and allows for two batteries to be fitted in the base of the kitchen cupboard. (Battery brackets not included.) There is an additional base compartment accessible from the kitchen cupboard. (It's best to look at the pictures to understand this pack space.)

The rear compartment is manufactured such that it can take a full extension drawer (not included in this offer).

The box is built between the wheel arches and follows the Metalian monocoque belly that allows for a water tank to fit under the rear drawer or be used as additional pack volume.

The pictures and video show the doors locking with anti-loose fittings. I will change this to the standard single operation stainless steel locking bars we have on the original Metalians. No change in price. (Thank Apocalypse for telling me how the anti-loose fittings look.)

Spare wheel fitted to the front.

A nosecone is not included, but the trailer can get a nosecone - and the spare wheel goes to the rear on a swingarm. (Neither nosecone nor swingarm are included in this offer.)

The drawbar is extendable for easier reversing and more stable tow at higher speeds, and can be retracted with off-roading through tight bends (better articulation).

A roof-rack is available and included in this offer. I'm just not sure if I have the correct functional design for this, and will accept requests for alternative design. In my opinion the trailer is only good for a RTT (not included).

The drivers side of the box can be fitted with two Jerry can holders (in the event of a nosecone being fitted), alternatively the drawbar can take jerrycan and gasbottle holders (not included).

The Genie is designed for the B licence (sub 750kg GVM), and lighter tow vehicles where the tow vehicle GVM may only be 1100kgs, thereby limiting the trailer GVM to 550kgs. The client can specify the GVM preference and the leaf-springs will be matched to the respective GVM's. The trailer tare will be registered at 300kgs - currently as an empty box with no accessories, the tare is 160kgs.

Colour choice on request only.

Pictures and drawings to be added.

Only 10 Genie's are on offer at R29500 inclusive of VAT. (I'll consider increasing this quantity, but will need to adjust pricing when adding more trailers.)

Gents, my next post will be all you need to post to secure your spot. If you make a typo, it's okay - don't stress too much.
    Last edited by Heinz Modricky; 2019/10/10 at 07:58 PM. Reason: typos

+1

tick tock tick tock - Heinz what is the axle ground clearance of the trailer ?

Suzi Blue , 2008 Nocturne Blue Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2 V6

Dobinson's 40mm suspension, Wizerd rock sliders, radiator, sump and diff plates
    Frontrunner RoofRack, NL 2nd Battery Box, Llumar sun protection
    16" Hyundai Tucson rims, 235/70R16 General Grabber AT3 tyres

295mm with 14's. If you need to squeeze a bit more, a higher profile tyre or a 15 inch can get you another 30 mm before we need to do some engineering change. 295mm is higher than most SUV's though.
    Last edited by Heinz Modricky; 2019/10/10 at 01:34 PM. Reason: typos

How is this bidding going to work? First 10 people to comment "+1" at 20:00 gets a trailer or will you "release" them one by one?

The first 10 persons to type +1 from 20h00 onwards pay R29500 including VAT for a Genie trailer. Production starts in a week and the ten will be delivered in time for Xmas (December 13 ex works Cape Town latest.) 50% deposit within 7 days and balance on despatch.

Lets hope i get lucky.

Looks ominously quiet to me - compared to the Mini launch. Well, it is what it is.

Good Luck with the sale !!
    Metalian Maxi

Tick tock....

+1
    - Commander Hemi

+1

+1

+1

Suzi Blue , 2008 Nocturne Blue Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2 V6

Dobinson's 40mm suspension, Wizerd rock sliders, radiator, sump and diff plates
    Frontrunner RoofRack, NL 2nd Battery Box, Llumar sun protection
    16" Hyundai Tucson rims, 235/70R16 General Grabber AT3 tyres

+1
    2008 Fortuner D4D

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast