T4A on new Garmin Overlander - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: T4A on new Garmin Overlander

Quote Originally Posted by Lizette Swart View Post
    Hi Chris,

Yes, on the Garmin you can navigate to the T4A POI's that you find in the Africa Guide. If you bought a downloadable link for our T4A maps from our online store, please send an email to [email protected] from the email you used to log into our online store, and request the Africa Guide, they will upload it to your profile and you can download it free of charge. If you bought an SD card, the Africa Guide is pre-loaded on the SD card, and will be available on your GPS already.

The T4A Guide App for smartphones, are (for the moment) not a navigational tool, but rather an information tool, so even though you can see your GPS position on the screen and follow your progress, it does not give "driving instructions" like the GPS does.

Enjoy!

Lizette
    Hi Lizette

Thanks, I have the T4A Africa Guide on my Overlander device now. I understand there is more info about POI on the Guide mapset. Is the POI's on both the T4A POI map and T4A Africa guide the same? If I am looking just for POI for navigation (not more info about it) which mapset would you use?
    Ps 16:5

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    Hi Lizette

Thanks, I have the T4A Africa Guide on my Overlander device now. I understand there is more info about POI on the Guide mapset. Is the POI's on both the T4A POI map and T4A Africa guide the same? If I am looking just for POI for navigation (not more info about it) which mapset would you use?
    Hi Chris,

Yes the POI's are the same, the Africa Guide will just give you more information on the POI's. Having said that, the updates to our Africa Guide coincides with our SD card releases, in May and October each year. We have two additional updates in March and December, that is only available as a download link, i.e. it is not released on SD card. So if you purchased the download link now in March, the POI"s will be more up to date than the POI's on the Africa Guide, which is from October last year. This simply means that there may be new POI's on the March update, that is not on the Africa Guide. Or we may have marked a lodge as closed on the March update, that still appears on the Africa Guide. So there will be slight discrepancies in the POI's.

So if you are only looking for the POI's to navigate, use the T4A ordinary mapset, if you are looking for more information on the GPS, use the Africa Guide.

Enjoy!

Lizette
    Lizette Swart

[email protected]
    +27 21 880 8660
    www.tracks4africa.co.za

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lizette Swart For This Useful Post:

Hallo Everybody,

For those that were thinking of making use of our Lockdown Specials through the T4A online shop, the sale is coming to an end on Sunday 31 May 2020 - on the 1st of June we will start with a "Recovery Sale", but these prices will not be the same as the Lockdown Sale, so you have two more days to make use of these excellent prices! Shop online at: https://shop.tracks4africa.co.za/

Be safe

Regards

Lizette
    Lizette Swart

[email protected]
    +27 21 880 8660
    www.tracks4africa.co.za

Hi All

received my Garmin overlander yesterday. Also purchased the T4A SD card. If you insert the SD card it asks you to install it and if you click ok then a message pops up that says install fail. Can anyone assist?

Thanks
    2020 Toyota Landcruiser 200 GX-R
    2018 Range rover sport
    2017 BMW M4

Quote Originally Posted by pieter_fourie View Post
    Hi All

received my Garmin overlander yesterday. Also purchased the T4A SD card. If you insert the SD card it asks you to install it and if you click ok then a message pops up that says install fail. Can anyone assist?

Thanks
    Hallo Pieter,

Can you confirm which version of the T4A maps you bought? It will have a date on the packaging, typically it will say "Version 20.05" or "Version 19.05" - anything before version 19.10 will not work on the Overlander, we would need to send you an updated map. We usually do recover the older version from the retailers but sometimes one slip through the system!

If you do have a newer version of our maps, please can you pm your contact details and I will ask someone from our support department to assist you.

Regards

Lizette
    Lizette Swart

[email protected]
    +27 21 880 8660
    www.tracks4africa.co.za

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3