Hobby park krugersdorp trail - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Hobby park krugersdorp trail

my mate took these two pics of it. You cant really see it in those photos though unfortunately, but, its so hardcore theres no ways you could even walk up or down it, it would be quite a difficult climb on foot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8e5531d8-e0ae-4dea-9cba-e0dec35819a4.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	309.1 KB 
ID:	542840

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8962ac82-d12e-4182-8f49-3915334d10f1.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	359.3 KB 
ID:	542841
    2004 Nissan Patrol 4.8
    1999 Nissan Patrol 4.2D

Photos never seem to do it any justice... Here is a pic of when we were last there, it does give a bit of an indication of how steep it really is. The Kia did remarkably well, but in the end couldn't make it all the way up, just for sake of reference.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

'07 VW Touareg (T2) 3.0 V6 TDi (BKS), Air Suspension, Centre and Rear diff locks, DeCAT, 265-65R17 muds
    '01 Jeep WJ Limited 4.7 V8 with some bits - Sold
    '83 Range Rover Classic 3dr 3.5 V8 Rust bucket - Sold

Yes, that section is the tricky bit. The left line up there is the best or was when I did it a couple months back. But I did have front, centre and rear lockers on.

Its a balance of momentum, line and traction that is required
    There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range

Discovery and Range Rovers: SOLD: enough is enough

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    It was a nice day out!
    the Patrol just makes things far too easy though, didn’t even break a sweat .

The fortuner and hilux had some slipping on the shale which resulted in some interesting vehicle angles (and my heart in my throat watching it), and the stock hilux gave its nudge bar a good beating.

The only one we didnt do was that number 10 though. I just cannot see how that can be done at the moment, it looks totally impossible.
    we popped through last minute for a quick drive around the same weekend, Glad you enjoyed it, obstacle 10 is tricky, and that last bit at the top feels like a ton of commitment at the bottom haha even with lifts and tires it still makes my tummy tighten. Sadly it is very dry, and the lakes and ponds all but dried up for now, till the rains come.

The outride has sadly changed and no more access to the parks board side, which was up to the lookout point (with the gravesite) which was always my favorite part of the outride, as there is the one really tricky climb up the side of a cliff and a 180-degree hair-raiser before descending again.

Quote Originally Posted by Geared View Post
    we popped through last minute for a quick drive around the same weekend, Glad you enjoyed it, obstacle 10 is tricky, and that last bit at the top feels like a ton of commitment at the bottom haha even with lifts and tires it still makes my tummy tighten. Sadly it is very dry, and the lakes and ponds all but dried up for now, till the rains come.

The outride has sadly changed and no more access to the parks board side, which was up to the lookout point (with the gravesite) which was always my favorite part of the outride, as there is the one really tricky climb up the side of a cliff and a 180-degree hair-raiser before descending again.
    Yip, I think they have closed that off due to some extremely rare plant being found to have made the top of the ridge it's home.
    There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range

Discovery and Range Rovers: SOLD: enough is enough

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2