Default T4A - can't find legend to explain the track/roads/gravel routes symbols

Maybe I am missing something but I cannot find a legend to explain any of the roads in the online map or the Guide App.

sometimes they have 'sand' or wording next to them, but nowhere can I find an explanation for the various road depictions and yet there are many:

thick brown, dotted brown with no white, white with brown dashes, white with red dashes, red dashes without any white, solid white (without road name), thin white (possibly not even a road, not sure, maybe a river - solved found the river name!).

can someone enlighten me to where I can find this info or share what each one means.
    Last edited by mdkb; 2019/09/25 at 12:55 AM. Reason: edit, found a river name solved one of them, woohoo

Default Re: T4A - can't find legend to explain the track/roads/gravel routes symbols

Same query. What am I missing?

Default Re: T4A - can't find legend to explain the track/roads/gravel routes symbols

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2578.JPG 
Views:	718 
Size:	184.7 KB 
ID:	542155This is from their paper maps should be the same I’d assume.
    Frank Visagie.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OffTheHamsterWheel For This Useful Post:

Does this help? . . . it is the legend in the T4A map book.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6375.jpg 
Views:	950 
Size:	163.1 KB 
ID:	542156  
    PedroD

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PedroD For This Useful Post:

T4A sent me a legend for the guide app last night (thumbnail size unfortunately so not sure how well this will share). It has slightly differing wording but is mostly its the same as the paper one by the looks of it. (they also said it is a work in progress on the app)

Name:	legend for roads.png 
Views:	976 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	542185

Anybody know what this T4A symbol means?

BaseCamp refuse to route past it.

Name:	T$A.PNG 
Views:	118 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	564853

Name:	t4a2.PNG 
Views:	129 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	564854
    Last edited by swakop_toe; 2020/04/03 at 10:28 PM.
    '00 Nissan D22 QD32Ti 4x4 D/C - many, many mods.
    '10 Toyota LC150 1GR-FE VX - stock
    '10 Yamaha XT1200Z Super Ténéré - stock with some farkles
    - Our lives were governed by the Ten Commandments, good judgment, and common sense. -

Quote Originally Posted by swakop_toe View Post
    Anybody know what this T4A symbol means?

BaseCamp refuse to route past it.

Name:	T$A.PNG 
Views:	118 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	564853

Name:	t4a2.PNG 
Views:	129 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	564854
    It usually indicates a "break" in the road. For example where there's a locked gate prohibiting access beyond that point. You will also find them at international borders where the road numbers change from one country to another. There have also been some of these which were errors and were subsequently fixed in later versions of T4A. In your example the break still shows on my map, but I can route through it (2017/10 version of T4A).

From here: https://shop.tracks4africa.co.za/faq...ry/gps/page/9/

• 3) GPS MAPS: BREAKS IN ROUTES OR ROUTE CALCULATIONS

If you experience a problem when doing trip planning on PC software like Mapsource or Basecamp, where you notice a small break in the route in your maps and it forces the route calculation back on itself, and it does not work etc. PLEASE NOTE:
      We normally break roads in our GPS Maps very deliberately in order to influence routing calculations. It may well be that you are not allowed to enter eg. Mana Pools from eastern side where you notice the break, as the official entrance gate is on the western boundary. The eastern side is normally taken up by concession holders.

So there could be a valid explanation for the break in the road you are encountering.
    Frank Visagie.