Discovery 3 TD5 smoking after fuel pressure regulator replaced

Default TD5 smoking after fuel pressure regulator replaced

The title says it all. After my indie replaced the fuel pressure regulator, she's started to smoke under acceleration. Now, I have tried bleeding the system a few times and I could hear a bit of air circulating. She doesn't have a custom map on her, nor a larger intercooler nor a different turbo. The injectors were checked 10,000km ago and they were in excellent condition. She is also not up or down on power

Is it possible the air was causing issues or must I accept that there's now more fuel going to the injectors and she smokes?

Default Re: TD5 smoking after fuel pressure regulator replaced

Quote Originally Posted by Hamrat View Post
    The title says it all. After my indie replaced the fuel pressure regulator, she's started to smoke under acceleration. Now, I have tried bleeding the system a few times and I could hear a bit of air circulating. She doesn't have a custom map on her, nor a larger intercooler nor a different turbo. The injectors were checked 10,000km ago and they were in excellent condition. She is also not up or down on power

Is it possible the air was causing issues or must I accept that there's now more fuel going to the injectors and she smokes?
    It might also be smoking because there is a lack of air usually caused by a dirty air filter or incorrect MAF or ambient air temp sensor readings.

BTW shes old enough to smoke
    Last edited by FWM; 2019/09/20 at 01:33 PM.
    2000 Land Rover Discovery II TD5
    2019 Suzuki Baleno 1.4 GLX platkar

What colour is the smoke. Black would mean overfueling in other words too much fuel and not enough air. This can be caused by dirty air filters, faulty maf sensor, split boost hoses, buggered turbo or holes in the intercooler.

What colour is the smoke if black check the air inlet hoses hose clamps are securely tightened, check for split hoses, sounds like air getting into the system. Take it back and tell them to check.