Will Garmin 60Cx work with new T4A maps

Default Will Garmin 60Cx work with new T4A maps

I have an upcoming trip to Botswana and I am wondering if new T4A maps will work with my old GPS (check it out, it's a classic)

I lost the keys to my old 2010 series maps and can't retrieve them anymore. I have the following choices:

- Buy the new Botswana maps and use with my old GPS. (I don't want to buy a new GPS, but very much like the functionality of planning routes on PC and transferring it to GPS)
    - Buy the T4A navigation app for Android (I have read the reviews and the app seems low quality, also not able to plan on PC and transfer to phone)

Stuck between a rock and a hard place. Any pearls of wisdom will be appreciated.

Thanks

Default Re: Will Garmin 60Cx work with new T4A maps

These in my opinion are very good no nonsense units. I have the 60Csx and I have T4A loaded and works perfectly. If need be increase your memory card capacity. Not sure what the card limit size is. Do you plan to load all Africa or just regional bits.. I just load regional bits. It will work. See the PDF Document from T4A website for compatible units.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-09-17 at 16.31.59.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	541263  
    Attached Files Attached Files

2019 Triton Auto
    Sold - 2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2.5 DiD 4x4 a/t
    Jurgens XT140

had a 60csx best gps ever but unfortunately cant take the complete T4A map set, load regional as you need.

had to replace mine with a oregon unit
    Hilux 2700i s/c 4X4 with a few extras ...............
    Cape Town

“I lost the keys to my old 2010 series maps and can't retrieve them anymore.”

I had a similar problem when I moved from a PC to a Mac. I was able to retrieve the keys so I could unlock the maps on the new computer. As long as the maps are still on your old GPS. Here’s the link: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?fa...NI3D3aF4o4oNl9

Quote Originally Posted by ismail View Post
    had a 60csx best gps ever but unfortunately cant take the complete T4A map set, load regional as you need.

had to replace mine with a oregon unit
    I thought so, thank you for confirming this. The guy I bought my GPS from told me this. And that's why I only load regional maps as needed.
    BTW was it not you?? I met you at your place of work? You had the Land Cruiser?

2019 Triton Auto
    Sold - 2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2.5 DiD 4x4 a/t
    Jurgens XT140

I have the exact same GPS for my motorcycle and yes it took my T4A card, no issues

I will take a pic and post tonight
    Last edited by Malmoer; 2019/09/18 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks for all the answers, the salesman at outdoor warehouse also told me that but I have to confirm with trusted third parties.

I am only planning to load the map for botswana. So probably no problem with space there.