Default Re: My son's gym supplement MK 677

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8292.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	541077

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepiscool View Post
    Hi guys, my son is very passionate about working out and is buffing up amazingly! He is contemplating to start using MK 677, which simulates increase levels of growth hormones.

Obviously we are very cautious about any hormone mentioning stuff and are booking an appointment with our gp to discuss.

I have two considerations about this:
    1. He is 17 and probably still full of growth hormones from puberty. Would he actually benefit?
    2. Reading up on it, it seems that the possibility exists that his anxiety levels could become increased. He is already taking strain from anxiety during tests and the last thing that we want is his grade eleven marks to take a tumble.

But as you may guess, the gym buddies are on this so the convincing isn't all that straight forward.

If you know more about MK 677, I'd appreciate your information or opinion!
    I have not read the thread, so all I say might be a 'repeat', if so please ignore.

1) Why GH at 17? I can't see the sense in raising it at an age when it's at its peak. If he really needs to, a day a week of fasting increases blood GH three fold or more ( I read).

2) Gym is a lovely activity, but I feel fun and health should be the focus. Clean. As long as calories are in slight surplus you prob don't even need tonnes of protein.

3) Ensure that he looks after his mind as well as his body. Read, travel, meet people... Do voluntary work. There are a too many young men looking like Belgian blue cows with nothing between their ears.

Cheers

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tashtego9 For This Useful Post:

Hi guys, my son is very passionate about working out and is buffing up amazingly! He is contemplating to start using MK 677, which simulates increase levels of growth hormones.

Obviously we are very cautious about any hormone mentioning stuff and are booking an appointment with our gp to discuss.

I have two considerations about this:
    1. He is 17 and probably still full of growth hormones from puberty. Would he actually benefit?
    2. Reading up on it, it seems that the possibility exists that his anxiety levels could become increased. He is already taking strain from anxiety during tests and the last thing that we want is his grade eleven marks to take a tumble.

But as you may guess, the gym buddies are on this so the convincing isn't all that straight forward.

If you know more about MK 677, I'd appreciate your information or opinion!
    My son is nineteen and is progressing to body building championships. Because of his age and the fact that he has many years to go before reaching full natural development he will not use it.Additionally the long term effects are unknown at this stage. My son trains with the serious clubs takes professional advice not that of the mates who generally mean well but only have half knowledge.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to redondo1955 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing1 View Post
    There was a documentary on Netflix about a mr Olympia who is now completely stuffed up he walks with crutches nd is in constant pain
    According to Mens Health, men who do weight training live longer and stay mobile longer (think it has to do with bone density)

If the above is true. That documentary must show that roids mess you up. On the other hand, Arnie was there and he looks great for his age, and so does Stallone. Did they juice? Did they stop earlier? Or are they still on it and just phenomenons?
    1996 Discovery 1 (SOLD)
    2009 Corsa Utility 1.7Dti (Everyday drive)
    2001 Mercedes C180 (SOLD)
    2012 Nissan Xtrail 2.0 (Weekend Wagon)
    2010 Kia Sedona 2.9Crdi (Written off)

Quote Originally Posted by SAND View Post
    Sorry, but this is an absolute load of nonsense, as are many of the other comments here!
    Please explain what part is nonsense? And what you advise or stand for/what is your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by redondo1955 View Post
    My son is nineteen and is progressing to body building championships. Because of his age and the fact that he has many years to go before reaching full natural development he will not use it.Additionally the long term effects are unknown at this stage. My son trains with the serious clubs takes professional advice not that of the mates who generally mean well but only have half knowledge.
    I dont know you, nor your son, but i know the bodybuilding scene and culture pretty well.

If your son is competing at natural shows, great! But if your son is competing, and being competitive in IFBB/NPC/WBFF shows, well then im sorry, but no-one there is 100% clean. They all use something at some point or in some form. Bodybuilding has become a lot less about the natural athlete and people that do compete naturally stand out from people who dont.

Please dont take this as "your son is using steroids" because like i said, i dont know you nor do i know your son and i have never seen what he looks like so i cant tell you if he does or doesnt. All im saying is in certain federations, id be surprised to see 10% natural athletes and id be surprised if any of that 10% is competitive.

Not all users are abusers. Just like not all BMW drivers forget their indicators and not all Ranger owners want a raptor kit
    A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safeguards, policing, and coercion are fruitless. We find that after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us.
    John Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by Nitebob View Post
    According to Mens Health, men who do weight training live longer and stay mobile longer (think it has to do with bone density)

If the above is true. That documentary must show that roids mess you up. On the other hand, Arnie was there and he looks great for his age, and so does Stallone. Did they juice? Did they stop earlier? Or are they still on it and just phenomenons?
    Did you see Arnie getting back in shape? Stallone as well. They are definitely juicing again.
    But you know what, I dont see as to how it matters. I dont understand how these guys must have lower standard of living just because public opinion looks down on steroids. They are definitely enjoying their life more than my father or uncles.

Its simple, while we bitch and moan about the morals of this, how it will screw you up, there is tons of people out there responsible on the subject having a much better life than we are.

But

using at 17 is not responsible (I guess that has been established, its just a general chat thread now)

Quote Originally Posted by Therackermann View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8292.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	541077
    I personally will stay clear from MK 677 until everything has been investigated. Especially if the kid want to make body building his career one day.

This is from Australia

Ibutamoren

Ibutamoren stimulates the release of growth hormone. However its theoretical benefits of increased bone and muscle mass have not been established in clinical trials. Supplements containing ibutamoren may be marketed as anti-ageing or performance-enhancing.

The long-term safety of ibutamoren has not been established. Its use may increase the risk of heart failure.

Ibutamoren is a Schedule 4 (prescription only) medicine in Australia. It is illegal for supplements containing ibutamoren to be supplied by supplement stores. It is also illegal for consumers to possess these products without a prescription. At present, there are no registered products containing ibutamoren available in Australia for medical use.

Ibutamoren is also known as MK-0677, MK-677 and Nutrobal.

Banned substances in sports supplements - Consumer Information Sheet V1..._.pdf
    Last edited by JCMostert; 2019/09/17 at 08:57 AM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.

That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by JCMostert View Post
    I personally will stay clear from MK 677 until everything has been investigated. Especially if the kid want to make body building his career one day.

This is from Australia

Ibutamoren

Ibutamoren stimulates the release of growth hormone. However its theoretical benefits of increased bone and muscle mass have not been established in clinical trials. Supplements containing ibutamoren may be marketed as anti-ageing or performance-enhancing.

The long-term safety of ibutamoren has not been established. Its use may increase the risk of heart failure.

Ibutamoren is a Schedule 4 (prescription only) medicine in Australia. It is illegal for supplements containing ibutamoren to be supplied by supplement stores. It is also illegal for consumers to possess these products without a prescription. At present, there are no registered products containing ibutamoren available in Australia for medical use.

Ibutamoren is also known as MK-0677, MK-677 and Nutrobal.

Banned substances in sports supplements - Consumer Information Sheet V1..._.pdf
    I was wrong in saying its legal then.
    Apologies

On the consumer info sheet, I see its 2017, was SARMS banned in Australia before then as well, anyone know?
    Whats the law in south africa say?

Quote Originally Posted by Wessel_JHB View Post
    I dont know you, nor your son, but i know the bodybuilding scene and culture pretty well.

If your son is competing at natural shows, great! But if your son is competing, and being competitive in IFBB/NPC/WBFF shows, well then im sorry, but no-one there is 100% clean. They all use something at some point or in some form. Bodybuilding has become a lot less about the natural athlete and people that do compete naturally stand out from people who dont.

Please dont take this as "your son is using steroids" because like i said, i dont know you nor do i know your son and i have never seen what he looks like so i cant tell you if he does or doesnt. All im saying is in certain federations, id be surprised to see 10% natural athletes and id be surprised if any of that 10% is competitive.

Not all users are abusers. Just like not all BMW drivers forget their indicators and not all Ranger owners want a raptor kit
    I appreciate sound advice and I can assure you that my son is not using or abusing substance.The gym where he works out compete at national level and have told my son outright that he should at this stage compete clean skinned so to speak. My son and I talk and discuss this all the time and big brother is also there for him. He is doing body building as well but not at competition level.I also done a lot of body building when I was young and would know if he was using the steroids. He is such a natural and is always accused of drug cheating.He is prepared to run second naturally. Body building actually saved him from mental depression

Thanks for everyone's contributions! Unless one lives with a body builder, it's something that you won't understand. The eating thing is mind-boggling. Someone here mentioned that it requires the budget of a small restaurant, which it certainly does. My 'fear' is that he'll get gatvol of eating chicken and sweet potato so many times a day and give it all up and revert to tjoppies and steaks for the rest of his life, like me

The convincing that it sometimes take for him to eat a normal family meal with us is really comical. But, while I do enjoy to work out with him when I can, this is not my passion. But, I do appreciate his passion and I support it. He keeps a good balance between gym, social, and school and has a healthy relationship with a pretty girl.

He won't do roids. He has already used kriatin but went off it again. I think that he feels that he has reached a ceiling and this MK will help him through that. So, we're in for a tough talk, for which I'll rely on professional advice from our gp.

Currently enjoying my new platkar: Alfa MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde - she's a beauty!
    JKU Rubicon Pentastar
    JKU CRD (sold)
    XJ 4liter (sold )

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeepiscool For This Useful Post:

So, we're in for a tough talk, for which I'll rely on professional advice from our gp.
    I recommend to include discussion about difference between a nut and a raisin and add something about bees and flowers

Problem with many people is that they listen their friends/here say and not professionals on the field.

I used to rent rooms to German students. I said to them bring winter clothes. They come only with summer clothes because we are in Africa and their mate said that it is hot. The first morning car window was covered by solid ice. I have seen the same many times over with other issues.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

The convincing that it sometimes take for him to eat a normal family meal with us is really comical. .
    What I find comical is how families, and sometimes even kids in one household differ. My eldest (19 in October) will eat fruit like mad. Mom will get home and make steak and he'll say: No thanks mom, I had some grapes just now. Second oldest does boxing evenings and cannot eat afterwards, so will use a container and refrigerate her dinner for lunch tomorrow. The youngest is currently eating that small restaurants budget. We had (as an example) breakfast at Mug and Bean at about 10h15 on Sunday. Less than an hour and a half later he had eaten 8 plates of sushi...he does Judo by the way, but twice a week, not really a lifestyle or competitive.
    1996 Discovery 1 (SOLD)
    2009 Corsa Utility 1.7Dti (Everyday drive)
    2001 Mercedes C180 (SOLD)
    2012 Nissan Xtrail 2.0 (Weekend Wagon)
    2010 Kia Sedona 2.9Crdi (Written off)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nitebob For This Useful Post:

Thanks for everyone's contributions! Unless one lives with a body builder, it's something that you won't understand. The eating thing is mind-boggling. Someone here mentioned that it requires the budget of a small restaurant, which it certainly does. My 'fear' is that he'll get gatvol of eating chicken and sweet potato so many times a day and give it all up and revert to tjoppies and steaks for the rest of his life, like me

The convincing that it sometimes take for him to eat a normal family meal with us is really comical. But, while I do enjoy to work out with him when I can, this is not my passion. But, I do appreciate his passion and I support it. He keeps a good balance between gym, social, and school and has a healthy relationship with a pretty girl.

He won't do roids. He has already used kriatin but went off it again. I think that he feels that he has reached a ceiling and this MK will help him through that. So, we're in for a tough talk, for which I'll rely on professional advice from our gp.

Apologies for commenting to much

Why does he not take creatine?

There is levels of supplementation with vitamins at the bottom and steroids at the top, MK677 is pretty high and creatine is very low, probably the first thing after protein and fancy carbs (glutamine and BCAA's is actually useless if not taken when fasted).
    He really shouldnt even consider this if not doing the basics. And chances are the effect of creatine will be bigger than what he can get from this, at a 5th of the price and just about zero side effects.

I think he said the creatin invigorates his skin, brings on acne

Currently enjoying my new platkar: Alfa MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde - she's a beauty!
    JKU Rubicon Pentastar
    JKU CRD (sold)
    XJ 4liter (sold )

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeepiscool For This Useful Post:

You're on a sensible path here, well done. However, you might find dad's words might not have the desired impact on a hardheaded seventeen year old. I have been there and it got me thinking about a bodybuilder who decided to give the Cape Epic a go and got caught for doping. He was a backmarker and not even a contender but he got caught and banned for life, below is the link on how the cycling community reacted to him, it is not pretty but it might help your discussion.

Good luck.

https://www.bikehub.co.za/topic/1259...ke-stage-race/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing1 View Post
    There was a documentary on Netflix about a mr Olympia who is now completely stuffed up he walks with crutches nd is in constant pain
    to be perfectly honest, that is probably nothing to do with steroids and more to do with piss poor lifting techniques over a very long period, or else a lifting accident

the lower lumbar region isn't the strongest area of your spine..........
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jelo For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7