My son's gym supplement MK 677 - Page 5

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PieterOos For This Useful Post:

Default Re: My son's gym supplement MK 677

Quote Originally Posted by Ian.McM View Post
    No, but I am not the one making averments, you are.

The fact that being overweight is accepted as being unhealthy does not invalidate the comments suggesting that what may be regarded as excessive use of steriods (and I exclude short term use under strict medical supervision) might be harmful to OP's son.
    MK 677 isnt a steroid.

no one said roids are healthy, I am trying to bring context back to statements made all over.

Quote Originally Posted by peter bee View Post
    my one son in laws is a biokineticist, you would be shocked to see what is going on out there,

you can't put junk food and roids in the same category, some kids are injecting horse roids, fish oils into their arms all sorts of crazy crap, but each to his owne. what i call healthy food my kids call junk food, depends on what you like and want out of life,
    Again, because you know about the worst out there, dont bash the whole industry, even throwing normal supplements in there as well.

If you are stupid enough to inject fish oil I call it natural selection, you will sort yourself out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by m0lt3n View Post
    MK 677 isnt a steroid.

no one said roids are healthy, I am trying to bring context back to statements made all over.
    Well, thanks for that clarification. I would never have known.

2015 Suzuki Grand Vitara Summit M/T

wrt generalizations going on in this thread let me share something, the same thing....

On a well known boererate facebook group the admin does not allow advice to go on the tim noakes diet.
    I sent her a private message and asked why, she replied that a close friend died after a heart attack shortly after going on this diet, therefore she wont allow crap and dangerous advice like that.

A lot of people here making the same conclusions

7. The Following User Says Thank You to m0lt3n For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bfreesani View Post
    Very good point. There are tests that are run by professionals, and a proper eating plan can be set up for the individual. The tests can reveal shortages in your system that would "inhibit" growth.

Very important, and then you have no idea who and what he could be getting involved with.

My son is in the industry, bodybuilds, and right now 2 weeks out from his next comp. He tells me that at seventeen, your son's growth and testosterone levels should already be through the roof. Diet is very important, he has a group that coaches him called Elite EHP. It costs a bit to have them help you every month, my son tells me they are great and help in all the way. Give me a shout if you need information.

My son's results.
    Hey thats coincidental! Im also part of EHP. Been there for a while now. Is he doing Mulisha?
    A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safeguards, policing, and coercion are fruitless. We find that after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us.
    John Steinbeck

Last edited by PieterOos; 2019/09/16 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PieterOos View Post
    I'm with this guy:

"MK 677 has been used for quite a few years now as has hgh. The results on hgh are mixed, and tend to be troubling. On the contrary we have not seen similar reports on mk 677 probably because it is not exogenous but instead encourages the body to produce more of its own. Until I see studies and reports, not just an anecdote here and there, showing the bad results predicted, then its just another theory. I don't mean that its nothing to watch for and consider but I need evidence rather than conjecture. So far the evidence that has come along does not support the stress and dementia spoken of. In fact it seems to help with sleep, not what you would get if stress levels were elevated."
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Quote Originally Posted by Wessel_JHB View Post
    Hey thats coincidental! Im also part of EHP. Been there for a while now. Is he doing Mulisha?
    I am not sure what he is doing and getting up to. Lol, my biggest interest is the grandson he brought into our family just a few months back. I'll ask him.
    David/Hillbilly - 1997 SFA Nissan Sani 2,7 TD - 5" lift on 33" tires - Dual Transfer with 4.1 gears

http://www.youtube.com/user/davidabcab

Again, because you know about the worst out there, dont bash the whole industry, even throwing normal supplements in there as well.

If you are stupid enough to inject fish oil I call it natural selection, you will sort yourself out soon enough.
    I think the big issue here seems to be that most of the comments are made out of a knowledge database made up of social media and hearsay.
    Nothing you say will get people to understand some things.

1 - Sarms are not steroids and MK677 is a SARM.
    2 - We all use steroids in some form or another when the doc prescribes it (Think creams)
    3 - A better word for steroids is PEDS(Performance enhancing drugs)
    4 - GH/IGF1 is not a magic bullet, it on its own if not pharma grade is next to impossible to get results from. R3800 per 100 iu and at 4 iu a day its not feasible.
    5 - We bulk up because it is near impossible to grow new muscle on maintenance calories and even if you think you are in surplus calories, you probably are in a deficit.
    6 - It is very hard for most people to have a look at a tub of protein shake/bcaa's/Aminos/creatine/mass gainer at R1500 per month yet the guy spending R350/10ml test for 12 weeks is seeing better results. When does your "Hey, i can get those muscles for cheaper" kick in.
    7 - Most of the advice out there in the gyms are ludicrous. They are dangerous and unhealthy and should never be taken as law. Google Google Google, and not youtube videos, Google studies.
    8 - You can die from 1 bottle of alcohol at 17, but i have yet to hear from anyone having an OD on a steroid. Im not saying its not unhealthy, all im saying is that its probably not as poisonous as the stuff most people know and let their kids do.

If i where you and i could afford it, i would sign him up to a coach, and not a gym trainer, a proper coach and get him to help. If i could not afford it i would sit and help him to work out a proper diet and workout plan according to his goals. Bodybuilding.com/T-nation/Google.

Also if you need help you can always pop me a PM. I can help with adivice on diets and workout plans. Im no Pro but ive been at it for a while.
    Last edited by Dirk; 2019/09/16 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Removed brand name
    A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safeguards, policing, and coercion are fruitless. We find that after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us.
    John Steinbeck

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wessel_JHB For This Useful Post:

We've all one off the path here .... this thread is not about roids, hormones or mcdonalds .... but whether a 17 year old should use an enhancer ..... my answer is no. Coach and diet. At 17 you're just way too young .... IMHO ( I think he wants to play catch up to his other hulk like friends) - we've all been 17, and you don't think straight ... you still need guidance from your parents.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morne - Skip For This Useful Post:

He said he is doing Mulisha.
    David/Hillbilly - 1997 SFA Nissan Sani 2,7 TD - 5" lift on 33" tires - Dual Transfer with 4.1 gears

http://www.youtube.com/user/davidabcab

8 - You can die from 1 bottle of alcohol at 17, but i have yet to hear from anyone having an OD on a steroid. Im not saying its not unhealthy, all im saying is that its probably not as poisonous as the stuff most people know and let their kids do..

Thought I would drop another bit of useless info...

Dont know in what year, it was mentioned in one of the steroid documentaries...there was more cases of multivitamin overdose than there was of steroid abuse at the American hospital casualty units.

wrt generalizations going on in this thread let me share something, the same thing....

On a well known boererate facebook group the admin does not allow advice to go on the tim noakes diet.
    I sent her a private message and asked why, she replied that a close friend died after a heart attack shortly after going on this diet, therefore she wont allow crap and dangerous advice like that.

A lot of people here making the same conclusions
    That is almost like saying marriage is the number one cause of divorce...

The same with saying being overweight is unhealthy and dangerous. My brother is 53 weighs in at 140kg, smokes, has 3 whisky's a night, has high cholestrol and has never had any major health issues (apart from a shoulder replacement)....Chester passed away last week...nuff said
    1996 Discovery 1 (SOLD)
    2009 Corsa Utility 1.7Dti (Everyday drive)
    2001 Mercedes C180 (SOLD)
    2012 Nissan Xtrail 2.0 (Weekend Wagon)
    2010 Kia Sedona 2.9Crdi (Written off)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Nitebob For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nitebob View Post
    ....Chester passed away last week...nuff said
    and I think it is common anecdotal knowledge that the entire 1995 team was using something or other, and as far as I know, dope testing was only initiated by RU in the early 2000s
    Percivamus

I have also looked into supplements a bit and found that most are just hype and pushing sales... At his age, he doesn't need supplements. If he lifts heavy and eats enough to sustain his gains, he will be good. Diet is the most important part of muscle gains, as most of the "gains" happens after you train.

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    and I think it is common anecdotal knowledge that the entire 1995 team was using something or other, and as far as I know, dope testing was only initiated by RU in the early 2000s
    If that is true, then they had one hell of a way hiding it, cause they weren't as buff as today's players.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Morne - Skip For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Morne - Skip View Post
    If that is true, then they had one hell of a way hiding it, cause they weren't as buff as today's players.
    They had less than a year to prepare............and they won the cup.............and several of them have died under strange circumstances.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3272141/
    Percivamus

i did not read all the posts, but i am also not bashing any brand or any form of taking anything, i am just saying, kids all start off with good intentions, then some don't have the time or patience, and can end up taking short cuts and doing crazy stuff. the i think four time world crossfit champion, when asked about what he takes, said don't follow me, i eat about six bottles of peanut butter every day. so each to whatever suites them. just watch out what you kid is taking is what i am trying to get across. this is and can be very addictive and dangerous,i have see it at gym, the personal trainer is huge , and the kids get stuff from them. so just keep a open mind and a eye on what's going on. that's all i have to say, don't want to get into a huge debate about the good and bad. there are good and bad things out there.
    2010 d4 v8 hse hers
    2018 D/C CRUISER V8

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peter bee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bfreesani View Post
    He said he is doing Mulisha.
    Ah okay cool! Good luck to him! Its almost peak weak! Its a hard time from 10 days out! I wont be there this year but its a good show! Lots of athletes in great condition!
    John Steinbeck

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast