R350 000.00 What would you buy? - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Default Re: R350 000.00 What would you buy?

Dear Raider 4x4

I have a beautiful 2012 Prado VX Petrol ( Pearl White ) with 148,000km with Front Runner Roof Rack, Dual Battery system, Nudge Bar full service history, and 2 brand new spare wheels (BF Goodrich A/t) in great condition. That's what you can get for R350k

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PradoMark For This Useful Post:

Raider 4x4
    I am advertising, for a friend of mine, a 2013 Amarok on the classifieds with little kiplos and excellent condition. Only snag, not automatic. You can contact me should you be interested, and if you have not bought yet. I did not read all the post's. Rudy

3.2 Pajero LWB! beste kar vir daai geld. jy gaan n 2012/13 kry met min km op

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bostokkelos For This Useful Post:

Ford Ranger - comfortable, great engine. Good long term buy but unfortunately you will have to buy second-hand.

If you let go on the 4x4 you can have an almost new Everest 2.2 xl auto. How often do you really use the 4x4 and if you have a Triton 4x4 do you really need another?

We bought a new one for my wife and it can do everything I need it to. Take me hunting once a year, tow and launch my boat. Take us on family holidays. Unless you really seak out holiday destinations where you need the ability, you end up paying a lot of money for a feature that you might use. And with babies and small kids you are not likely to do 4x4 trails as a family activity.
    Nissan Navara d23 (Leatherman)
    Jeep Cherokee 3.2 (Swamboís sportscar/ mommy taxi)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaan Pot View Post
    That is uncalled for. You don't even know his wife. Not all woman are made the same. We all know how hard the ride is in Toyota and the hard ride and bouncy suspension (that only Toyota can manage to get wrong) is even noticed by the most casual observer.

Anycase seeing that it has already been mentioned a second hand Amarok is definitely the one to go for. Even a second hand Touareg would be absolutely perfect. Nothing else will even come close I promise you

Tiaan you are 100 percent right Amarok or Treg they drive like Limmo.
    she wont regret after test driving both

Smegas auto Diepkloof

Quote Originally Posted by Africa_Trekker View Post
    Definitely, absolutely, unequivocally, and without a doubt...NOT!

I was the very happy owner of a 2011 LWB 2.0Tdi Kombi as well as a 2006 2.0Tdi Touran (had the 2.0Tdi Golf before) which I happily imported from SA for 16.5% of their value. I too had plans to drive them till the wheels came off.

Sadly after just 2,5years VW had managed to not only make more than N$200,000 out of me in services and breakdowns directly due to their poor workmanship. (Broken timing belt pully stud just 200kms after the service. Entire top half of the engine had to be replaced. Not to mention a broken fan belt just 2000kms after being replaced which broke the water pump and power steering pump) but they lied to me and I caught them red handed in their lies multiple times.

In a matter of 2 weeks I sold both my VWs and will never own one again as long as I live in Namibia. I still like a VW but VW Namibia are sharks and liars.
    Sounds like you went with Autohaus?
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    1983 FJ60 Landcruiser

I went through the same exercise recently after I had some mechanical issues with a popular brand diesel D/C bakkie in Botswana. I wanted something that had more dealerships and spared availability in neighbouring countries. Let us leave it here as I don't want to do brand bashing. I had a similar budget and considered the following vehicles:
    1. Toyota Prado 4.0 V6.
    2. Toyota FJ Cruiser 4.0 V6.
    3. Nissan Patrol 4.8.
    4. Nissan Patrol 3.0 TD.
    5. Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 DiD.
    6. Fortuner (petrol or diesel).
    7. Toyota Land Cruiser 76.

I wanted to go with an SUV as this is also my daily drive and the bakkie was a bit of a pain to maneuver in tight parking spots and I was not using the functionality that often. I had to find a vehicle before my next planned trip in June 2019 (this was during April 2019). I have a 2 year old son and there is another boy on the way.

Here are my comments on the vehicles:

1. Toyota Prado 4.0 V6. Good option. Great space and vehicle. Although the available models had a higher mileage.
    2. Toyota FJ Cruiser 4.0 V6. I always wanted one. Concern was regarding the practicality and the suicide doors. Could get a 2013 model with OEM extended fuel tank and crawl control for Fortuner prices!
    3. Nissan Patrol 4.8. Great vehicle but the fuel consumption is hectic considering that this was a daily drive.
    4. Nissan Patrol 3.0 TD. Was concerned about the engine "hand grenade" issue with older models. Could not find a suitable vehicle in the time-frame that I had available.
    5. Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 DiD. Models that I test drove had rattles and squeaks. Was concerned about the cost of servicing.
    6. Fortuner (petrol or diesel). Practical vehicle but just couldn't see myself driving one.
    7. Toyota Land Cruiser 76. Could not find a model that ticked all the boxes in my price range. Was also concerned about the oil change and service intervals.

I ended up getting a 2013 FJ Cruiser. I have not regretted it. Comfortable on the road. Great off-road. Refined engine and plenty of power and torque. It actually works well for me for the toddler as it is easy to unload him from the baby seat using the suicide doors. The suicide windows are also not that bad for him as there is less of a chance of the sun shining in his face (toddlers don't seem to like that!). Obviously the space in the boot is not that great compared to a bakkie but not that bad either. We have a roof rack for longer trips and I plan on getting a small lightweight off-road trailer. I have traveled in the FJ with 2 adults and the toddler in the back. They said that the space is fine and the visibility is not that bad. Getting in and out is a bit problematic as the FJ is lifted. It is not a car for 4 adults! I will probably keep the FJ and get a Prado later.

The FJ is just such a great car and puts a smile on my face everyday! Fuel consumption is about 7.5 km/l in town (roof rack removed) and also the same on the open road, fully loaded with roof rack. The FJ is stock apart from the suspension lift.
    Chris

Current - 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser with some extras
    Ex - 2015 Ford Ranger XL Plus 4x4 D/C P/U RSI Canopy
    Ex - 2014 Suzuki Jimny - Amada Xtreme 40mm suspension upgrade and Eezi-awn k9 roofrack (sold )

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ungie For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7