travellers cheques-where to cash

Default travellers cheques-where to cash

I discovered some travellers cheques from a previous trip I did some years ago and phoned the bank to cash them. According to the bank they do not handle or cash cheques anymore. It is Thomas Cook Mastercard cheques. Any idea where I can cash them in the Pretoria Centurion Midrand area. Have travellers cheques gone out of circulation completely?

Default Re: travellers cheques-where to cash

Kobus, I havent seen one of those in years. Have you tried Thomas Cook themselves? Are they still in business even?
    There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range

Discovery and Range Rovers: SOLD: enough is enough

Quote Originally Posted by Kobus P Venter View Post
    I discovered some travellers cheques from a previous trip I did some years ago and phoned the bank to cash them. According to the bank they do not handle or cash cheques anymore. It is Thomas Cook Mastercard cheques. Any idea where I can cash them in the Pretoria Centurion Midrand area. Have travellers cheques gone out of circulation completely?
    Your best option is Bidvest. Give them a call, they took over Thomas Cook years back.

Legally speaking, you were supposed to exchange it back after your return from your trip.

But, I suppose the bank where you bought them should honor it and exchange it. Do you still have proof of purchase?

Bostoe
    Last edited by bostoe; 2019/09/13 at 01:19 PM.

I also have a couple of hundred US$ in cheques......never thought it will "expire"