Ballito fishing

Thread: Ballito fishing

Default Ballito fishing

Hi guys,

Im going to Ballito end of the month. Any pointers for fishing that side? What lures should i try?

Chris
    Don't blow it, this is the only planet with beer!
    HYADES

Default Re: Ballito fishing

Just subscribing here. Going next to Ballito (Salt Rock) in 10 days' time, so I also just want to know. Will probably try to fish the dead Shaka's Rock a bit, as that's pretty much all I have lus for these days.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Toxxyc For This Useful Post:

Christmas Bay out Sheffield way is good. Nice deep water off the rocks and you can hook some Kingies there. I have heard that parking can be a problem early morning and evening - some reports of break ins.

Gents, just visit the local angling shops when you arrive. (Kingfisher - at the Circle next to Everfresh, or Basil Manning, just Google). The guys working there are helpful and will know what is cooking. No use being in the dark and wasting valuable hours.

Fishing has been ok lately, you may get lucky.

Just be careful where you park your vehicle!

2 years ago 2 vehicles were stolen @ The Boulders...... Break inns are a serious problem!

I you can walk from your flat - rather do so!

I was there in July, by shaka's rock, tried fishing from the beach with a small cheapie rod and reel that I bought there. I was told prawn works well, and true as bob I did manage to catch a fish, though the currents did keep on taking my line into the rocks.

Sheffield might not be safe for parking during week days, and on weekends you need to be very early to get parking.

There are also a lot of fishing action happening on your way to umhlanga, I have seen people stop on the side of the road to catch by Tongati river.

If you are not familiar with Balitto, I would suggest speaking to the local bait and tackle shops, they will be able to assist with your needs.
    2011 Freelander 2 SE
    Swambo : 2012 BMW 530d Msport("the beast")

Quote Originally Posted by lizardalpha View Post
    I was there in July, by shaka's rock, tried fishing from the beach with a small cheapie rod and reel that I bought there. I was told prawn works well, and true as bob I did manage to catch a fish, though the currents did keep on taking my line into the rocks.

Sheffield might not be safe for parking during week days, and on weekends you need to be very early to get parking.

There are also a lot of fishing action happening on your way to umhlanga, I have seen people stop on the side of the road to catch by Tongati river.

If you are not familiar with Balitto, I would suggest speaking to the local bait and tackle shops, they will be able to assist with your needs.
    So you fished from Thompsons Bay... The left or right side of the bay, in other words, at the "fishing spot" or more to the swimming beach's location?

Just make VERY sure you choose the right operator if you want to go deep sea fishing....I had a TERRIBLE experience with my 2 boys a while back.
    Of COURSE I have a Bad Habit. I take Tea at Three (Mick Jagger)

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    So you fished from Thompsons Bay... The left or right side of the bay, in other words, at the "fishing spot" or more to the swimming beach's location?
    When facing the ocean, in between the rocks just left of the Tidal Pool. We stayed in La Flamenco, so it was a quick walk from the flat.

I have never actually truly fished from the beach, so I am a complete novice and just took a chance.
    2011 Freelander 2 SE
    Swambo : 2012 BMW 530d Msport("the beast")

Quote Originally Posted by Petri Oosthuizen View Post
    Just make VERY sure you choose the right operator if you want to go deep sea fishing....I had a TERRIBLE experience with my 2 boys a while back.
    Best outfit in Ballito is "Dirty Harry".

Hope it wasn't them......

Quote Originally Posted by lizardalpha View Post
    When facing the ocean, in between the rocks just left of the Tidal Pool. We stayed in La Flamenco, so it was a quick walk from the flat.

I have never actually truly fished from the beach, so I am a complete novice and just took a chance.
    OK wicked, thanks. I've snorkled there plenty of times, so I know the water and how the structure looks. Plenty of fish to be seen when snorkeling, but all quite small, not really something I would consider to take home for the pan. Will give it a shot.