A Toast - Page 75

Page 75 of 83 FirstFirst ... 25 50 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1652

Thread: A Toast

Default Re: A Toast

So goed, jy het n maand verloor..,
    Vrywaring: Niks wat ek hier kwyt raak moet hoegenaamd as feite beskou word nie.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reenen For This Useful Post:

Hahahahaaa...

Good morning All

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoddieJ For This Useful Post:

Have great weekend everyone! Thanks Sean you just inspired me not to work this weekend and do something fun. Maybe go drive the Geotrail and take the drone out?

I ordered some pizza pans for the braai but only getting it next week, so at least I have something to look forward to. Funny how small things excite you as you get older?

Lekker weekend to all you lekker people on this thread, stay safe!
    20 Ranger Supercab 2.2 auto XLS 4x4
    18 Ranger Double cab Tdci (Swambo)
    12 Conqueror courage

17 Ranger Supercab Tdci (Sold)
    97 Defender 90 CSW 2.8i (Sold)
    04 Defender 110 d/c p/u Td5 (Sold)
    04 Discovery 2 Td5 GS auto (Sold)
    97 Defender HCPU Tdi (Sold)
    99 Discovery 2 TD5 GS (Sold)

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LandyLove For This Useful Post:

N vinnige jag vanoggend.
    More n droe kloof gaan soek om in te braai.
    En dalk die winches te toets

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Reenen For This Useful Post:

My Dad, very wise man, always says “ make sure you have something to look forward to, else you get trapped in your own spiral and just reset every morning”. OK, he is Afrikaans and I translated, but you get the gist!!

Find something to look forward to. When we were younger, it was normally sport on the weekends, playing. I still remember how the butterflies started welling up as Saturday approached! The euphoria of the day, and the absolute exhaustion on a Sunday. I try to replicate that as much as possible in my daily life

Have an awesome weekend! Go do something that creates knots in your stomach
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Land Cruiser 105
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Reenen View Post
    So goed, jy het n maand verloor..,
    Phixed.................... well modified. June was a non-event so maybe we should do it over

I said to RoddieJ, I misplaced a whole decade somewhere along the line, I think it was in the 90s

Cheers guys

Indeed, give yourself something to look forward to. But dont over do it or it can become stale itself.
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

Hummer H3 V8

W.A.P Objectivist

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:

Morning everyone,

The idea of a "treat" or reward is great as a motivator.

I also miss the knot in stomach feeling since I sold the race bikes, nothing focused the mind like being on a track.

You had to focus on what you were doing, to the exclusion of everything else, otherwise you were likely to slide off in a shower of expensive sparks.

At the end of the day, you were exhausted, but ecstatic, and the funny part is that, since you had cleared your mind of everything else, you often had solutions to other problems that the subconscious mind had analyzed and figured out while your consciousness was elsewhere.

Have a wonderful weekend all, I am going to be browsing for a track toy again, even though I am old, fat and slow, and nowhere near as fast as I thought I was!
    Errol Cornelius

Citroen C5
    Touareg V8
    Audi A6 3.0 Avant

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zx14 For This Useful Post:

Name:  IMG_1672.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  186.7 KB

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reenen For This Useful Post:

4 narre het bakkie gery

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Reenen For This Useful Post:

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo od Saturday Morning

Another week has ended and again on a positive and exciting note. New things await and I have noticed an increase in an area of my business interests, which I deem to be positive. Not ground shaking but an upward movement, steady but positive. Its an economic indicator but I think it could be at the expense of competitor market share. I guess if you have the right product at the right time, you are flexible and agile and are cost competitive, now is a good time.

Some times being a small player is good, quicker to turn the ship if you need to, and head in the direction with the wind behind you while the others are still trying to tack. You need to have the right sails ready, the right crew manning the sheets, the right navigator with correct and detailed charts and a skipper who can fine tune the ship to small and large changes in the weather. Its about preparation and having sufficient stores on board and being willing to safe harbour the boat when need be, or reef the sails and put out a sea anchor to keep the bow to the weather while you batten down the hatches, because storms dont last forever.

Thats life too.

Have a great day. Better still, get out there and make it greaterer.

Cheers

Hummer H3 V8

W.A.P Objectivist

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by zx14 View Post
    ........ even though I am old, fat and slow, and nowhere near as fast as I thought I was!
    Who cares, as long as it's lekker!

I am going to do some work on the Ranger today in preperation for our Kgalagadi trip. Just the idea of the trip will recharge the batteries a bit.

Have a good weekend guys, filled with LEKKER thoughts and activities.
    12 Conqueror courage

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LandyLove For This Useful Post:

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooood Morning

Yesterday, I was in a car park awaiting a delivery when I noticed a young mom, possibly in her early to mid thirties. She had a youngster with her,maybe 10-ish. They were on a motor bike, quite a large one. Both were wearing bike jackets, the touring type and the youngster had a chest and back protector on. I could only see her from mid thigh up as there was a car bonnet obscuring the bike and her. They walked towards an atm and it was only when they crossed the drive that I noticed she had two prosthetic legs. It was a normal day for her and him, draw some money and do some shopping. I am sure there is an interesting back-story there but whatever that is, here she was going about normally doing normal things.

Who knows except her, what challenges and demons she has to deal with. Some of the normal things must be so more difficult for her yet here she is, doing normal.

How we take normal for granted.

It is a great day, make it greaterer, dont take it for granted.

Cheers

Hummer H3 V8

W.A.P Objectivist

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:

Morning All,

As part of "normal" we often feel ourselves to be invulnerable.

Only when something changes, as in Sean's example of the lady biker with two prosthetic legs, does one realize that our normal and invulnerability may be fleeting, and we may be forced to deal with changes that create a new normal for us.

How we accept and handle those changes stems from our inherent positivity and fortitude, and how we view each new day.

Make today greaterer for yourself and all around you.
    Errol Cornelius

Citroen C5
    Touareg V8
    Audi A6 3.0 Avant

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zx14 For This Useful Post:

Morning all! Great Sunday morning!

Best day of the week.

How today goes influences the rest of your week!

Such a challenging time to live but also such a time to make a difference.

Cheers!
    Dashfibre: , Get Connected! If your complex wants fibre please contact us.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mal Hannes For This Useful Post:

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooood Morning

A new week again. It always seems like I typed that sentence yesterday. The first week of July has gone. I find myself mentally resetting at the beginning of a new month. The past months dont count, they are done and dusted. Of course there are always some carry-overs, things that werent completed and still have to be completed. These I always view as entering a new phase so I try and focus on that, to inject new focus and vigor. It also helps me to relook at problematic issues with a new set of eyes.

I give myself a performance review in the first week of each month. Not just from a work perspective, but also on interactions I have on a personal level. You cant get away from the fact that some people you just wont get along with so best leave that at that. But other relationships and interactions, how did I do in them? I then make a specific effort to rectify anything I think could do with some improvement. I often say to people that I am a cnut, but I am a better cnut than I was last year This is where this stems from, some self reflection and analysis doesnt do any harm if you can accept that you didnt perform well and make an effort to improve it.

But! Dont dwell on the parts you know you didnt do well in. Think about them, draw what you need to from them, and begin a new phase armed with that insight.

Its a great day for looking at things differently, now make it even greaterer

Cheers

Hummer H3 V8

W.A.P Objectivist

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:

Morning fellow forumites.

Thank you for the inspiration once again Sean. I am struggling to keep focussed lately. Stress and uncertainty is a bit overwhelming at the moment. Need to put on my big boy pants and crack on!

Have a lekker week everyone, lets make it even better than last week.
    12 Conqueror courage

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LandyLove For This Useful Post:

Morning.

A new week, new opportunities loom for all.

Even when you encounter a setback, power through and make the absolute most of whatever life throws at you.

You have a finite number of heartbeats, so make them all count.

Enjoy a great week all.
    Errol Cornelius

Citroen C5
    Touareg V8
    Audi A6 3.0 Avant

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zx14 For This Useful Post:

There's always an opportunity with crisis. Just as it forces an individual to look inside himself, it forces a company to reexamine its policies and practices." Judy Smith

"Never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before." Rahm Emanuel

"In prehistoric times, mankind often had only two choices in crisis situations: fight or flee. In modern times, humor offers us a third alternative; fight, flee - or laugh." Robert Orben

If you are facing crisis like many are today have a laugh you will feel better and then be able to pick up again.
    Dashfibre: , Get Connected! If your complex wants fibre please contact us.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mal Hannes For This Useful Post:

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooood Morning

So the First Wife has been sharing my office since LD1. This has allowed me to fully understand what it is that she does. Of course I know what her profession is and I know how it works but what I didnt know, is what she actually does. It turns out that its about 70% project management, 20% profession and 10% nurse maid. It also turns out that she is bloody good at what she does. I am starting to think that her knowledge and experience is wasted doing what she does and that she should come and work with me

I have also learned that there are a lot of companies out there earning lots of money despite themselves. I see that sometimes in my trade, the difference though is she spends about 70% of her time getting her clients ready so that she can do what she is paid to do. I have also learned that she has a very good sense of humour. She needs it. She saves 2 to 3 hours a day in traffic, which is time now spent with us. We also have lunch together everyday, soaking up the sun. She blames me for her increase in weight from 47kgs to 50kgs

In one respect, I wouldnt know these things or have the pleasure of spending more time with her if it wasnt for C19. It has taught us both quite a bit and even if things were to return to normal, I think the current status quo could remain.

The old saying about dark clouds having a silver lining can be true, one just needs to look.

Its going to be another great day. We can make it even greaterer.

Cheers

Hummer H3 V8

W.A.P Objectivist

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:

Morning all

I’ve been reading this thread every morning and I get a lot of inspiration from it, but most of the time I did not apply the knowledge shared.

Today it will change!
    Hermie

Turning Vegan would be a big missed steak!!

Jurgens XT 140

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeepNewbe For This Useful Post:

Page 75 of 83 FirstFirst ... 25 50 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 LastLast