Page 162 of 167 FirstFirst ... 62 112 137 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 3333

Thread: A Toast

  1. #3221
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    HONEYDEW
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,172
    Thanked: 3301

    Default Re: A Toast

    Have a great day people.

    I've always seen some things as a way to enhance my time. I've never tried to have things for the sake of having them. The important realization is that you can have the same joy from a R 10 plant that grows and blossoms as you can have from a R 300k 4x4 going up a dune. (Ok Ok I'm trying to convince myself, no just joking.) What I am saying is that you can and must change perspective, well at least I have to.

    You do not need things to enjoy or experience times, although they do help.

    I'm also going through I time of decluttering.

    The greatest declutter is in your mind. I had a very set routine and to have that just ripped away and to find a new routine, a new place to value yourself (because lets be honest most of us find our identity in what we do). Your value is in who you are not what you do. I struggled with this so much in the last 45 days.

    Who am I if most of what I do (or own) is taken away?

    People, to have a chunk of people that you shared laughs and struggles with for the last 5 years just be gone, nobody loves you after you retrench them.

    Value the people in your life for who they are not for what they do for you or you do for them.
    In my dreams! Amarok v6 and FJ.
    Reality! Uber.

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mal Hannes For This Useful Post:


  3. #3222
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,927
    Thanked: 29701

    Default Re: A Toast

    15.09.2021

    Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ood Morning

    Its midweek again. Precious Time flies. Make each minute greaterer than the last. We measure our time in years, but also minutes count.

    Have a great day

    Cheers
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    Hummer H3 V8

    #itsnotaboutME

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:


  5. #3223
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,805
    Thanked: 8796

    Default Re: A Toast

    A poem about:

    Coping, moderation and acceptance of life:

    'if' by rudyard kipling

    If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
    Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
    And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

    If you can dream - and not make dreams your master,
    If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:


    If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

    If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch,
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
    _______________________________________
    Andrew van Staden
    FJ - 2 Batteries, a tow bar, OME, Adventurers, and a drawer
    Ex:
    Ranger 3.2, LC 76 V8, Navara 2.5, NP300, Patrol 4.8, Everest 3.0, Jimny 1.3, Defender 110 SW Puma

  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hedgehog For This Useful Post:


  7. #3224
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    HONEYDEW
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,172
    Thanked: 3301

    Default Re: A Toast

    Such an old one Hedge but still so powerful.
    In my dreams! Amarok v6 and FJ.
    Reality! Uber.

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mal Hannes For This Useful Post:


  9. #3225
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,927
    Thanked: 29701

    Default Re: A Toast

    16.09.2021

    Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooood Morning

    To Life, Love and Living

    Cheers
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    Hummer H3 V8

    #itsnotaboutME

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:


  11. #3226
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,927
    Thanked: 29701

    Default Re: A Toast

    17.09.2021

    Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooood Morning


    Another week draws to a close once again

    Have a greaterer Friyay guys

    Cheers
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    Hummer H3 V8

    #itsnotaboutME

  12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:


  13. #3227
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,805
    Thanked: 8796

    Default A Toast

    Todays Toasted Friday Lyric is in remembrance of all those people in our pasts...

    All those people that made us who we are, those who played major roles in our lives but are lost to the past.
    Some are still about, but away, and some are gone for good..
    Here is to those who made us smile more, made us think more, made us love more, and those that made our days, more..

    Here's to a bluesy Friday!! Cheers!!!

    To past loves, past mentors and past friends:

    https://youtu.be/iENabrrLSp0

    I miss you so much, I can't stand it
    Seems like my heart, is breaking in two
    My head says no but my soul demands it
    Everything I do, reminds me of you

    I miss you so much, in this house full of shadows
    While the rain keeps pouring down, my window too
    When will the pain, recede to the darkness
    From whence it has come, and I'm feeling so blue

    Ain't goin'down, no more to the well
    Sometimes it feels like, I'm going to hell
    Sometimes I'm knocking, on your front door
    But I don't have nothing, to sell no more

    Seems like the spirit, is pushing me onwards
    I'm able to see, where I tripped and went wrong
    I'll just have to guess, where my soul will find comfort
    And I miss you so much, when I'm singing my song

    Ain't goin' down, no more to the well
    And sometimes it seems, I'm going to hell
    You'll find me knocking, on your front door
    But I don't have nothing, to sell no more

    Seems like my spirit, is pushing me onwards
    'Till I'm able to see where, I tripped when I went wrong
    I'll just have to guess, where my soul will get comfort
    I miss you so much, when I'm singing my song

    I miss you so much, I can't stand it
    Seems like my heart is breaking in two
    My head says no, but my soul demands it
    And everything I do, reminds me of you
    Everything I do, reminds me of you
    Everything I do, reminds me of you

    - Van Morrison
    Last edited by Hedgehog; 2021/09/17 at 06:40 AM.
    _______________________________________
    Andrew van Staden
    FJ - 2 Batteries, a tow bar, OME, Adventurers, and a drawer
    Ex:
    Ranger 3.2, LC 76 V8, Navara 2.5, NP300, Patrol 4.8, Everest 3.0, Jimny 1.3, Defender 110 SW Puma

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hedgehog For This Useful Post:


  15. #3228
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,927
    Thanked: 29701

    Default Re: A Toast

    18.09.2021

    Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooood Morning

    Make the weekend count, spend it with loved ones and or do something you love doing. The other stuff can wait.

    Make it greaterer

    Cheers to the day
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    Hummer H3 V8

    #itsnotaboutME

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:


  17. #3229
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edenvale
    Age
    62
    Posts
    827
    Thanked: 2924

    Default Re: A Toast

    I'm baaaaaaack!

    Just finished a wonderful week on holiday, mentally and physically refreshed, and, once again, I realize the importance of experiences and memory creation over stuff.

    Debby and I work together, live together, but still, the days in the car game spotting just brings us closer together.

    Have a wonderful weekend all, the potential to make it greaterer is always there.

    Carpe diem.
    Errol Cornelius



    Citroen C5
    Touareg V8
    Audi A6 3.0 Avant

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zx14 For This Useful Post:


  19. #3230
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,927
    Thanked: 29701

    Default Re: A Toast

    19.09.2021

    Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooood Morning


    Acknowledging, facing up to and accepting certain facts is often required to bring peace to oneself. Many things cant be changed or undone. Thats just how the Boerewors bends. Today is always a new day. A day to look at things with new eyes and thoughts. Its a new day for greaterer things.

    Have an awesome day guys

    Cheers
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    Hummer H3 V8

    #itsnotaboutME

  20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:


  21. #3231
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edenvale
    Age
    62
    Posts
    827
    Thanked: 2924

    Default Re: A Toast

    Happy Sunday, all!

    Sheesh, what happened in Gauteng last week?

    I have not seen so much dust in a long while!

    We need rain to re-vitalize our gardens, wash our roofs and gutters and to stimulate Spring growth.

    I can't control the rain, but I can control my attitude, so, in spite of the dust, it is a great day, and I will o my best to make it greaterer.
    Errol Cornelius



    Citroen C5
    Touareg V8
    Audi A6 3.0 Avant

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zx14 For This Useful Post:


  23. #3232
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,927
    Thanked: 29701

    Default Re: A Toast

    20.09.2021

    Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooood Morning

    Apparently its a short week this week.

    Why wait till Friyay to have fun?

    Cheers
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    Hummer H3 V8

    #itsnotaboutME

  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:


  25. #3233
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edenvale
    Age
    62
    Posts
    827
    Thanked: 2924

    Default Re: A Toast

    Cheers!

    A toast drunk in coffee to a new day, a new working week, and the first day of the rest of my life.

    I attempt to face the new day with child like wonder, anticipating great things, and with a renewed desire to explore the world afresh.

    It is already a great day, I will make it greaterer!
    Errol Cornelius



    Citroen C5
    Touareg V8
    Audi A6 3.0 Avant

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zx14 For This Useful Post:


  27. #3234
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,927
    Thanked: 29701

    Default Re: A Toast

    21.09.2021

    Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooood Morning

    Get out there and make things greaterer.

    Cheers
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    Hummer H3 V8

    #itsnotaboutME

  28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:


  29. #3235
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,927
    Thanked: 29701

    Default Re: A Toast

    22.09.2021

    Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooood Morning

    Make each day count, we only have a finite number of these. Fill each hour with learning, questioning, discovery, joy as well as love for those closest to you. That which we think is important and serious might not be. Dont sweat the small stuff. Thats how unslayable giants are born.

    Make today greaterer

    Cheers
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    Hummer H3 V8

    #itsnotaboutME

  30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:


  31. #3236
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edenvale
    Age
    62
    Posts
    827
    Thanked: 2924

    Default Re: A Toast

    Goooood Morning All!

    Wednesday, the hump day of the week.

    I intend to make the run down to the weekend the best three days of the working week.

    it is indeed time to make it greaterer, both for ourselves and our loved ones, so get out there and do it.
    Errol Cornelius



    Citroen C5
    Touareg V8
    Audi A6 3.0 Avant

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zx14 For This Useful Post:


  33. #3237
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,927
    Thanked: 29701

    Default Re: A Toast

    Quote Originally Posted by zx14 View Post
    Goooood Morning All!

    Wednesday, the hump day of the week.

    I intend to make the run down to the weekend the best three days of the working week.

    it is indeed time to make it greaterer, both for ourselves and our loved ones, so get out there and do it.
    You have been soooooo busy, you can have Friyay off

    Your welcome
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    Hummer H3 V8

    #itsnotaboutME

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:


  35. #3238
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Oasis
    Posts
    1,406
    Thanked: 6926

    Default Re: A Toast

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    A poem about:

    Coping, moderation and acceptance of life:

    'if' by rudyard kipling

    If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
    Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
    And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

    If you can dream - and not make dreams your master,
    If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:


    If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

    If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch,
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    Todays Toasted Friday Lyric is in remembrance of all those people in our pasts...

    All those people that made us who we are, those who played major roles in our lives but are lost to the past.
    Some are still about, but away, and some are gone for good..
    Here is to those who made us smile more, made us think more, made us love more, and those that made our days, more..

    Here's to a bluesy Friday!! Cheers!!!

    To past loves, past mentors and past friends:

    https://youtu.be/iENabrrLSp0

    I miss you so much, I can't stand it
    Seems like my heart, is breaking in two
    My head says no but my soul demands it
    Everything I do, reminds me of you

    I miss you so much, in this house full of shadows
    While the rain keeps pouring down, my window too
    When will the pain, recede to the darkness
    From whence it has come, and I'm feeling so blue

    Ain't goin'down, no more to the well
    Sometimes it feels like, I'm going to hell
    Sometimes I'm knocking, on your front door
    But I don't have nothing, to sell no more

    Seems like the spirit, is pushing me onwards
    I'm able to see, where I tripped and went wrong
    I'll just have to guess, where my soul will find comfort
    And I miss you so much, when I'm singing my song

    Ain't goin' down, no more to the well
    And sometimes it seems, I'm going to hell
    You'll find me knocking, on your front door
    But I don't have nothing, to sell no more

    Seems like my spirit, is pushing me onwards
    'Till I'm able to see where, I tripped when I went wrong
    I'll just have to guess, where my soul will get comfort
    I miss you so much, when I'm singing my song

    I miss you so much, I can't stand it
    Seems like my heart is breaking in two
    My head says no, but my soul demands it
    And everything I do, reminds me of you
    Everything I do, reminds me of you
    Everything I do, reminds me of you

    - Van Morrison
    I'm going to miss this^
    Cheers
    Willem Greyling

    "You too need a new signature" - Hedgehog

  36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MANDREAS For This Useful Post:


  37. #3239
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,927
    Thanked: 29701

    Default Re: A Toast

    23.09.2021

    Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooood Morning

    For many, the start of the weekend, for some, it started a few days ago already. Take a break, you earned and deserve it.

    Make it greaterer

    Cheers
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    Hummer H3 V8

    #itsnotaboutME

  38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:


  39. #3240
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edenvale
    Age
    62
    Posts
    827
    Thanked: 2924

    Default Re: A Toast

    Friday on a Thursday!

    Enjoy your long weekend, use the time wisely.

    As Sean says, do not sweat the small stuff, look at what you will have with you on your death bed, and I guarantee that it will be people there, not things.

    Make the most of your time, making memories and pulling those close to you even closer,
    and have a great weekend, it is in your hands to make it greaterer.
    Last edited by zx14; 2021/09/23 at 07:46 AM. Reason: [email protected]&) autocorrect
    Errol Cornelius



    Citroen C5
    Touareg V8
    Audi A6 3.0 Avant

  40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zx14 For This Useful Post:


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •