Page 147 of 154 FirstFirst ... 47 97 122 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 3073

Thread: A Toast

  1. #2921
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,344
    Thanked: 25822

    Default Re: A Toast

    21.06.2021

    Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood Morning

    Love those who love you. And show them in word and deed.

    This is more fulfilling than any of the world's trinkets.

    Have a great day and an awesome week

    Cheers
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    Total 4x4 Novice with no experience whats-so-ever

    ''Nothing makes the Earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes''. H.D. Thoreau.

    Hummer H3 V8

    W.A.P Objectivist

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:


  3. #2922
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    HONEYDEW
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3,009
    Thanked: 2860

    Default Re: A Toast

    Thank you Estee.

    Yes Love always wins!
    Zerubbabel 2 the 2008 4.8 turbo Patrol with some kit
    Nothing, not even a mighty mountain, will stand in Zerubbabel’s way! (Zech 4:7)

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mal Hannes For This Useful Post:


  5. #2923
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,344
    Thanked: 25822

    Default Re: A Toast

    22.06.2021

    Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood Morning

    Acts of Service. This is a term given to one of a number of expressions of love one has for a loved one. Its those things you do for someone else, not because you have to, but because you want to and can.

    Joy and the joy of living and being alive doesnt come from the wallet. It comes from the heart. It comes from giving and not receiving.

    Its going to be another awesome day guys.

    Make it greaterer

    Cheers to the day
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    Total 4x4 Novice with no experience whats-so-ever

    ''Nothing makes the Earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes''. H.D. Thoreau.

    Hummer H3 V8

    W.A.P Objectivist

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:


  7. #2924
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edenvale
    Age
    62
    Posts
    814
    Thanked: 2642

    Default Re: A Toast

    Good Morning!

    A simple little squeeze of a hand, an unexpected hug, a kiss on the head, this sort of thing costs nothing, but gives the loved one constant re assurance of their place in your heart and life.

    The joy of being in love must never be underestimated, or allowed to grow stale through neglect.

    Make today the day that you tell and show those closest to you how you truely feel.
    Errol Cornelius



    Citroen C5
    Touareg V8
    Audi A6 3.0 Avant

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zx14 For This Useful Post:


  9. #2925
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,344
    Thanked: 25822

    Default Re: A Toast

    23.06.2021

    Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood Morning

    Once again, I find myself taking stock of the week and wondering where the time is going. There must be a leak

    Anyhoo, another day to make greaterer

    Dont waste it

    Cheers
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    Total 4x4 Novice with no experience whats-so-ever

    ''Nothing makes the Earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes''. H.D. Thoreau.

    Hummer H3 V8

    W.A.P Objectivist

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:


  11. #2926
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,753
    Thanked: 6239

    Default Re: A Toast

    Cheers!

    Been doing the school run to Elarduspark most mornings since the beginning of the year. Caught all 8 traffic lights green on my way there this morning

    Going to be another great day!
    Pieter le Roux

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Redman For This Useful Post:


  13. #2927
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Pretoria East
    Age
    48
    Posts
    819
    Thanked: 1519

    Default Re: A Toast

    Quote Originally Posted by Redman View Post
    Cheers!

    Been doing the school run to Elarduspark most mornings since the beginning of the year. Caught all 8 traffic lights green on my way there this morning

    Going to be another great day!
    My one colleague would say this is the day you should buy a lottery ticket.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emmie L For This Useful Post:


  15. #2928
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edenvale
    Age
    62
    Posts
    814
    Thanked: 2642

    Default Re: A Toast

    It is a wonderful Wednesday, like every day.

    It is up to me to make a wonderful Wednesday even greaterer.

    I plan on doing this!
    Errol Cornelius



    Citroen C5
    Touareg V8
    Audi A6 3.0 Avant

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zx14 For This Useful Post:


  17. #2929
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,344
    Thanked: 25822

    Default Re: A Toast

    24.06.2021

    Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood Morning

    Trying times. A nation grapples with itself amidst a foreign enemy.

    Flexibility and resilience are the key to enduring these challenges.

    Greater days are still to be had. And one doesnt have to look far for them

    Cheers to the day
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    Total 4x4 Novice with no experience whats-so-ever

    ''Nothing makes the Earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes''. H.D. Thoreau.

    Hummer H3 V8

    W.A.P Objectivist

  18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:


  19. #2930
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edenvale
    Age
    62
    Posts
    814
    Thanked: 2642

    Default Re: A Toast

    Goood Morning!

    It is a new day, brimming with opportunities and challenges, which are but opportunities in a hidden form.

    I am healthy, loved and capable, so I intend to make this day greaterer.

    It is up to you to join me.
    Errol Cornelius



    Citroen C5
    Touareg V8
    Audi A6 3.0 Avant

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zx14 For This Useful Post:


  21. #2931
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,344
    Thanked: 25822

    Default Re: A Toast

    And so the sun sets on a greaterer day




    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210624_173236.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	620377Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210624_173244.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	620378Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210624_173302.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	620379Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210624_173600.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	620380
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    Total 4x4 Novice with no experience whats-so-ever

    ''Nothing makes the Earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes''. H.D. Thoreau.

    Hummer H3 V8

    W.A.P Objectivist

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:


  23. #2932
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    HONEYDEW
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3,009
    Thanked: 2860

    Default Re: A Toast

    Quote Originally Posted by Estee View Post
    And so the sun sets on a greaterer day




    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210624_173236.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	620377Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210624_173244.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	620378Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210624_173302.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	620379Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210624_173600.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	620380
    That looks great but a bit more detail would be appreciated!
    Zerubbabel 2 the 2008 4.8 turbo Patrol with some kit
    Nothing, not even a mighty mountain, will stand in Zerubbabel’s way! (Zech 4:7)

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mal Hannes For This Useful Post:


  25. #2933
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,344
    Thanked: 25822

    Default Re: A Toast

    25.06.2021

    Goooooooooooooooooooooooooood Morning

    Another end to another week.

    Make it a greaterer one

    Cheers
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    Total 4x4 Novice with no experience whats-so-ever

    ''Nothing makes the Earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes''. H.D. Thoreau.

    Hummer H3 V8

    W.A.P Objectivist

  26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:


  27. #2934
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nelspruit
    Age
    40
    Posts
    420
    Thanked: 519

    Default Re: A Toast

    A good morning indeed, and a some what sad one also. Last morning in our Nelspruit home. It was a good home. We had a great time here.

    Eventfull week, and a busy weekend lying ahead. But we will make it a good one!

    Cheers

  28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bassfisher For This Useful Post:


  29. #2935
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hermanus
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,877
    Thanked: 729

    Default Re: A Toast

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassfisher View Post
    A good morning indeed, and a some what sad one also. Last morning in our Nelspruit home. It was a good home. We had a great time here.

    Eventfull week, and a busy weekend lying ahead. But we will make it a good one!

    Cheers
    Strong for the last week or so before flying of to Australia.
    Live life to the fullest....no matter what!

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daniek For This Useful Post:


  31. #2936
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,344
    Thanked: 25822

    Default Re: A Toast

    26.06.2021

    Goooooooooooooooooooooood Morning


    And another greaterer day it will be

    Cheers



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210626_051400.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	620530Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210626_060510.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	620531Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210626_061718.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	620532
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    Total 4x4 Novice with no experience whats-so-ever

    ''Nothing makes the Earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes''. H.D. Thoreau.

    Hummer H3 V8

    W.A.P Objectivist

  32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:


  33. #2937
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Pinetown
    Age
    72
    Posts
    2,749
    Thanked: 2613

    Default Re: A Toast

    Good morning to all.
    Expecting a great day here today too.
    Forecast 24 deg. C., light breeze, low humidity - Sunrise in the next few minutes, coffee mug in hand as usual......
    This cannot be all bad, therefor = all good.
    Have a great day all.
    Peter Hutchison
    Answering the call of the wild is just so much beter than answering the telephone.
    [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][B]ISUZU KB 280 DT LE
    Modified Glider Hunter trailer fitted with RTT.
    Platkar = Chevy Spark 1.2

  34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Peter1949 For This Useful Post:


  35. #2938
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    HONEYDEW
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3,009
    Thanked: 2860

    Default Re: A Toast

    Great day people!
    Zerubbabel 2 the 2008 4.8 turbo Patrol with some kit
    Nothing, not even a mighty mountain, will stand in Zerubbabel’s way! (Zech 4:7)

  36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mal Hannes For This Useful Post:


  37. #2939
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Tesselaarsdal (dis inni Kaap!)
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,473
    Thanked: 4079

    Default Re: A Toast

    Goooooooooood MORNING!!!

    Some time ago I made the decision to de-clutter. To scale down. Some things you don't want to get rid of - heirlooms, antiques, small things that carry big memories.

    So I made a list of everything worth keeping. I sat the kids down and let them decide who wants what one day. It has been a busy couple of weeks - I got 2 containers and I'm busy packing what each one decided on in there.

    It has been quite a journey. Each piece of crockery, each piece of silverware, each book, each everything that went into a box carried and carries some kind of memory. Some kind of connection to the past - be it an occurrence, be it a person, be it good, be it bad.

    I sometimes smiled, I even laughed out loud once or twice, but I also shed a tear quite often. It has sometimes been fun, it has sometimes been extremely hard.

    What it has been is an eye-opener. A revelation of how much I've accumulated and how little of that I really need. Of the "nice-to-haves" versus the "need-to-haves". And especially of the "I'll-keep-that-cause-I-might-need-it-one-day" stuff.... The 125 scrambler I stripped in 1996 which is still lying in crates... The Citroen Pallas parts - but I sold the Citroen in 1985... The (bloody heavy) potter's wheel that I got I don't know when and never got around to fixing...

    The most difficult part was being ruthless. To make sure that I do not end up having moved 95% from one side to the other and 5% of "I-don't-needs" in the middle. I'm making a lot of Hospice shops, 2nd hand dealers and mates happy. And in the process I've found that I'm making myself happy as well.

    One can say that "the memories will always be there", but actually they will not - I've found that one actually needs something tangible to evoke memories - and man have I had a trip down memory lane! Those tangibles are mostly being packed away, given away, or thrown away. I've found that the old cliche runs true:

    The past is history,
    Tomorrow a mystery
    and today a gift.

    Enjoy your gift. Look forward to your mystery. Don't live in your history.

    Have a greaterer one Guys!!!
    Ettienne de Kock

    "ASK YOURSELF HOW OLD YOU'D BE IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THE DATE YOU WERE BORN" - Toby Keith


    1998 Disco Tdi
    1959 SII 88"
    1975 Land Rover Air-Portable Lightweight
    197? RRC
    AND SWAMBO's Unmentionable Abomination

  38. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to EttiennedK For This Useful Post:


  39. #2940
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hillcrest
    Age
    64
    Posts
    19,473
    Thanked: 8496

    Default Re: A Toast

    Quote Originally Posted by EttiennedK View Post
    Goooooooooood MORNING!!!

    Some time ago I made the decision to de-clutter. To scale down. Some things you don't want to get rid of - heirlooms, antiques, small things that carry big memories.

    So I made a list of everything worth keeping. I sat the kids down and let them decide who wants what one day. It has been a busy couple of weeks - I got 2 containers and I'm busy packing what each one decided on in there.

    It has been quite a journey. Each piece of crockery, each piece of silverware, each book, each everything that went into a box carried and carries some kind of memory. Some kind of connection to the past - be it an occurrence, be it a person, be it good, be it bad.

    I sometimes smiled, I even laughed out loud once or twice, but I also shed a tear quite often. It has sometimes been fun, it has sometimes been extremely hard.

    What it has been is an eye-opener. A revelation of how much I've accumulated and how little of that I really need. Of the "nice-to-haves" versus the "need-to-haves". And especially of the "I'll-keep-that-cause-I-might-need-it-one-day" stuff.... The 125 scrambler I stripped in 1996 which is still lying in crates... The Citroen Pallas parts - but I sold the Citroen in 1985... The (bloody heavy) potter's wheel that I got I don't know when and never got around to fixing...

    The most difficult part was being ruthless. To make sure that I do not end up having moved 95% from one side to the other and 5% of "I-don't-needs" in the middle. I'm making a lot of Hospice shops, 2nd hand dealers and mates happy. And in the process I've found that I'm making myself happy as well.

    One can say that "the memories will always be there", but actually they will not - I've found that one actually needs something tangible to evoke memories - and man have I had a trip down memory lane! Those tangibles are mostly being packed away, given away, or thrown away. I've found that the old cliche runs true:

    The past is history,
    Tomorrow a mystery
    and today a gift.

    Enjoy your gift. Look forward to your mystery. Don't live in your history.

    Have a greaterer one Guys!!!
    Thanks for such an inspirational post. I know I have to do the same.

    This has given me just that little push, but what I really need is a kick up the jack.

    Have a great day, we are off to the grandkids very first motor cross race. A side race at the Pietermaritzburg Nationals.
    Cheers

    ZS5KAD - PROFFESIONAL DUMBASS
    3 Land Rover V8's
    NA - TwinTurbo - SuperCharged
    A V6 and an inline 4

    If you fly or drive to an anti-Fracking meeting, you have no business being there and you wont get my ear......

  40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •