Do you agree \ disagree. - Page 2

View Poll Results: Read last statement in post.

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

21 56.76%
  • Disagree

16 43.24%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Do you agree \ disagree.

Guys, if I may........IF the Buyer supplied the battery, yes, then (maybe, a big maybe) the Supplier would/could/should have connected it to the main battery.

But there wasnt a second battery.

How to connect??

Supply it with 2 live "poles" and cables flapping around in the empty battery box??
    Of COURSE I have a Bad Habit. I take Tea at Three (Mick Jagger)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Petri Oosthuizen View Post
    Guys, if I may........IF the Buyer supplied the battery, yes, then (maybe, a big maybe) the Supplier would/could/should have connected it to the main battery.

How to connect??

Supply it with 2 live "poles" and cables flapping around in the empty battery box??
    Jy het my nou heeltemal verloor....

Verduidelik vir my in Afrikaans asseblief.

Quote Originally Posted by Petri Oosthuizen View Post

How to connect??

Noooo Petri! That would be stoopid!

Supply it with 2 insulated live poles and tape them down for the guy until he fits his battery!

-can charge him extra for the tape and ties! R 300 000 + R3.20 + R.060!
    "The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

- Charles Bukowski

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patrick L For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HBaden View Post
    Jy het my nou heeltemal verloor....

Verduidelik vir my in Afrikaans asseblief.
    Soos ek dit het.......Koper het die battery BOX as option gekoop, en dis so ingesit.

Sonder n battery. Hy het nie 'n battery as opsie gekoop nie en ook nie sy eie een gebring nie.

......Hoe moet die Supplier nou .n 2de battery connect as daar nie een is nie?? Los kabels wat in die box rondle??

Sorry Guys PLEASE do correct me if I'm missing something here.

.........YES, I do hear what the OP says.

If I was the Supplier?? I'd have told him "get a battery, we'd be glad to quickly connect it for you if you want".

Net dit.

Paar Gevleuelde Woorde en jyt 'n Customer for Life.

All is in the details:

When I did my Power-point in the loadbin of my Ranger at Ford, I had a lengthy discussion with the tech.
    - What size Cable he will use
    - Where is the fuse holder
    - What type fuse will you use
    - Do you run separate cable trunking?
    - Where did you run the cables
    - How did you go into the loadbin (drill, existing hole, etc)
    - What type socket goes in the bin
    - Socket load rating
    - Where will it be situated.
    - Does it affect warranty

I made sure it was discussed and documented properly so you know what you buy.
    Dual battery box and dual battery system are two different things, and only one word changes the scope of supply.

Actually amazing this thread has come this far, the OP answered himself in his post.... go figure.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to eloffmare For This Useful Post:

I must add that I would expect from a company, actually valuing their customers and focussing on their satisfaction, to at least confirm if you just need the box or if they could assist further. Sometimes you need more than what you verbalise and they should have the ability to extract your actual requirement. It simply gives you what you want and possibly generates more sales for them. Good business.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to George For This Useful Post:

I agree with you entirely. Any good business person would be eager to make the additional sale and should have gone the extra mile to ensure that the client understood what he was getting, and what he could actually do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by HBaden View Post
    Disagree

I take it that it was not the owner of the business that did your order list prior to assembly. (He/She should know better)

If it was my business, I would have asked you why just the box? Even if your answer was "just for a back up battery" I still would have asked.

If it was the salesman that did the order, I would ask him why he did not explain the extra to me. If there is an additional cost I would pay for the right extra and not assume that I will get it for free.

Surely the business owner would charge you the rate as if ordered and not as an "after market" add on.

Happy camping!!!

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    BUT... suppliers are using more and more marketing "tricks" like this to get that extra buck from you. You compare prices and then only afterwards realize that you need to fork out a bit more.

Interesting point this.

The spare wheel was nicked off one of our work NP200s a few weeks ago. I found a number on gumtree, but because I was concerned that I may be buying someone elses stolen spare, I elected to get a price from Nissan themselves.

I specifically asked for a complete spare wheel. I was quoted around R700 for the rim and around R600 for the tyre. I didn't even consider why the the quote was two separate prices. It all became clear when my driver went to collect and they told him if we wanted the tyre on the rim it would be another R400 or so for fitment.

In the end I rather paid the local tyre fitment guy R85 to fit it for me, and wrote that dealership off the service list for our two Nissans.
    Toyota Fortuner 4.0 V6 4x4 Auto

"So really , you are not so smart , you are a old Oomie that has to much time on his hands" - Christo Meisenheimer

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LandyAndy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eloffmare View Post
    Actually amazing this thread has come this far, the OP answered himself in his post.... go figure.
    Ha ha...maar on gesels dan nou so lekker.....

I could be wrong but I suspect the OP spoke to the sales person and not the owner. I think it would be very short sighted to charge extra for the wiring on a R300,000 plus van when this was pointed out. The answer in my opinion is for the seller to make up the wires and courier it to the client at no cost.

When I bought my off road van a few years ago, a 2nd battery was an optional extra. These days I see they come standard with 2 batteries....
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

When in doubt, paint it black

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kooskop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dirkba View Post
    Disagree!

Optionals are just that and not included in the original sale of an item.

Optionals become an "up sell" and then every item that you require needs to be listed and invoiced accordingly.
    Indeed.
    Assumptions do not supersede the contracted BOM, even though it may be 'logical / common sense / trivial to the larger picture etc'. (Where will one draw the line, it can get quite fuzzy very quickly.)

That is why it is important to sit down and discuss / clarify the detail of the order / build.

(There might be a small case to be made re the exact phrasing of the item, eg 'installation / fitment vs. dual-battery power system' etc.)
    Last edited by PieterOos; 2019/09/05 at 08:59 AM.

So when you install a long range fuel tank to your vehicle, you need to specify to connect it to your existing fuel system? Or would the average Joe expect that the purpose would be to extend your range, and by installation include plumbing in?

Obviously you can expect the tank to be empty when delivered, unless specified to be filled with "go Juice"

If it was the box ONLY, drop it loose in the van, installed it should be wired. Easy as that
    Last edited by blouhond007; 2019/09/05 at 09:01 AM. Reason: spelling
    if only life came with a ◄◄ REW ► PLAY ▌▌PAUSE █▌STOP

1994 Toyota Hilux SFA 2.4 D/C - Original
    2010 Diahatsu Terios AWD - Swambo

Quote Originally Posted by blouhond007 View Post
    So when you install a long range fuel tank to your vehicle, you need to specify to connect it to your existing fuel system? Or would the average Joe expect that the purpose would be to extend your range, and by installation include plumbing in?

Obviously you can expect the tank to be empty when delivered, unless specified to be filled with "go Juice"

If it was the box ONLY, drop it loose in the van, installed it should be wired. Easy as that
    The analogy would have been closer to 'Fitment of jerry cans'. ('Dual-battery system' would = 'long rage tank')

(Would you expect the required plumbing to be installed for jerry cans?)

Or is it a case of:

Both characters are correct, and both characters are wrong. It all depends on your perspective.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by PieterOos; 2019/09/05 at 09:57 AM.

Perspective is what it is all about...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The problem with internet quotes is that they are very often unverified."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Sort of something similar happened here this morning.

I had alu plates bent for my vantjie at a steel place, left the van there yesterday so that they can measure "on the go".

Went to pick up the van just now................see last post here.........https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...ypsy-with-Pics

Plates are bent nicely..........AND they fitted it, without me asking them to, or expecting them to.

For the rest of my life, I'll be telling this story about BZM Steel in Bethlehem.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

But, what if you already bought all the requirements to fit it yourself or wanted to make some other mods before fitting? Your opinion might have instantly changed fully to the opposite side. My example is probably over the top, but highlights the difficulty for a supplier to do those value adds. They backfire very easily. Ideal would probably have been just to give you a call and say "While we're at it, we'll fit it for you for free, unless you had other plans".
    Last edited by George; 2019/09/05 at 10:46 AM.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

But, what if you already bought all the requirements to fit it yourself or wanted to make some other mods before fitting? Your opinion might have instantly changed fully to the opposite side. My example is probably over the top, but highlights the difficulty for a supplier to do those value adds. They backfire very easily. Ideal would probably have been just to give you a call and say "While we're at it, we'll fit it for you for free, unless you had other plans".
    George - I'm actually a bit gatvol, I'd have fitted it a bit differently (going over the "side strips")

But I acknowledge their goodwill 1000%, and would rather just remove and re-fit it again, a 1000 times over, before ever even thinking about complaining, in this particular case.

But ja, ideal would have been to call me.

The ideal would also have been if I had those damn Lotto numbers correct, or if they missed the WTC Towers.

Correct George, if intentions / assumptions are aligned it is 10/10 service, if not - the same delivery is 0/10.
    Last edited by PieterOos; 2019/09/05 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PieterOos View Post

Correct George, if intentions / assumptions are aligned it is 10/10 service, if not - the same delivery is 0/10.
    My experience is 11/10.

Dalk is ek maar net 'n maklike meisie.

En wat gebeur met maklike meisies?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast