Where to buy Flannel shirts





Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    32
    Posts
    990
    Thanked: 822

    Default Where to buy Flannel shirts

    I know this is a weird question, and I am going to get grilled for this, but where in Pta/Jhb can one get good quality flannel shirts?

    Its not not a common thing in SA, but it is the most comfortable type of shirt for wearing in outdoor activities. I had a few I got from the states, but they have all reached the end of their life. I have been keeping an eye out at the outdoor shops like cape union and so on, but havenít seen any.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to RPiet For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    54
    Posts
    695
    Thanked: 163

    Default Re: Where to buy Flannel shirts

    I have seen some at the Pick & Pay clothing store.

    Don't know what quality, especially compared to what you get in the US (I have a couple), but worth a try.
    2006 Isuzu DMax 300Tdi DC 4x4

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Hillcrest
    Age
    70
    Posts
    181
    Thanked: 99

    Default Re: Where to buy Flannel shirts

    I bought mine from Senqu clothing some time back.
    Excellent clothing.
    Good luck.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,911
    Thanked: 3441

    Default Re: Where to buy Flannel shirts

    Are you referring to Flannel shirts (wool) or Plaid shirts (checked cotton)?
    There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

    2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range

    Discovery and Range Rovers: SOLD: enough is enough

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    32
    Posts
    990
    Thanked: 822

    Default Re: Where to buy Flannel shirts

    Flannel specifically, going to be spending some time in Lesotho highlands, and the Nyika platue over the next few weeks, and itís chilly there, even in summer.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    63
    Posts
    10,081
    Thanked: 2611

    Default Re: Where to buy Flannel shirts

    Cape Union Mart had some on their sale, which is still on, not sure if they were genuine flannel or just lookalikes. For the Nyika, good gear is essential, especially if you're hiking - the weather is very unpredictable, and can change in minutes. Layers of good technical clothing are good, with a good rain jacket/windbreaker essential. I've been through some mega-storms up there, and five minutes later the sun is shining again.
    Tony Weaver

    1991 Land Rover 110 Hi-Line S/W 3.5l V8 carburettor
    Cooper Discoverer STT tyres, four sleeper Echo rooftop tent
    2012 Mitsubishi Outlander.

    Previously Land Rover 1968 SII, 1969 SIIA, 1973 SIII, 1983 Toyota HiLux 2litre, 2006 Land Rover Freelander TD4 HSE.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tony Weaver For This Useful Post:


  9. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    32
    Posts
    990
    Thanked: 822

    Default Re: Where to buy Flannel shirts

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Weaver View Post
    Cape Union Mart had some on their sale, which is still on, not sure if they were genuine flannel or just lookalikes. For the Nyika, good gear is essential, especially if you're hiking - the weather is very unpredictable, and can change in minutes. Layers of good technical clothing are good, with a good rain jacket/windbreaker essential. I've been through some mega-storms up there, and five minutes later the sun is shining again.
    Thanks, will have a look at cape union again, but saw nothing in Pretoria last week.

    I know all about the weather in Nyika, learned my lesson the hard way a few years back.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Paarl
    Age
    62
    Posts
    64
    Thanked: 43

    Default Re: Where to buy Flannel shirts

    Quote Originally Posted by RPiet View Post
    Flannel specifically, going to be spending some time in Lesotho highlands, and the Nyika platue over the next few weeks, and itís chilly there, even in summer.
    If ANYONE laughs...I'll hunt you down

    Few years ago on my way to a hunting trip in the Karoo I realised in Laingsburg that I don't have a warm enough jacket for the cold so I popped into their PEP stores and bought 2 flannel shirts.

    Well I still have them and they do the job of keeping me warm!

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rangeview Krugersdorp
    Age
    70
    Posts
    6,131
    Thanked: 1023

    Default Re: Where to buy Flannel shirts

    Stirling Clothing and Amod & Sons might have
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !



    Chev Aveo and Atos and Polo.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to duncang For This Useful Post:


  13. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,911
    Thanked: 3441

    Default Re: Where to buy Flannel shirts

    The only ones I am aware of will cost and will have to be ordered on line from Fjallraven or Swanndri.
    There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

    2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range

    Discovery and Range Rovers: SOLD: enough is enough

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:


  15. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    32
    Posts
    990
    Thanked: 822

    Default Re: Where to buy Flannel shirts

    Quote Originally Posted by Estee View Post
    The only ones I am aware of will cost and will have to be ordered on line from Fjallraven or Swanndri.
    Mim sure there has to be something available local? Otherwise gonna have to wait till I go to Overseas again, but thatís only in a couple of months (at least they will be on summer sale in Europe then)

  16. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Doing Time in CKGR
    Age
    62
    Posts
    300
    Thanked: 144

    Default Re: Where to buy Flannel shirts

    Flannel proper was last seen going out the door with Wicks bubble gum. Best bet is as Estee suggested, at least you will know the quality is proper and guaranteed. I bought some Barbour flannel shirts about 15 years ago in Oz along with a couple of RM William's moleskin strides .. still going strong, best money I've spent on clothing.
    VW Amarok V6 4Motion Highline Plus
    Defender 130 HCPU TD5
    SOLD - D4 SDV6 HSE

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oreo For This Useful Post:


  18. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    32
    Posts
    990
    Thanked: 822

    Default Re: Where to buy Flannel shirts

    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    Flannel proper was last seen going out the door with Wicks bubble gum. Best bet is as Estee suggested, at least you will know the quality is proper and guaranteed. I bought some Barbour flannel shirts about 15 years ago in Oz along with a couple of RM William's moleskin strides .. still going strong, best money I've spent on clothing.

    The biggest pitty is that it seems quality anything in this country went out with Wicks bubblegum, and for anything of decent quality we need to look elsewhere, or pay an arm and a leg.

    My last lot of flannel shirts from the states also did about 10 years hard service. Nothing I buy locally lasts a game capture season......

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RPiet For This Useful Post:


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •