Venter Trailer ReVamp





Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5

    Default Venter Trailer ReVamp

    Where in the Pretoria area could we have our Venter trailer (Super 6 with nose cone) revamped? It was stationary under cover for about 15 years, so now we would like to use it again (next generation in the family). We have the tyres replaced and we are replacing the tail lights, but we need someone to tend to rust areas and maybe spray paint it, as well as check the structure. The telephone quote from the Venter dealer in our area is at least R8,000 including a basic service to replace bearings. We feel it is a bit high as it is not in bad shape. Any advice or suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Gaborone, Botswana
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,880

    Default Re: Venter Trailer ReVamp

    First get the bearings done before you start to tow it around. An un-lubricated bearing doesn't take many kilometers to self-destruct.

    Any panel-beater shop will take care of rust removal and spray painting.
    Kobus

    Nissan

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    63
    Posts
    109

    Default Re: Venter Trailer ReVamp

    Panelbeater shops not really interested, I tried to have a bushbaby trailer resprayed and they first asked if it is the Venter trailers as they do not want to work on the thin one's and then they said they are prepared to work on that one because it was 1.6mm thick and then for the price I could just as well buy a used that do not need refurbishment. Good luck


    2016 Hilux 2.8 GD6 4x4 Dc
    2010 Conqueror Compact 2

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Venter Trailer ReVamp

    Quote Originally Posted by KobusDJ View Post
    First get the bearings done before you start to tow it around. An un-lubricated bearing doesn't take many kilometers to self-destruct.Any panel-beater shop will take care of rust removal and spray painting.
    Thank you, that is good advice.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Venter Trailer ReVamp

    Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Panelbeater shops not really interested, I tried to have a bushbaby trailer resprayed and they first asked if it is the Venter trailers as they do not want to work on the thin one's and then they said they are prepared to work on that one because it was 1.6mm thick and then for the price I could just as well buy a used that do not need refurbishment. Good luck
    Thank you for the advice. Maybe we should take the trailer to the Venter dealership and get a proper quote from them. Apparently they have a workshop which can fix the rusted patches. It might be pricey, but if they are the only and/or the best option, then we just have to go that route.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Venter Trailer ReVamp

    Quote Originally Posted by wica View Post
    Thank you for the advice. Maybe we should take the trailer to the Venter dealership and get a proper quote from them. Apparently they have a workshop which can fix the rusted patches. It might be pricey, but if they are the only and/or the best option, then we just have to go that route.
    I sent you a pm. You are welcome to contact me for further info.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,170

    Default Re: Venter Trailer ReVamp

    I always see this place in Centurion advertising trailer repairs... But seems like Google Maps (Streetview) blurred the number...


    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trailer1.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	303.5 KB 
ID:	538821   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trailer2.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	536.9 KB 
ID:	538822  
    .

    2017 Mitsubishi Triton 2.4 D/C 4X4 6 Auto Diesel
    Lynx Bashplate

    DIY Drawer system
    DIY Drop Fridge Slide
    My ULTIMATE dual battery box

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    King Williams Town
    Age
    51
    Posts
    7,214

    Default Re: Venter Trailer ReVamp

    Do it yourself as a project. I can't spray paint but got plenty of advice on how to do it. I'm going to do my 6ft venter trailer myself.
    Isuzu STD 2.5d 2x4 rear diffy lock
    2x spotlight,2x fog lights
    215/80/R15c tyres
    1 x great humourous driver
    GPS,Bluetooth
    Eagle eye dash cam --stolen ..bought another one
    snorkel soon
    Craig
    I DON'T LIVE IN AFRICA,AFRICA LIVES IN ME- Kyle my son

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Kuilsriver
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: Venter Trailer ReVamp

    Quote Originally Posted by hunter26 View Post
    Do it yourself as a project. I can't spray paint but got plenty of advice on how to do it. I'm going to do my 6ft venter trailer myself.
    Probably the best advice sofar.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Gaborone, Botswana
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,880

    Default Re: Venter Trailer ReVamp

    Quote Originally Posted by hunter26 View Post
    Do it yourself as a project. I can't spray paint but got plenty of advice on how to do it. I'm going to do my 6ft venter trailer myself.
    Agree.

    A trailer is a nice and easy project.
    Kobus

    Nissan

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,170

    Default Re: Venter Trailer ReVamp

    Quote Originally Posted by hunter26 View Post
    Do it yourself as a project. I can't spray paint but got plenty of advice on how to do it. I'm going to do my 6ft venter trailer myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullterrier View Post
    Probably the best advice sofar.
    Quote Originally Posted by KobusDJ View Post
    Agree.

    A trailer is a nice and easy project.

    Yes... But some people does not even own a screwdriver set...or phones a handyman/electrician to change a light bulb.... For them, DIY is not an option (not saying the OP is not DIY savvy... But just saying)
    .

    2017 Mitsubishi Triton 2.4 D/C 4X4 6 Auto Diesel
    Lynx Bashplate

    DIY Drawer system
    DIY Drop Fridge Slide
    My ULTIMATE dual battery box

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Benoni
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,306

    Default Re: Venter Trailer ReVamp

    Quote Originally Posted by Therackermann View Post
    I sent you a pm. You are welcome to contact me for further info.
    Im also looking at refurbing an old Venter, do you offer this service?
    Cruiser 76 V8
    Disco 4 XS

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lonehill, JHB
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,272

    Default Re: Venter Trailer ReVamp

    Quote Originally Posted by hunter26 View Post
    Do it yourself as a project. I can't spray paint but got plenty of advice on how to do it. I'm going to do my 6ft venter trailer myself.
    But youíve had your trailer for a year and you havenít touched it. Not much of a handy man are you
    2014 Pajero 3.2DiD SWB

  14. #14

    Default Re: Venter Trailer ReVamp

    Quote Originally Posted by wildhunter View Post
    Im also looking at refurbing an old Venter, do you offer this service?
    Sent you a pm

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    King Williams Town
    Age
    51
    Posts
    7,214

    Default Re: Venter Trailer ReVamp

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtG View Post
    But youíve had your trailer for a year and you havenít touched it. Not much of a handy man are you
    Only had it a few months
    Isuzu STD 2.5d 2x4 rear diffy lock
    2x spotlight,2x fog lights
    215/80/R15c tyres
    1 x great humourous driver
    GPS,Bluetooth
    Eagle eye dash cam --stolen ..bought another one
    snorkel soon
    Craig
    I DON'T LIVE IN AFRICA,AFRICA LIVES IN ME- Kyle my son

  16. #16

    Default Re: Venter Trailer ReVamp

    Quote Originally Posted by wica View Post
    Where in the Pretoria area could we have our Venter trailer (Super 6 with nose cone) revamped? It was stationary under cover for about 15 years, so now we would like to use it again (next generation in the family). We have the tyres replaced and we are replacing the tail lights, but we need someone to tend to rust areas and maybe spray paint it, as well as check the structure. The telephone quote from the Venter dealer in our area is at least R8,000 including a basic service to replace bearings. We feel it is a bit high as it is not in bad shape. Any advice or suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!
    I have sent you a pm, let me know if we can sort you out

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Strand
    Age
    39
    Posts
    399

    Default Re: Venter Trailer ReVamp

    Do you perhaps know what size bearings they take. I need to change my 2001 model super 6's wheel bearings as well, but want to make sure I get the correct ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by KobusDJ View Post
    First get the bearings done before you start to tow it around. An un-lubricated bearing doesn't take many kilometers to self-destruct.

    Any panel-beater shop will take care of rust removal and spray painting.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Gaborone, Botswana
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,880

    Default Re: Venter Trailer ReVamp

    Quote Originally Posted by cornel1610 View Post
    Do you perhaps know what size bearings they take. I need to change my 2001 model super 6's wheel bearings as well, but want to make sure I get the correct ones.
    Unfortunately not. Have a look at the Venter Spares.
    Kobus

    Nissan

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Garden Route
    Age
    57
    Posts
    892

    Default Re: Venter Trailer ReVamp

    Consult Youtube & or a friend & do it yourself , you'll kill 2 stones with 1 bird (save a bunch of money & probably learn something in the process)
    Last edited by rodneykdc; 2019/08/31 at 06:02 AM.
    When faced with the dilemma of being right or being happy , I choose happy every time

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •