Cherokee Starting issues and knocking noise

Wink Starting issues and knocking noise

Hey Guys

I have a huge issue and trying to sort it. The only way my Jeep XJ 2.5td starts is if I am being pulled and then it's fine for the day and next morning not starting again.

Secondly I have a annoying knocking sound that comes from the airbox.

Can someone maybe put me in the correct direction.

Thanks

Default Re: Starting issues and knocking noise

Intuitively I would say that you have a poked battery based on your description. Now this could be the battery itself or your alternator isnt charging it sufficiently. A battery centre should be able to test this easily if you dont have a multi-meter.

As for the knocking from the airbox area, that I am not sure. Noise descriptions are fairly hard to assist with if one cant hear it themselves.

Some airboxes have supporting brackets with a rubber damper. It could be something as simple as the mounting. I would check all of those first
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range Building for Touring, not Trails

FJ: One day when I am big

Land Rovers: Done unfortunately

If the engine turns over fine an does not start, but it starts when bump started? Check the crank position sensor. Left hand side behind the engine on the bellhousing. Bolts loose or cracked sensor. If it is not a bad battery!
    2011 Isuzu 300d-teq 4x4 d/c
    Home built Blapsie caravan.
    The decision you make today, will determine the road you walk tomorrow

Thanks guys. Replaced the battery a month ago, but will check alternator because on the dash the battery does not even reach half way