Botswana Fuel Avaiability

Default Botswana Fuel Avaiability

Good morning 4X4 friends. We (two Landcruiser's, 4 persons) will be traveling though Botswana from 1 September 19. We will travel from Maun to Kasane via the Moremi and Savuti. My question is: Are there any fuel available somewhere between Maun and Kasane?

Default Re: Botswana Fuel Avaiability

Quote Originally Posted by HenningK View Post
    Good morning 4X4 friends. We (two Landcruiser's, 4 persons) will be traveling though Botswana from 1 September 19. We will travel from Maun to Kasane via the Moremi and Savuti. My question is: Are there any fuel available somewhere between Maun and Kasane?
    Unless something has changed that I am not aware of, there are no fuel available on your route and you will have to take extra in jerry cans.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HannoK For This Useful Post:

Unless the Puma fuel station at Ngoma/Muchenje has reopened (and I haven't heard that it has) there is no fuel on this route.
    Tony Weaver

1991 Land Rover 110 Hi-Line S/W 3.5l V8 carburettor
    Cooper Discoverer STT tyres, four sleeper Echo rooftop tent
    2012 Mitsubishi Outlander.

Previously Land Rover 1968 SII, 1969 SIIA, 1973 SIII, 1983 Toyota HiLux 2litre, 2006 Land Rover Freelander TD4 HSE.

Just a note we often had issues with fuel running out in Kasane and Katima - especially over the Xmas holiday period. In Kasane there are now 4 garages so situation is better, but you have all the Zimbabweans / Zambians coming into town for fuel, plus tourists plus all the busy operators/lodges etc. In Africa never drive past a fuel station without filling up. Also sometimes in Namibia certain garages wont accept payment by credit cards, just drive to another fuel station as there will be another one who does. Also always check with the attendant first if their credit card machine is working as often the power is out or there is no signal. I always carry a extra bit of local cash for fuel (or speeding fines) that only gets used in an emergency.

Hello,

We were there 2 weeks ago and there is no fuel station between Maun and Kasane. The Puma station at Muchenje was closed.

Have a nice trip,

Les PACHAS