2004 KB300 Tdi DC 4x2 Auto

Default 2004 KB300 Tdi DC 4x2 Auto

Being the lucky bugger to pick up this fine specimen with 115k on the clock, I'm starting to do some homework here.
    I worked my way back from the start of the Suzi posts. Most of the intersting post died out without closure. Very dissapointing.

Yes, I know most readers are already saying pfft! 115K? impossible!
    Well it's true. Done all my homework on it. Belonged to an old chap who really took good care of it. The motor still looks like it just came out of the factory. I almost feel bad for what I have planded for the old girl.
    The rest of the car is in mint condition. It's like driving a new car.

In the next few weeks, she is going to SAC for big pipe and chip. I feel the auto is a bit pap for overtaking. I ran it down from Rustenberg to East London averaging 13km/l. In town its giving me around 10, which is not bad considering it is auto.
    Lets hope the chip doesn't mess that up.

I had to change a bulb on the fog light. Was a bit of bugger with my big paws.
    My last Suzi was a 2.8 TD, which I drove for 18 years without any problems, but this one worries me a bit with this EGR and funny fuel pump, so been trying to find some answers to removing this thing and possibly start collecting parts to swap out to a mechanical pump.

Lots of threads started on these subjects, but no proper info being divulged. Being a machinist, I can make basically anything, but the electronic side of things gives me bald patches.
    So if anyone can help me with info on how exactly to do the EGR delete without EM light or limp mode coming on, I would much appreciate it.

Default Re: 2004 KB300 Tdi DC 4x2 Auto

IMHO, if you want a race car then go buy a race car or install a Lexus V8 petrol motor for the oomph. I would leave it std and live with the slight lag in power but that is me. Just a question, why didn't you go for a 4x4 or don't you really need it ie traveling into remote off road areas. It's also great to see another East London EC member on the Forum. Oh and getting 13km/l is brilliant on an automatic.
    Isuzu STD 2.5d 2x4 rear diffy lock
    2x spotlight,2x fog lights
    215/80/R15c tyres
    1 x great humourous driver
    GPS,Bluetooth
    Eagle eye dash cam --stolen ..bought another one
    snorkel soon
    Craig
    I DON'T LIVE IN AFRICA,AFRICA LIVES IN ME- Kyle my son

I owned one of those (2004 go big) for about 7 years. Manual though. BOught her with 313k on and sold with 413 ish 7 years later for the same price I bought her.

I fitted mine with a 63mm mild steel "free flow" from the turbo. Make sure they make a new flange and 63mm from the start and not only cut your and add new diameter. you also don't want to go too big diameter as the exhaust is pretty close to the oil filter. Future services might get slightly more difficult.

Egr I blanked mine off with a piece of plate on both sides. Later I just removed the whole pipe/egr assembly. I have heard of diode that is required on the MAF sensor, but mine ran fine without it. Blocked the one pipe running to the egr with small ball bearing.

Did 2 Namibia trips with her without issues.

exhaust does make her slightly more responsive, but does not give you more power. I would keep her unchipped and modify my driving style to suite.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by fixit View Post
    Being the lucky bugger to pick up this fine specimen with 115k on the clock, I'm starting to do some homework here.
    I worked my way back from the start of the Suzi posts. Most of the intersting post died out without closure. Very dissapointing.

Yes, I know most readers are already saying pfft! 115K? impossible!
    Well it's true. Done all my homework on it. Belonged to an old chap who really took good care of it. The motor still looks like it just came out of the factory. I almost feel bad for what I have planded for the old girl.
    The rest of the car is in mint condition. It's like driving a new car.

In the next few weeks, she is going to SAC for big pipe and chip. I feel the auto is a bit pap for overtaking. I ran it down from Rustenberg to East London averaging 13km/l. In town its giving me around 10, which is not bad considering it is auto.
    Lets hope the chip doesn't mess that up.

I had to change a bulb on the fog light. Was a bit of bugger with my big paws.
    My last Suzi was a 2.8 TD, which I drove for 18 years without any problems, but this one worries me a bit with this EGR and funny fuel pump, so been trying to find some answers to removing this thing and possibly start collecting parts to swap out to a mechanical pump.

Lots of threads started on these subjects, but no proper info being divulged. Being a machinist, I can make basically anything, but the electronic side of things gives me bald patches.
    So if anyone can help me with info on how exactly to do the EGR delete without EM light or limp mode coming on, I would much appreciate it.
    I suggest u get a remap done rather they can take the egr off the map so it doesnt open and is safer than a chip but hey each to there own clean the maf sensor and do a exhaust as well will help other than that service her every 10k and she will last like ours has 462kon it now but a manual
    ISUZU KB300LX DMAX mine / 1.4tdci with software exhaust and intercooler and watermeth injection /dad-kb300 dteq kb5 4x4 /uncle kb300 4x2 dteq kb5 /step dad. Kb6 kb300 4x4 auto all double cabs

Quote Originally Posted by hunter26 View Post
    IMHO, if you want a race car then go buy a race car or install a Lexus V8 petrol motor for the oomph. I would leave it std and live with the slight lag in power but that is me. Just a question, why didn't you go for a 4x4 or don't you really need it ie traveling into remote off road areas. It's also great to see another East London EC member on the Forum. Oh and getting 13km/l is brilliant on an automatic.
    Don't want a race car. I just want to be able to overtake safely when travelling. This being an auto, it won't kick down if you are doing 100+.
    With a chip, a few more ponies should help with overtaking.
    As for 4x4, I have a 110 Landy with a Toy motor that we use for those trips

Quote Originally Posted by giolanman View Post
    I
    I suggest u get a remap done rather they can take the egr off the map so it doesnt open and is safer than a chip but hey each to there own clean the maf sensor and do a exhaust as well will help other than that service her every 10k and she will last like ours has 462kon it now but a manual
    I'm fanatical about servicing my diesels. 10k seems a bit long, so I usually do around 7k.
    Being in East London, I don't know anyone that can do a remap, so I would need to go to PE. I hope SAC are able to do that?
    I'm starting to wonder here by the responses, if there isn't a problem like dirty MAF? I know these are donkeys, but my old 2.8 TD was a lot stronger than this 3.0 on pulling uphills.
    I feel the auto, when it goes into lockup, the revs are very low for the speed, which could be why it loses on the hills.
    I wish i could drive another one to do a comparison.

Isn't SAC regarded as the devil/destroyer of good engines by many on the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
    Isn't SAC regarded as the devil/destroyer of good engines by many on the forum?
    Please point me in the right direction then?

As i said, I've gone through about 75% of the Isuzu posts and no one complaining there? Unless I missed it?
    Being in East London, we are limited to getting this type of service. As advertized that is.

Quote Originally Posted by fixit View Post
    Please point me in the right direction then?

As i said, I've gone through about 75% of the Isuzu posts and no one complaining there? Unless I missed it?
    Being in East London, we are limited to getting this type of service. As advertized that is.
    I don't know of anyone to recommend but I'm sure someone reading this will.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
    I don't know of anyone to recommend but I'm sure someone reading this will.
    hi uhm can u whatsap me 0 7 3 6 1 6 5 5 7 9 will help and chat there
    ISUZU KB300LX DMAX mine / 1.4tdci with software exhaust and intercooler and watermeth injection /dad-kb300 dteq kb5 4x4 /uncle kb300 4x2 dteq kb5 /step dad. Kb6 kb300 4x4 auto all double cabs

I managed to get through all the posts and some more valuble info on the Aus forum, I've decided to leave it standard.
    The EGR will get a good scrubbing this weekend and then regular maintenance cleaning.

I want to ad some early warning gauges that are no too intrusive. Anyone done a nice neat job with pics of where to place them?