Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Conqueror UEV25

Default Conqueror UEV25

According to info from a salesman, Conqueror has already built and sold a few UEV25's.

Now I'm very curious - any forum member that has bought this off-road caravan yet.

If so, please give some feedback
    "If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost"

Default Re: Conqueror UEV25

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    According to info from a salesman, Conqueror has already built and sold a few UEV25's.

Now I'm very curious - any forum member that has bought this off-road caravan yet.

I was there a few months ago and they did not even have pricing etc. They promised to send me pricing and production/delivery details and still waiting.....
    Bruce Hunter. 2019 FJ Cruiser, Audi Q5S Tdi, 2019 VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0tsi(work vehicle), Bush Lapa Kewer 2202, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha FT100hp 4st.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceHun View Post
    I was there a few months ago and they did not even have pricing etc. They promised to send me pricing and production/delivery details and still waiting.....
    "Price from R528 080" as per their website
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
    - Leonardo Da Vinci
    Also on

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rooikop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BruceHun View Post
    Bruce, I do remember you visited Congueror, but also remember that you bought the BL Baobab in the meantime. (If memory serves me right)

My guess is that somebody saw you're not really interested anymore and that is why you did not get feedback

Bruce, I do remember you visited Congueror, but also remember that you bought the BL Baobab in the meantime. (If memory serves me right)

My guess is that somebody saw you're not really interested anymore and that is why you did not get feedback
    You are correct. Business is tight, would have expected better though. BL kept on at me. I donít think I would have bought the Conqueror in any case. They will need at least a year to iron out issues and see if this new product will be a success. So i took the easy way out😁
    Bruce Hunter. 2019 FJ Cruiser, Audi Q5S Tdi, 2019 VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0tsi(work vehicle), Bush Lapa Kewer 2202, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha FT100hp 4st.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceHun For This Useful Post:

Yes, this is quite true, ordered mine today, 6months wait, will keep you updated
    - Leonardo Da Vinci
    Also on

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rooikop For This Useful Post:

Looks great. I think itís the nicest model out there right now. For the first time Iím tempted to sell the Commander and get the 25. Only two major issues for me:

-the fridge in the nosecone.
    - the 1800 kg odd (as per the salesman). Thatís HEAVY!

What he was not able to confirm at all is the towball weight. Iíd say that spec is most probably the most crucial.

Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Zapiture View Post
    L

What he was not able to confirm at all is the tow-ball weight. Iíd say that spec is most probably the most crucial.

Due to the double axle, the weight should not be an issue. The caravan balance mostly on the four wheels.

Could you please elaborate on why the fridge in the nosecone is an issue for you?

Thanks

Due to the double axle, the weight should not be an issue. The caravan balance mostly on the four wheels.

Could you please elaborate on why the fridge in the nosecone is an issue for you?

Thanks
    If the kitchen is extended you need to walk around to the fridge. Ergonomically, I think itís an issue:

Zapiture,
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zapiture For This Useful Post:

If the kitchen is extended you need to walk around to the fridge. Ergonomically, I think it’s an issue:

Ouch, yes it does make a lot of sense. Never looked at it like that. One will have to do a modification to bring your fridge closer. Preferably something similar to the Commander.

Just an after thought - you still have the big fridge/freezer inside the UEV25 and if you can pack enough foodstuffs in there, you don't really need an additional fridge in the nose. It can be utilized as packing space.
    Last edited by Spook; 2019/09/03 at 09:32 PM.

Just an after thought - you still have the big fridge/freezer inside the UEV25 and if you can pack enough foodstuffs in there, you don't really need an additional fridge in the nose. It can be utilized as packing space.
    I still think they did not think this one through properly. Then you are in and out of your living space. If you camp where we do the inside of your van will be full of muck all the time.

But hey, Iíve found out a long time ago that what works for us doesnít always work for others.

Perhaps it suits you perfectly.

Zapiture,
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zapiture For This Useful Post:

Wow, quite a heavy van this - not a lot of cars are going to be able to tow this
    Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 DI-D 4x4
    BL925 - Ratel 4

I still think they did not think this one through properly. Then you are in and out of your living space. If you camp where we do the inside of your van will be full of muck all the time.

But hey, Iíve found out a long time ago that what works for us doesnít always work for others.

Perhaps it suits you perfectly.
    Eish, the van might suit me, but the PRICE!!!!!

A lot of thinking will go into this one, specially after we saw some of the other vans on the show.

Eish, the van might suit me, but the PRICE!!!!!

A lot of thinking will go into this one, specially after we saw some of the other vans on the show.

Hallo Spokie en ander,

Ek het in Okt. 2019 my Commander ingeruil vir 'n UEV-25(Moeg gesukkel met die opslaan en spasie binne) Die uitleg het drasties verander vandat julle die proto-tipe gesien het. Yskas is nou binne, Lug suspensie is opsioneel, die kombuis, stort en toilet is verander, meer spasie, pakplek, en baie kleiner items soos beligting ens. is verbeter. Die neuskas is verander om as pakplek/ of addisionele yskas te dien. Binnekort sal die nuutste wa op hulle webblad verskyn. Kan nie meer wag vir myne nie.
    Groete,
    Egmond Coetzee

Quote Originally Posted by EGMOND View Post
    Hallo Spokie en ander,

Ek het in Okt. 2019 my Commander ingeruil vir 'n UEV-25(Moeg gesukkel met die opslaan en spasie binne) Die uitleg het drasties verander vandat julle die proto-tipe gesien het. Yskas is nou binne, Lug suspensie is opsioneel, die kombuis, stort en toilet is verander, meer spasie, pakplek, en baie kleiner items soos beligting ens. is verbeter. Die neuskas is verander om as pakplek/ of addisionele yskas te dien. Binnekort sal die nuutste wa op hulle webblad verskyn. Kan nie meer wag vir myne nie.
    Groete,
    Egmond Coetzee
    Egmond.
    Het jy joune al ontvang?

Ek is baie lus om een aan te skaf maar sal graag wil hoot wat se die manne wat een het

Only realised this morning when I started typing this reply how the time has flown. On 31 August 2019 I mentioned that we have placed our order for the UEV25 and that we were in for a six month wait. If only we knew what 2020 had in stall for the world.

So on 7 July I received a call that production was starting on my van. That really got the juices going again, especially expecting the restrictions to start lifting. And eventually last week got the call that our wait was over, and that I can collect on Friday. So early afternoon me and my son set of to Conqueror East Rand for the delivery and the presentation of how everything turned on and of and opened and closed.

Saturday was spent moving in, and oh boy, was not anything less stressful than moving house, lol. We sold the Companion in February already, right in time for the 6 months delivery, and stored all our stuff for the short term, however, finding everything we knew we had and getting sorted proofed to be quite some mission. Eventually on Sunday we were 85% there, ready for out first "proving" camp this coming weekend.

Some photo's Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHOTO-2020-08-17-08-03-26.jpg 
Views:	538 
Size:	143.0 KB 
ID:	584651Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHOTO-2020-08-17-08-03-26 (3).jpg 
Views:	493 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	584652Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3829.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	610.1 KB 
ID:	584662
    Last edited by Rooikop; 2020/08/17 at 09:42 AM.
    - Leonardo Da Vinci
    Also on

Eish, ek is so jaloers. Sal my vrek duur voortanne gee vir die UEV25, maar...........

Gewig, prys............

Baie geluk Rooikop en mag julle baie awesome memories bymekaar maak met die wa.

Rooikop

Baie geluk met jou spog wa. Jul gaan dit geniet.
    Deel bietjie die specs soos Spook noem ek wil ook weet.
    Kenmerkend is die lang sleepstang, maar dit maak sin dat daar nie veel gewig op die bal is nie vanwee die dubbel as.

Wys nog fotos asb.

Wildkyker
    Barry Enslin

ONE LIFE!

Baie dankie. Gaan die naweek kamp, sal dan meer foto's neem en deel. Sal dan ook beter idee kan kry oor die gewig en die sleep as hy nou eers gepak is vir "naweek kamp".

Het wel bietjie onder hom rondgekruip die naweek, en geloer na waar die water tenks en ander goed soos die pompe en diesmeer weggesteek word. Ek het myne ook gevat met die opsionele lug suspensie, en neem daardie pomp en tenk ook 'n groot klomp spasie op.
    - Leonardo Da Vinci
    Also on

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast