We buy cars

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: We buy cars

Default We buy cars

As I am in the market for a new car , I looked around and found a good priced car at “we buy car “ my price range +- R300 000 . Advertised price on car R307 000 , fill in all the forms . Took them 3 days to get back to me ( after I phoned them) all approved for R360 000 +- “ hu “ send me a breakdown . vehicle price R307 000 lic & reg R1850 Ser & dil R2950 Ext warranty R9585 Dent warranty R6050 Extended serv plan R 18 844.54 Nedstar R6 499 and then the real mind boggler R 20 000 provision ( subject to change) apparently for any repairs on the vehicle ( road worthy ) . Another week go by , phone them , no vehicle did not pass r w send in for repairs . Another 4 days go by , phoned me today , bit of a problem fixing the car came to R14 000 but now it needs 4 new tyres R16 000 told the to stuffit . My question will be is this the new Trent in selling cars or is it only “ we buy cars “ . All this ad on,s will put the car in a price bracket we’re you could buy the same car with lower mileage ( still in motor plan etc ) Must say this was the worst customer service I ever experienced in buying a car
    Using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cor For This Useful Post:

Default Re: We buy cars

Up to about 6 months ago they had a really good business model going.

The Naspers takeover (not sure what the status of it is after the commission commission put a spanner in the works) seems to have made them very arrogant or desperate. I am struggling to decide which one it is.

Every week there is new and more rules especially regarding the way the deal with the trade.

I hope they sort out their issues soon.

The volume as cars they deal with still boggles my mind.

Rudu
    2007 Hilux 3.0d4d 4x4 DC - Mine
    2005 Hilux 3.0d4d 4x4 DC - Her's
    2008 3.2 did 4x4 DC Triton - Now with my Dad
    2006 Imagine Trailvan with Bunduawn 360

Well from what i gather these guys sell cars as is.Not sure how they get past the CPA but they do..Hence all the added costs on the vehicle you wanted..They make you cover it as they dont give you a warranty.
    Their pricing is always good compared to everyone else..but ever notice how new model vehicles that certainly do have service plans are sold with no service history.Not sure why unless these are accident vehicles or something

If you buy from WeSellCars you get what you get and that's what you see when you inspect and test drive. If you want all the extras then you pay extra. Easy.

It's not a difficult business model to understand.

If you want an end to end experience, stick to the quality franchise places.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jelo For This Useful Post:

Jelo..is it not right in saying that law states vehicles are sold with a minimum 6 months warranty?If however this is not true then why are all other car dealers not doing the same.I mean which preowned car dealers wants to carry a warranty if not neccesary

These guys sell cars as wholesale so anything wrong with the car is the buyers problem, CPA doesn't apply. If you now what to look for you could do okay, you will not get a good deal, you will either get a fair deal or a terrible deal.
    My sister in law sold her old Hyundai Atos, got R30k for it because two doors were resprayed apparently etc. I didn't now how to tell and she wanted it gone asap. Saw the next day her car was up on their site for 45k. Guarantee they won't let you know the doors were resprayed.

Quote Originally Posted by cor View Post
    As I am in the market for a new car , I looked around and found a good priced car at “we buy car “ my price range +- R300 000 . Advertised price on car R307 000 , fill in all the forms . Took them 3 days to get back to me ( after I phoned them) all approved for R360 000 +- “ hu “ send me a breakdown . vehicle price R307 000 lic & reg R1850 Ser & dil R2950 Ext warranty R9585 Dent warranty R6050 Extended serv plan R 18 844.54 Nedstar R6 499 and then the real mind boggler R 20 000 provision ( subject to change) apparently for any repairs on the vehicle ( road worthy ) . Another week go by , phone them , no vehicle did not pass r w send in for repairs . Another 4 days go by , phoned me today , bit of a problem fixing the car came to R14 000 but now it needs 4 new tyres R16 000 told the to stuffit . My question will be is this the new Trent in selling cars or is it only “ we buy cars “ . All this ad on,s will put the car in a price bracket we’re you could buy the same car with lower mileage ( still in motor plan etc ) Must say this was the worst customer service I ever experienced in buying a car
    No, selling a Car advertised at R 307 000 for R 360 000 is not the hew trend. Not that I'm aware of, anyway.
    Of COURSE I have a Bad Habit. I take Tea at Three (Mick Jagger)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rdp View Post

The Naspers takeover (not sure what the status of it is after the commission commission put a spanner in the works) seems to have made them very arrogant or desperate. I am struggling to decide which one it is.

Every week there is new and more rules especially regarding the way the deal with the trade.

Rudu
    Absolutely , I did however feel the sales EXECUTIVE was quite arrogant and did not really care for the sale
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Petri Oosthuizen View Post
    No, selling a Car advertised at R 307 000 for R 360 000 is not the hew trend. Not that I'm aware of, anyway.
    Thanks Petri , thought as much
    Using Tapatalk

Tell Petri what you need and let him source it.

At least you can swear at him in Afrikaans.
    LC 78 Troopie 1HD-FTE
    +27 zero eight 2 four 95 9252

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Henris For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Spectaitor View Post
    These guys sell cars as wholesale so anything wrong with the car is the buyers problem, CPA doesn't apply. If you now what to look for you could do okay, you will not get a good deal, you will either get a fair deal or a terrible deal.
    My sister in law sold her old Hyundai Atos, got R30k for it because two doors were resprayed apparently etc. I didn't now how to tell and she wanted it gone asap. Saw the next day her car was up on their site for 45k. Guarantee they won't let you know the doors were resprayed.
    Impossible. CPA must apply. You cannot "waive" it. And they cannot "wholesale" to the public and thus get away with CPA.

I cannot decide I "wholesale" certain cars.

EVERY car I sell MUST be Dealer Stocked, and MUST be Invoiced.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

When I went there I was told if the vehicle is available for finance then the CPA would apply, but if it is a cash only deal then there is no CPA. Some vehicles are "high" risk according to them, so even if in theory it qualifies for finance, they won't finance it. Anyway, that is how I understood it. I was interested in a Freelander 2, that qualified according to the banks for finance, but they had it as a cash deal only. The guy told me they are wary of older land rovers.
    2011 Freelander 2 SE
    Swambo : 2012 BMW 530d Msport("the beast")

18. The Following User Says Thank You to lizardalpha For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rdp View Post

Rudu
    Was not aware of the NASPERS take-over! When an how did that happened?

I must say, in the early years it was a pleasure dealing with them - could easily speak to the owners personal. Done and dusted!

AFAIK the cars they auction does not fall under the CPA. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

But as Jelo said. Rather buy from a reputable dealer like Petri.
    2000 Land Rover Discovery II TD5
    2019 Suzuki Baleno 1.4 GLX platkar

21. The Following User Says Thank You to FWM For This Useful Post:

Maybe you have been doing it wrong?
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    If you buy from WeSellCars you get what you get and that's what you see when you inspect and test drive. If you want all the extras then you pay extra. Easy.

It's not a difficult business model to understand.

If you want an end to end experience, stick to the quality franchise places.
    Hi Jelo good to see your back nop you got to pay to get it through RW . I thought the tires were in a pretty good condition but were informed that it had to be replaced , couldn’t tell me what the other R14000 was for . See the advertised price is still on R307000 , so what happens to the R14000 that was spend on the car . You can cut all the other extras ( warranty’s )
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cor View Post
    Thanks Petri , thought as much
    cor - ja. I guess you CAN get a good buy there, or here, or just around the corner, I'm not trying to bash anyone here, I dont need to.

But a car for R 307k that suddenly now becomes R 360k (and the "add ons" are all "real" ones, I'm not saying they're spykering you there)......?? Suddenly that "bargain" now becomes something that should be in a breathtaking condition, one owner, etc etc etc.

And again, I dunno what their business model is - what I do know is that they buy ANYTHING. But yes, that "anything" can mean an immculate Caravelle, or it can mean a resprayed Caravelle without FSH.

What I also know, is that they buy NOTHING from a Dealer, if that vehicle is Dealer Stocked on the Dealers name.........dunno why, and I also dont really care why, to be honest.

That immaculate Caravelle will AWLWAYS demand a high price - here, there, your neighbour's one, etc etc etc.

The less than immaculate one CAN be a good buy if that's all that falls into a certain budget - no problem with that.

Obviously with risk involved.

So..........yes, they most definitely are this volume Seller. With those volumes also obviously come lemons here and there.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

cor

Did you ask them first to remove all the additional items and to reissue the quote?

(I had many times in the past received quotes from dealers with additional items and every time it all was removed on my request to get to the 'base' price again. You don't have to accept it. (It is called 'upselling'.)
    Last edited by PieterOos; 2019/08/20 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Jelo..is it not right in saying that law states vehicles are sold with a minimum 6 months warranty?If however this is not true then why are all other car dealers not doing the same.I mean which preowned car dealers wants to carry a warranty if not neccesary
    they sell on an auction basis: they are not dealers, they auction on an as is or voetstoots basis

if, however, you need them to finance, that's when the CPA kicks in and the costs get added, because then they need to onboard the vehicle onto their books, they need to add on-the-road costs, etc

Like I said, a simple model, not difficult to understand and quite legal.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Impossible. CPA must apply. You cannot "waive" it. And they cannot "wholesale" to the public and thus get away with CPA.

I cannot decide I "wholesale" certain cars.

EVERY car I sell MUST be Dealer Stocked, and MUST be Invoiced.
    Exactly, you cannot contract yourself out of the law. We have one of their sales guys living in our complex, I asked him about this and he told me, strictly speaking they are subject to the 6 months warranty, that is why they insist on selling you a policy with the vehicle. If the policy does not cover the full amount of the repairs, and you scream loud enough they will cover the repair cost (but first they will try to convince you that you have no case against them). I am referring to financed vehicles, but hey, when you go buy a vehicle how do you as the customer know when which rules apply? I believe that is unethical and will never buy a car from them.
    Last edited by Johnna; 2019/08/20 at 08:56 AM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnna For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast