We buy cars - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: We buy cars

Default Re: We buy cars

Quote Originally Posted by Petri Oosthuizen View Post
    Impossible. CPA must apply. You cannot "waive" it. And they cannot "wholesale" to the public and thus get away with CPA.

I cannot decide I "wholesale" certain cars.

EVERY car I sell MUST be Dealer Stocked, and MUST be Invoiced.
    It’s actually interesting investigating this. Wendy Knowler a consumer watchdog investigated this and determined that they can indeed sell wholesale to the public.

Wholesale in this context means “buying with the intention to sell”. So the dealer gives you the option of with or without CPA. It’s not the responsibility of the dealer to prove that you have no intention to sell on.

In fact it could be argued that nearly all vehicles are bought with the intention to sell, even if it is 5 years later when the time comes for another car.

But they are skating on thin ice. Interesting stuff.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    they sell on an auction basis: they are not dealers, they auction on an as is or voetstoots basis

if, however, you need them to finance, that's when the CPA kicks in and the costs get added, because then they need to onboard the vehicle onto their books, they need to add on-the-road costs, etc

Like I said, a simple model, not difficult to understand and quite legal.
    They dont auction all their cars.

Some gets sold via finance, some sold cash, some are auctioned, some are wholesaled.

Anyway........
    "Everything You See, I Owe to Spaghetti" (Sophia Loren)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnna View Post
    Exactly, you cannot contract yourself out of the law. We have one of their sales guys living in our complex, I asked him about this and he told me, strictly speaking they are subject to the 6 months warranty, that is why they insist on selling you a policy with the vehicle. If the policy does not cover the full amount of the repairs, and you scream loud enough they will cover the repair cost (but first they will try to convince you that you have no case against them). I believe that is unethical and will never buy a car from them.
    I've bought 3 cars from them and I've never bought any policy or warranty.

You guys can debate the CPA all you want, they've been running for ages and are still operating. If you feel so strongly, open a criminal case against them?
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jelo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Petri Oosthuizen View Post
    They dont auction all their cars.

Some gets sold via finance, some sold cash, some are auctioned, some are wholesaled.

Anyway........
    indeed

and the auction vehicles are cheapest..........DUH
    Percivamus

indeed

and the auction vehicles are cheapest..........DUH
    ...........Huh??

I've bought 3 cars from them and I've never bought any policy or warranty.

You guys can debate the CPA all you want, they've been running for ages and are still operating. If you feel so strongly, open a criminal case against them?
    Why would I do that? I have never, nor will I ever buy from them. I do feel for the uninformed people that get screwed by what I perceive as their unethical business model...
    Last edited by Johnna; 2019/08/20 at 09:14 AM.

Why would I do that? I have never, nor will I ever buy from them. I do feel for the uneducated people that get screwed by what I perceive as their unethical business model...
    whatever floats your boat buddy

if I buy from a dealer then I get screwed most times anyway, I've been ripped off at least twice by high end franchised dealerships

As I said, I've bought 3 cars from WeSellCars and not ONE of them had any issues that weren't PERTINENTLY pointed out by the sales rep on site.

The Chevy Spark has now done 50,000kms and only needed a cam sensor and eventually some wheel bearings @ 130,000kms.
    The Renault Logan has also done in excess of 50,000kms and needed some ball joints after 30,000kms of use.
    The Peugeot 207 needed a light relay.

Like I said, if you want an end-to-end experience with a salesman holding your hand and doing the paperwork at extreme cost, then by all means, approach a registsred dealer. I accept these vehicles as auction level items and I understand Caveat Emptor.
    Percivamus

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jelo For This Useful Post:

Ive been to their Midstream and Pretoria East warehouses on a few occasions.

I like to walk all the isles and look at every car that catches my eye.

But, I can say this - almost ALL the cars there are rubbish one way or another, I have yet to see one in good condition, all of them has some evidence of panel beating or spray painting and they never give you this information upfront.

I would steer VERY clear from buying anything from them.
    High: KIA Sorento 2.5 Crdi 4x4 - SOLD

Platkar Haaihoendaai i20 1.4

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WAJ For This Useful Post:

whatever floats your boat buddy

if I buy from a dealer then I get screwed most times anyway, I've been ripped off at least twice by high end franchised dealerships

As I said, I've bought 3 cars from WeSellCars and not ONE of them had any issues that weren't PERTINENTLY pointed out by the sales rep on site.

The Chevy Spark has now done 50,000kms and only needed a cam sensor and eventually some wheel bearings @ 130,000kms.
    The Renault Logan has also done in excess of 50,000kms and needed some ball joints after 30,000kms of use.
    The Peugeot 207 needed a light relay.

Like I said, if you want an end-to-end experience with a salesman holding your hand and doing the paperwork at extreme cost, then by all means, approach a registsred dealer. I accept these vehicles as auction level items and I understand Caveat Emptor.
    I have no doubt that most of the cars that leave their floor give many trouble free miles. At the end of the day no one really cares about the car buying experience until something goes wrong.
    And yes, I suppose there are good and bad franchise dealers (I suppose that one could mitigate that by reading up a bit before buying from them).
    Of course "salesman holding your hand and doing the paperwork at extreme cost" is negotiable at the dealership when doing the deal (and if I look at the OP, it would appear the WBC does exactly the same thing?)
    As I say, I would not do business with any dealer who tries to wangle their way out of any liability for the products they sell before you even walk in the door. But horses for courses I guess...

I think their Midstream facility rent is in the R 0 000 000.00s per month

Thats quite an overhead component. You have to shift quite a bit of metal to cover that alone.
    There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range

Discovery and Range Rovers: SOLD: enough is enough

But horses for courses I guess...
    exactly

use them, don't use them, it's your choice, but claiming they are operating illegally implies you have evidence of such and are willing to make that claim via litigation
    Percivamus

exactly

use them, don't use them, it's your choice, but claiming they are operating illegally implies you have evidence of such and are willing to make that claim via litigation
    At no stage in any of my posts did I say they are operating illegally, I did state that, in my opinion, they are operating unethically, and I will stand by that.

exactly

Sjoe

Quote Originally Posted by PieterOos View Post
    Did you ask them first to remove all the additional items and to reissue the quote?

(I had many times in the past received quotes from dealers with additional items and every time it all was removed on my request to get to the 'base' price again. You don't have to accept it. (It is called 'upselling'.)
    Yes I did , dropped everything but the warranty still have to pay the R14000 plus the R16000 for tyres and the other fix prices License etc
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cor View Post
    Yes I did , dropped everything but the warranty still have to pay the R14000 plus the R16000 for tyres and the other fix prices License etc
    Hi Cor, just a question, did you decide to keep the warranty on the quote, or did they insist it must stay?

There is no point in fighting amoungst ourselves as to whether the cars are good or not or if you would buy from them.

Like all dealerships they will have some good cars and some bad cars. I would expect that a dealer like Petri would in general hold a "better" type of stock and WeSellCars to have a more"bottom" of the bin kind of stock, mainly because of there business models.

Buyer beware - some people are capable of and enjoy going bargain hunting and will win, while others prefer just to pay up for peace of mind.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hatjohan View Post
    Was not aware of the NASPERS take-over! When an how did that happened?

I must say, in the early years it was a pleasure dealing with them - could easily speak to the owners personal. Done and dusted!

http://www.702.co.za/articles/335136...llions-into-it

Also here

https://www.enca.com/business/nasper...ion-commission

The naspers investment is said to be around R1.4bn
    2007 Hilux 3.0d4d 4x4 DC - Mine
    2005 Hilux 3.0d4d 4x4 DC - Her's
    2008 3.2 did 4x4 DC Triton - Now with my Dad
    2006 Imagine Trailvan with Bunduawn 360

23. The Following User Says Thank You to rdp For This Useful Post:

Hi Cor, just a question, did you decide to keep the warranty on the quote, or did they insist it must stay?
    No I decided to keep , don,t no if they would have insist if I had not
    Using Tapatalk

25. The Following User Says Thank You to cor For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cor View Post
    I will walk away. (They probably used the same argument when buying the vehicle, offering less as 'tyres are gone' etc )
    Last edited by PieterOos; 2019/08/20 at 10:02 AM.

Not to highjack , but I am in the market for a BMW x4 they are hard to come by and therefore will consider a X5 In good condition . Anybody with experience on the running cost of the X5 tires etc ?
    Using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast