Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Overland Worx gets an A++

Quote Originally Posted by Gieds View Post
    Like you did?
    Type....delete.....type: See post # 5.

Quote Originally Posted by tgwinduna View Post
    All good and thanks very much for the praise Quint ......
    Last edited by Zapiture; 2019/08/22 at 10:16 AM.

Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

Default Re: Overland Worx gets an A++

Quote Originally Posted by BruceHun View Post
    Why would he? He was complimenting not complaining and Peter knows exactly who he is.
    Good God mate, I could argue that he is an employee of said company......not rocket science.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gieds For This Useful Post:

Bruce Hunter. 2021 Defender D240HSE,2019 FJ Cruiser, Audi Q5S Tdi, 2019 VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0tsi(work vehicle), Bush Lapa Kewer 2202, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha FT100hp 4st.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Please post your real name, it is only right if you are going to post a complaint like this.
    I've never heard of that being that case??
    Last edited by Skylark; 2019/08/22 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sonething_random View Post
    Thanks for the response, but firstly, I didn't know that you are the owner of OLW and as this is a public forum, I was merely just sharing my experience with other forum members.

As I said, this was my first time using OLW and if something was not done the first time, why would I believe that it would be done on the second attempt?

Why is it being turned around that I am the one to blame for not making contact? Surely a courtesy call to your client should be more acceptable? Even a private message from you to me on this forum could had of worked, but instead you also decided to respond to this thread.

In any event, I have resolved these issues on my vehicle, so thank-you for willingness to reslve my issues.

Mistakes happen - every company deserves an opportunity to rectify when delivery expectations are not met - before posting in a forum like this. Perfect example - I had them do extensive work to my D4 - adding an additional fuel tank and spare wheel carrier. Overall it was excellent. There were a few minor problems, which I pointed out to them and they went above and beyond what I asked in fixing them. There are companies that deserve a good shaming on social media - and that's when they consistently fail to deliver a proper service - but NOT when they make a mistake, without you privately attempting to address it first. This company is one of the few good ones - involved owner, passionate about their product and brand, and deliver excellent work - most of the time. When things go wrong, they fix it. That's my experience.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to heyyahhey For This Useful Post:

Good God mate, I could argue that he is an employee of said company......not rocket science.
    I can personally vouch that Quint is not employed by Peter.
    I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked.

That hub is sweating, not leaking and shouldn't be a concern. But if it bothers you, ask them to look at it.

Have you ever changed oils on gearboxes? It's very difficult not to have the gearbox look like that afterwards. Again, if that bothers you, ask them to clean it.

People tend to forget that its impossible to go through the entire car if its in for service. If there is something specific, tell the workshop!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MariusFourie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by albertvl View Post
    I can personally vouch that Quint is not employed by Peter.
    That was not the point I was trying to make, but I think you know that.

Once again I'm amazed at how quickly a thread can go off at a tangent...
    Ettienne de Kock

"ASK YOURSELF HOW OLD YOU'D BE IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THE DATE YOU WERE BORN" - Toby Keith

1998 Disco Tdi
    1959 SII 88"
    1975 Land Rover Air-Portable Lightweight
    197? RRC
    AND SWAMBO's Unmentionable Abomination

13. The Following User Says Thank You to EttiennedK For This Useful Post:

That was not the point I was trying to make, but I think you know that.
    I underlined the point.
    I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked.

sad times when we have to slate somebody publicly before making contact with them, a simple phone call would have been ample, your problems would have been sorted out, and both of you would be a lot happier. that sounds a lot more simple and i think would have been correct thing to do. but i am old school and might be wrong.
    2010 D4 V8 HSE
    2018 D/C CRUISER V8
    1290 KTM ADVENTURE R.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peter bee For This Useful Post:

Why is it being turned around that I am the one to blame for not making contact? Surely a courtesy call to your client should be more acceptable? .
    Hmmmm does your local butcher phone you to find out if the steak you bought was to your liking......

Really?

I always remind people that I didnít call them and ask if I could work on their Landy.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GaryFrank For This Useful Post:

i did buy frot milk the other day , i went back and was given a new bottle, problem solved. i did not go to some forum and have a vent, does not help you or the guys who were supposed to do whatever it was, a simple polite call or return to the shop will get you a lot further then a rant, plus you may have got a free valet of the bottom of you landy, or some sort of apology for the mistake, i am sure we all make mistakes, forget, nobody is perfect all the time, i just had my new v8 cruiser serviced at a toyota dealer, the guys broke off a wheel stud off my rear spacer, got a apology, and they going to replace it. am i pissed for sure i am, but mistakes happen, but should i post this dealer broke my new cruiser, no what for, we all big boys and can sort out stuff without a public rant, they made a mistake plane and simple,
    Last edited by peter bee; 2019/08/24 at 01:12 PM.
    2010 D4 V8 HSE
    2018 D/C CRUISER V8
    1290 KTM ADVENTURE R.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peter bee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by peter bee View Post
    sad times when we have to slate somebody publicly before making contact with them, a simple phone call would have been ample, your problems would have been sorted out, and both of you would be a lot happier. that sounds a lot more simple and i think would have been correct thing to do. but i am old school and might be wrong.
    Indeed. Viva old school. Enough said.

Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

Why is it that certain individuals can share their experiences, but when I share my experience, I get slated? Yet still none of you have answered my first question in my post? Just goes to show the objectivity of the individuals on this thread. I am not asking for any explanations from OLW, not looking for any freebies, just categorically stating what my experience was.

What has happened to the professional businesses that attend to issues the first time around? It appears that everyone has accepted that it is normal practice here in South Africa to always go back to a company a second or third time to attend to and resolve issues. As a consumer I want the job done right the first time, not the second or third time.

Do you want to know what is old school?
    1) Completing the job correctly the first time; and
    2) Customer service.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to sonething_random For This Useful Post:

ok so lets try solve your problem,

the wheel, to a old fool i would say that looks like brake fluid not oil, to clear,did they bleed your brakes, and is so were you charged for it.
    the ball joint, is stuffed , was it supposed to be changed, did you ask for it to be done, and again was it on your invoice and were you charged for it. you should have noticed it when collecting you landy and paid the bill.
    the gear box, well that a very normal looking landy box, they must have done work on it, the oil spill is when you fill or change oil, the thing is filled from the side, when its full it will overflow, so now you know its full and have a oil spill down the side. that box has old spills all over it, if it was all them , the oil would not be all over the top and would be a lot cleaner, that's not just one oil change oil one that box. i almost challenge you to find a old defender that does not look like that. it's a defender not a land cruiser, they leak oil to mark their territory.
    when you paid your final bill, you must have had a look at what you were charged for, you must have noticed what was done, was the ball joint on the job card, did you ask for it to be changed, and they just plain forgot to do it and charge you for it, did you ask to have your brakes done, was it on the job card, the oil, well that just plain standard land rover.
    please let us know, i am sure we would like your problem sorted out if your were treated unfairly.
    2010 D4 V8 HSE
    2018 D/C CRUISER V8
    1290 KTM ADVENTURE R.

Why is it that certain individuals can share their experiences, but when I share my experience, I get slated? Yet still none of you have answered my first question in my post? Just goes to show the objectivity of the individuals on this thread. I am not asking for any explanations from OLW, not looking for any freebies, just categorically stating what my experience was.

What has happened to the professional businesses that attend to issues the first time around? It appears that everyone has accepted that it is normal practice here in South Africa to always go back to a company a second or third time to attend to and resolve issues. As a consumer I want the job done right the first time, not the second or third time.

2) Customer service.
    Mistakes have always happened, and will always happen. Even from the best.

How its handled from both ends, makes the difference.

Seeing this point of view, there was no need to get bashed. he wasnt asking for anything.

I should think that we can state some facts. I mean if you say the service is bad because you want to get to an end point then all fair and square, you should have approached the repair shop first..

2) Customer service.

Great entertainment for a Monday morning... thanks guys, you made my day ;-)
    Isuzu KB250 DTEQ 4x2 -2018 - Current
    Isuzu KB250 DTEQ 4x4 -2013 - Sold

i am not bashing anybody, but only trying to find out why he things he was treated so badly, my questions i think will help, he asked for advice or opened himself up for a few questions , so i am asking. nothing personal just doing what i think will help. he obviously thinks he had lousy service so i would like to know what he asked to be done and what was done and charged for. and what was done and not charged for.
    2010 D4 V8 HSE
    2018 D/C CRUISER V8
    1290 KTM ADVENTURE R.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast