Touareg engine swap. - Page 3





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 52 of 52
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kathu
    Age
    58
    Posts
    9,229
    Thanked: 2737

    Default Re: Touareg engine swap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiaan Pot View Post
    The VW 3l V6 Diesel engine is the best engine every built, that is why its used in so many VW models. From A4, Q5 , Touaregs and now even the Amarok .

    Do you really think a company like VW would do something like that if an engine like that has not proven itself over and over again ?

    This not just the opinion of the owners, this is facts.
    Please read my post I have not referred to any VW engine. I have my made up my view of the Touareg from what I read here on the forum and a person who I knows well. All those little nitty gritty things that keeps go wrong and needs lots of attention. It is an expensive vehicle to maintain.

    Maar kom ons los dit daar dit is maar net my persoonlike opinie.
    Last edited by grips; 2019/09/03 at 01:24 PM.
    It is not what you buy its what you build.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,640
    Thanked: 8618

    Default Re: Touareg engine swap.

    Quote Originally Posted by grips View Post
    Maar kom ons los dit daar dit is maar net my persoonlike opinie.
    You should know by now that expressing a personal opinion is just not allowed on the forum
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

    2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range Building for Touring, not Trails

    FJ: One day when I am big

    Land Rovers: Done unfortunately

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:


  4. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    57
    Posts
    37,007
    Thanked: 12815

    Default Re: Touareg engine swap.

    Quote Originally Posted by grips View Post
    Please read my post I have not referred to any VW engine. I have my made up my view of the Touareg from what I read here on the forum and a person who I knows well. All those little nitty gritty things that keeps go wrong and needs lots of attention. It is an expensive vehicle to maintain.

    Maar kom ons los dit daar dit is maar net my persoonlike opinie.
    I agree, all those little gadgets get old and fail. Also just my experience of vehicles with too much "stuff".
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to jelo For This Useful Post:


  6. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East London
    Age
    35
    Posts
    17,080
    Thanked: 2419

    Default Re: Touareg engine swap.

    Most of the touaregs on the forum are more than ten years old. And most are running with minimal issues.

    For such a complicated vehicle, it is testament to the great design and reliability of it.

    How many ten+ year old Rangies, or similar class vehicle are still running as reliably as the tregs?

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to MariusFourie For This Useful Post:


  8. #45
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    East London
    Age
    68
    Posts
    2,365
    Thanked: 3004

    Default Re: Touareg engine swap.

    Touaregs are rubbish!

    Mine now stands at only 419000 and it has cost me an absolute fortune to keep running.
    Apart from service items, I have had to replace the following:
    1. Thermostat - R3.5k
    2. Suspension compressor - R7k
    3. Front brake disks - R4k (Powerbrake)
    4. 2 x Batteries - R4.5k
    5. Window winder cable - R750


    To add to my misery, it now has a leaking AC pipe and an oil leak.

    Real rubbish!
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Martin Luther king Jr

    2006 VW Touareg V10 TDi
    (currently done more than 407 000 km)

  9. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Kimberley / Edenvale
    Posts
    116
    Thanked: 94

    Default Re: Touareg engine swap.

    Quote Originally Posted by 4eTouareg View Post
    Touaregs are rubbish!

    Mine now stands at only 419000 and it has cost me an absolute fortune to keep running.
    Apart from service items, I have had to replace the following:
    1. Thermostat - R3.5k
    2. Suspension compressor - R7k
    3. Front brake disks - R4k (Powerbrake)
    4. 2 x Batteries - R4.5k
    5. Window winder cable - R750


    To add to my misery, it now has a leaking AC pipe and an oil leak.

    Real rubbish!
    You are being over critical here. Expect for the thermostat and compressor the rest can be almost been seen as maintenance items . Not many cars go over 300k km and here you have one with 400k km. For me just a testament to the German quality.

    Please have the oil leak fix as soon as possible it could lead to mayor damage if you drive than engine with a low oil level.

  10. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    57
    Posts
    37,007
    Thanked: 12815

    Default Re: Touareg engine swap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiaan Pot View Post
    You are being over critical here. Expect for the thermostat and compressor the rest can be almost been seen as maintenance items . Not many cars go over 300k km and here you have one with 400k km. For me just a testament to the German quality.

    Please have the oil leak fix as soon as possible it could lead to mayor damage if you drive than engine with a low oil level.
    I don't think you realise he was joking.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  11. #48
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    East London
    Age
    68
    Posts
    2,365
    Thanked: 3004

    Default Re: Touareg engine swap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiaan Pot View Post
    .

    Please have the oil leak fix as soon as possible it could lead to mayor damage if you drive than engine with a low oil level.
    The stupid POS warns me when the oil level is low.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Martin Luther king Jr

    2006 VW Touareg V10 TDi
    (currently done more than 407 000 km)

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4eTouareg For This Useful Post:


  13. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    kb
    Posts
    6
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Touareg engine swap.

    Thank you for the reply all.

    Seems like having trouble looking for the same engine.

    I am wondering if Audi Q7 3.0 TDI can be use to replace my 3.0 TDI Touareg engine?

    Anyone know?

  14. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    edenvale
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,460
    Thanked: 221

    Default Re: Touareg engine swap.

    Quote Originally Posted by juell86 View Post
    Thank you for the reply all.

    Seems like having trouble looking for the same engine.

    I am wondering if Audi Q7 3.0 TDI can be use to replace my 3.0 TDI Touareg engine?

    Anyone know?

    you do realise they are the same car under the skin and badges ? even the Cayenne 3.0 TDI will fit

    if you match the years and engine code (three ALPHA characters, easiest obtained from the manufacturers build sticker in the trunk alongside the spare wheel) it will drop right in, i would recommend you identify the codes on the donor engines injectors as you will need to update the transplantee ecu with the new injector parameters and perform a learning on the turbo actuator and intake manifold valves and then it will be fine (anyone with VCDS can do this, its not a dealer task and ross tech has a how to on their site)

    it doesnt get any easier than putting audi 3.0 tdi into VW 3.0 tdi engine bay

  15. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,727
    Thanked: 358

    Default Re: Touareg engine swap.

    Quote Originally Posted by juell86 View Post
    Thank you for the reply all.

    Seems like having trouble looking for the same engine.

    I am wondering if Audi Q7 3.0 TDI can be use to replace my 3.0 TDI Touareg engine?

    Anyone know?
    Short answer is yes, but would it not be better to get an expert to look at the car in current condition first? Maybe it is not a huge complicated problem and can be solved for less than a replacement engine would cost. Again these 3.0 TDi engines the their core are very reliable and difficult to kill. Sure some of the ancillaries do fail but know is better than guessing in my opinion.

    Speak to Stephan, he will sort you out, one way or another.

    '12 Audi Q5 3.0 TDi quattro stock standard

    '07 VW Touareg (T2) 3.0 V6 TDi (BKS), Air Suspension, Centre and Rear diff locks, DeCAT, 265-65R17 muds - Sold

    '01 Jeep WJ Limited 4.7 V8 with some bits - Sold
    '83 Range Rover Classic 3dr 3.5 V8 Rust bucket - Sold

  16. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    57
    Posts
    37,007
    Thanked: 12815

    Default Re: Touareg engine swap.

    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •