This VW/Ford NON-SENSE regarding Amarok - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: This VW/Ford NON-SENSE regarding Amarok

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Your'e joking right - 86/BRZ

Both may look the part, but that's as far as it goes. Sheep in wolves clothing, compared to real sports cars where is the taught chassis and handling.

How can you can even compare a MX5 with those two modified Collolas.
    I am no fan of either but have you driven an 86?
    We can't change the wind but we can set our sails

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Theron View Post
    I am no fan of either but have you driven an 86?
    NO, but there are people on this forum that I know that have that really know cars.

Driving instructors nog al.

They are desirable and cute, and I like them, but by the time you have added extras and mods to turn them into a half decent sports car you may as well have just bought one.
    Last edited by Fluffy; 2019/08/13 at 09:32 PM.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

NO, but there are people on this forum that I know that have that really know cars.

They are desirable and cute, and I like them, but by the time you have added extras and mods to turn them into a half decent sports car you may as well have just bought one.
    I'm no driving instructor, but calling an 86 a modified Corolla and complaining about its handling is being flippant in my opinion. It is rear wheel drive for starters. But I guess you wanted to diss it for some reason only known to you.

Again, I don't particularly like the car, but it handles well and compares extremely well to the MX5. But I'm no driving instructor so I might have it all wrong.

I'm no driving instructor, but calling an 86 a modified Corolla and complaining about its handling is being flippant in my opinion. It is rear wheel drive for starters. But I guess you wanted to diss it for some reason only known to you.

Again, I don't particularly like the car, but it handles well and compares extremely well to the MX5. But I'm no driving instructor so I might have it all wrong.
    What’s up bud. Once again, totally unprovoked, you choose to attack me personally. Leave me alone.

I happen to think it’s a sheep in wolfs clothing and it’s a wannabe poser, just like a Tiburon, but that’s my opinion. Unlike you I said I actually like it.

I have absolutely no idea how you can think it compares EXTREMELY well to a MX5.

—————-

Back on topic, I happen to think a Ford VW collaboration for a bakkie would be very good - FOR FORD
    Last edited by Fluffy; 2019/08/13 at 10:13 PM.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    A V6 and an inline 4

The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

What’s up bud. Once again, totally unprovoked, you choose to attack me personally. Leave me alone.

I happen to think it’s a sheep in wolfs clothing and it’s a wannabe poser, just like a Tiburon, but that’s my opinion. Unlike you I said I actually like it.

I have absolutely no idea how you can think it compares

I don't own a 86 or even a Toyota and i doubt i will, but I have owned an MX5 and the 86 is a stiffer chassis than the MX5 and it corners flatter.
    You've never driven an 86 but you're an expert on it?

Modified corolla What part of the engine/drivetrain/chassis/suspension is shared with a Corolla?
    A Tiburon (like a corolla) is front wheel drive and now that you've put it in the same bracket as an 86/BRZ or MX5 its clear you actually don't know what you're talking about... i suppose empty vessels make the most noise.
    Last edited by BrusselSprout; 2019/08/14 at 06:35 AM.

Title of this thread:

"This VW/Ford NON-SENSE regarding Amarok"

If you want to argue about your perceived knowledge / opinions of other vehicles (not related to the thread), please take it elsewhere.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Martin Luther king Jr

2006 VW Touareg V10 TDi
    (currently done more than 407 000 km)

Also wanted to ask, can you guys please move this discussion to the Toy or Mazda section? Thanks.

Groetnis

Koos

Whatís up bud. Once again, totally unprovoked, you choose to attack me personally. Leave me alone.

I happen to think itís a sheep in wolfs clothing and itís a wannabe poser, just like a Tiburon, but thatís my opinion. Unlike you I said I actually like it.

I have absolutely no idea how you can think it compares EXTREMELY well to a MX5.
    Sorry 4E but I have to answer on this.

Uncle Keith, I don't see any personal attack. I do have a problem with your statement though, which was rediculous. To comment on the handling of a car you haven't even driven is just over the top!

Quote Originally Posted by BrusselSprout View Post
    I don't own a 86 or even a Toyota and i doubt i will, but I have owned an MX5 and the 86 is a stiffer chassis than the MX5 and it corners flatter.
    You've never driven an 86 but you're an expert on it?

Modified corolla What part of the engine/drivetrain/chassis/suspension is shared with a Corolla?
    A Tiburon (like a corolla) is front wheel drive and now that you've put it in the same bracket as an 86/BRZ or MX5 its clear you actually don't know what you're talking about... i suppose empty vessels make the most noise.
    It’s a figure of speech, not a literal comparison.

Whilst I haven’t driven a 86 i have driven a MX5 and many other fast sporty cars and presently own a proper sports car with a taught chassis, frequently used for drifting. I am also a car nut and watch and read every single thing I can get hold of.

As far as the empty vessel goes, what’s up, I haven’t attached you or anybody personally ?
    Last edited by Fluffy; 2019/08/14 at 08:28 AM.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    A V6 and an inline 4

Sorry 4E but I have to answer on this.

Uncle Keith, I don't see any personal attack. I do have a problem with your statement though, which was rediculous. To comment on the handling of a car you haven't even driven is just over the top!
    Speak to Engel on this forum.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    A V6 and an inline 4

Quote Originally Posted by 4eTouareg View Post
    Title of this thread:

"This VW/Ford NON-SENSE regarding Amarok"

If you want to argue about your perceived knowledge / opinions of other vehicles (not related to the thread), please take it elsewhere.
    Sorry if I derailed the discussion .
    It started off by my statement that collaborations of the nature as is the topic of this fred, does not result in memorable vehicles. Now I am not enough of a petrol head that I can really substantiate that - but thanks to Fluffy and others that tried to do that.
    So, back to topic. The only collaboration that resulted in memorable products that I am aware of with my limited knowledge, is between VW, Porsche, Audi and Bugatti (and maybe a few other below my radar).

Speak to Engel on this forum.
    Having had some proper seat team in a GT 86 I was very surprised that anyone would make such claims regarding the handling. The engine is a let down for sure, way down on power if you are used to modern turbo charged hot hatches but what the GT 86 lack in raw engine power output it more than makes up for with its driving dynamics. A GT 86 going flat out around a track is way more fun than going fast in straight lines in front wheel drive hatch. If I had the money it would be a hard choice between a MX5 and GT 86 as both are brilliant in terms of handling.

Just did some research on the Driving Instructor Engel. Well from only reading a few of his posts that I found he clearly has a dislike for anything from Japan so I would not value his opinion much.

The Amarok is amazing bakkie, and still today way ahead of the two top sellers in terms of refinement and technology . The V6 is by far the new benchmark in this sector . Unfortunately your average bakkie buyer still today signs on the dotted line at the Toyota and Ford dealerships, probably because they perceive them to better value proportions with lower cost of ownership. But I can promise you every time an Amarok V6 comes past , oom Frik in two tone shirt wishes that he could rather be behind that steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by hatjohan View Post
    Sorry if I derailed the discussion .
    It started off by my statement that collaborations of the nature as is the topic of this fred, does not result in memorable vehicles. Now I am not enough of a petrol head that I can really substantiate that - but thanks to Fluffy and others that tried to do that.
    So, back to topic. The only collaboration that resulted in memorable products that I am aware of with my limited knowledge, is between VW, Porsche, Audi and Bugatti (and maybe a few other below my radar).
    Audi and Lamborgini

Back to the OP...got an email address as i will join you, mine now done 235k and ive had it since new, i dont even want a new Rok, this one is still awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Beurvoort View Post
    My second Amarok has now reached 221 k km, and still grows on me, which is the reason I am staring this thread. Let me just from the start say, I have nothing against the Ford Ranger, and it would probably be my second choice DC.

The news that VW is considering (or decided) to base the next Amarok on the Ranger is just bad news for me, and over this past weekend I discussed the issue with two other Amarok owners. They echoed my sentiments. The identity of the Amarok being German engineered would be gone.

I do not only think, but know VW is going to learn the X class/ Navara lesson all over again. I think the problem started with VW marketing the Amarok under the Commercial umbrella. Under this umbrella it would not be strange to have joint agreements with other manufacturers, as these are after all commercial vehicles were identity does not count that much, but rather dealer network and back up. The Amarok should be falling under the passenger vehicle umbrella, because essentially (the DC) it is bought as an alternative to an SUV and therefore a family passenger vehicle with off road capabilities and practicality. It has drawn customers like me based on the identity of it being a thoroughbred VW. In other words many of the customers like me are brand ambassadors (having owned, and still owning 10 other VW products). The Fordrok will definitely not appeal to us, and may even lead someone like me to move away from the brand in total.

I am feeling so strong about this, that I believe those VW enthusiasts who echoes my sentiments, should join me in sending e-mails to the VW CEO in voicing our opinion about this issue. VW please wake up and have a serious chat with your brand marketing department. You are going to lose customers, and it will not only be restricted to Amarok buyers.

Groetnis

Koos
    2013 Amarok 132kw 4 motion auto with alterations
    2010 Mitsubishi PajeroSport with alterations to keep Swambo safe

Jsut wondering who has the most experience with bakkies in SA? ord or VW

Quote Originally Posted by Kortgat View Post
    The days of VAG building over engineered vehicles with little expense spared are gone. Dieselgate etc. has cost them a lot of money and it's now an era of savings. It's simply much cheaper to develop a vehicle together with another major player. Their products going forward are not going to be what they used to be, my best guess is that everything is being done with cost savings at the forefront whilst trying to push perceived quality.
    Why would it be perceived quality?

If VW are going to push a new bakkie, whether in collaboration with Ford or any other manufacturer, they sure as hell will make sure it's still a quality product. At this stage, after all the Dieselgate losses they can't afford to have impressions of lower quality floating around, I think.
    *** ADMIN REMOVED ***

Those 2 brands belong together ..Just leave the Hilux alone

Quote Originally Posted by Kortgat View Post
    The days of VAG building over engineered vehicles with little expense spared are gone. Dieselgate etc. has cost them a lot of money and it's now an era of savings. It's simply much cheaper to develop a vehicle together with another major player. Their products going forward are not going to be what they used to be, my best guess is that everything is being done with cost savings at the forefront whilst trying to push perceived quality.
    Goedkoper vir die vervaardigers ja, maar nie vir die kopers nie. Meer wins vir die vervaardigers dit is al

Tweedens met die verkope: hou in gedagte Amarok verkoop net dubbel kajuit bakkies, en hoe vergelyk dit met die ander make
    Piet the Camper
    Bl 24

Quote Originally Posted by cpsadrian View Post
    Back to the OP...got an email address as i will join you, mine now done 235k and ive had it since new, i dont even want a new Rok, this one is still awesome
    Thanks. As soon as I get it, I will share, or if you get one please share.

Groetnis

Koos

Quote Originally Posted by unrealchris View Post
    Jsut wondering who has the most experience with bakkies in SA? ord or VW
    As I have said before. This not a Ranger vs Amarok thread. If I wanted a Ford I would have had one parked in my driveway.

Groetnis

Koos

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast