Joburg riots - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Joburg riots

Default Re: Joburg riots

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Venter View Post
    Hulle moet net geskiet word en klaar , kom van ander lande af en wil dan nog n se he hier in SA.
    That is why a wall is not a bad idea
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.

That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by DonOt View Post

VRAAG:
    Wat is die verskil tussen die Apartheid's riots en deesdae se riots ...?

ANTWOORD:
    Die fotos is nou in kleur.
    Nee

In die ou dae was die polisie nie geskiet nie
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jelo For This Useful Post:

self deleted
    Last edited by jelo; 2019/09/11 at 09:59 AM.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jelo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Secondly: how the hell do all those goods come sailing past SARS and the Port Authority and Customs & Excise?
    This isn't stuff sneaked in inside some luggage, it's containers full.

thank about that as well.
    I doubt that any jurisdiction has the resources to open every container and carefully go through the contents. Having said that, we all know that SARS was hollowed out by Moyane and Co. So the capacity and intellectual capital to try and identify which containers to search on a test basis was severely diminished. I understand Mark Kingon and Edward Kieswetter are trying to rebuild that capacity - of course the PP is doing her best to challenge EK's appointment.

2015 Suzuki Grand Vitara Summit M/T

Quote Originally Posted by Ian.McM View Post
    I doubt that any jurisdiction has the resources to open every container and carefully go through the contents. Having said that, we all know that SARS was hollowed out by Moyane and Co. So the capacity and intellectual capital to try and identify which containers to search on a test basis was severely diminished. I understand Mark Kingon and Edward Kieswetter are trying to rebuild that capacity - of course the PP is doing her best to challenge EK's appointment.
    I would think SARS, Customs and excise, and SAPS all have that jurisdiction through correct process?
    "The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

- Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick L View Post
    I would think SARS, Customs and excise, and SAPS all have that jurisdiction through correct process?
    They have the legal right / power in that sense of jurisdiction. What I meant was that no customs authority has the manpower or equipment to open and examine every container in detail. Hence one does it on a test basis or as a result of tip offs or intelligence generated by analysing import patterns etc.

Of course the PP would have us believe that only the NIA has the constitutional power to conduct ANY form of intelligence service or activity.

2015 Suzuki Grand Vitara Summit M/T

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian.McM For This Useful Post:

Default Joburg riots

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Secondly: how the hell do all those goods come sailing past SARS and the Port Authority and Customs & Excise?
    This isn't stuff sneaked in inside some luggage, it's containers full.

thank about that as well.
    A friend of mine sells locally made t-shirts and obviously Chinese imports favored by the anc and da are a big source of competition to him.

He tells me that there are pretty well established tariffs at the ports to smuggle in a container. Around 100k for a container that can have thousands of t shirts. Think the duty should be around 25%
    Last edited by stephenplumb; 2019/08/02 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenplumb View Post
    A friend of mine sells locally made t-shirts and obviously Chinese imports favored by the anc and da are a big source of competition to him.

He tells me that there are pretty well established tariffs at the ports to smuggle in a container. Around 100k for a container that can have thousands of t shirts. Think the dirt should be around 25%
    Do yourself a favour and have a look at the cars that those gov officials drive.
    LC 78 Troopie 1HD-FTE
    Uniglide
    +27 zero eight 2 four 95 9252

The behaviour of those cops were disgraceful. No wonder nobody has any respect for our cops anymore. Are these guys not trained in crowd control?
    Pajero 4 LWB
    The most important thing to do if you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging (Warren Buffet)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian.McM View Post
    They have the legal right / power in that sense of jurisdiction. What I meant was that no customs authority has the manpower or equipment to open and examine every container in detail. Hence one does it on a test basis or as a result of tip offs or intelligence generated by analysing import patterns etc.

Of course the PP would have us believe that only the NIA has the constitutional power to conduct ANY form of intelligence service or activity.
    It's all about corruption. You pay the border Police and your container goes through. You don't pay, you get targeted and your container stands there for a week, they unpack your goods and break the fragile goods and you pay for storage, unpacking and you loose turnover while this is going on. So while your legal goods are being abused the fakes and copies are sailing past.
    Fortuner 4.0 V6
    Ford Transit Panelvan(Modern version of the Passion Wagon)
    AG 388
    NEVER GIVE UP !

Where are the days..shamboks, dogs, water canons, rubber bullets and tear gas.

No we need google "mini gun" select videos. But no one trained for anything
    Riku
    2011 Echo4 with Blinkgat Nose cone and

Quote Originally Posted by duncang View Post
    Define fake ?
    made in exact imitation of something valuable with the intention to deceive or defraud.

a fraudulent imitation of something else

To forge; to copy or imitate, without authority or right, and with a view to deceive or defraud, by passing the copy or tiling forged for that which is original or genuine.
    If Force is not the solution, not enough of it was applied....

It's not going perfect but it is going!

Our inner cities are being taken back.

It is a good thing.
    Dash Fibre: Doing internet differently, drawing customers with best price, keeping customers with best service.

Our cops are not doing a proper job, that is a fact

But I must be honest each time our cops stood up and protected themselves they have later been nailed
    What happened at Marikana was horrible but our government has directly placed all the blame on the cops

Then you look at what happened at the University strikes where people attacked the cops again and even took their gear to attack them
    And out of how many people that was involved with violent actions only a few were brought to trail.

So SA government is working hard to insure that the only thing a cop can do without being taken to court is take a bribe
    2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT
    Forester nutter here so watch out

Please remember that I think I'm funny
    (most people don't agree)
    thus take 90% of what I post with 2 pinches of salt

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Veneficus For This Useful Post:

I had some business in JHB Central last week and because I forgot that the M2 is closed I had to take a detour through Newtown, Braamfontein and the heart of Hillbrow all the way to End street.

It is not a pleasant place to be. I don't know how law and order can be maintained in those areas. The police have an impossible task out there...
    If Force is not the solution, not enough of it was applied....

Quote Originally Posted by Pietsweis View Post
    I had some business in JHB Central last week and because I forgot that the M2 is closed I had to take a detour through Newtown, Braamfontein and the heart of Hillbrow all the way to End street.

It is not a pleasant place to be. I don't know how law and order can be maintained in those areas. The police have an impossible task out there...
    As with most of the problems in the country, left too long and the roots are deep now.

Unfortunately there is not going to be a diplomatic solution to uprooting and chaning mind sets of who is supposed to run things.
    Riku
    2011 Echo4 with Blinkgat Nose cone and

How is the safety situation now? Should we take any precautions coming from Botswana (N4).

Quote Originally Posted by jorisv View Post
    How is the safety situation now? Should we take any precautions coming from Botswana (N4).
    This is not an issue where most people are being attacked in General
    And so far as I know it is not border related

This is happening in centralized city sections where there is shops that could be owned by non SA citizens

So pretty much most of the normal places someone would use to "see SA" would be fine

One of the other sad facts is what came out in news article showing that 10 out of 12 victims from the xenophobic attacks have been SA citizens

https://www.iafrica.com/xenophobic-a...south-african/
    2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT
    Forester nutter here so watch out

Please remember that I think I'm funny
    (most people don't agree)
    thus take 90% of what I post with 2 pinches of salt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2