Diesel Upington, Springbok en Vioolsdrift

Default Diesel Upington, Springbok en Vioolsdrift

Goeie dag, ons gaan einde Augustus die Namakwa Eko roete doen en wil graag weet.Waar om diesel op Upington en Springbok in te gooi wat die billikste prys is?Is diesel beskikbaar op Vioolsdrift? Indien nie gaan baie mense na Noordower wat goedkoper is maar die vraag is, moet jy alle gelde betaal om Namibia in te gaan indien wel is dit mos nie goedkoper nie.Wie het nou kort die roete gedoen wat kan verslag doen oor die paaie en moets en moetsnie?

Default Re: Diesel Upington, Springbok en Vioolsdrift

There is no longer any fuel available at Vioolsdrift (or Rooiwal).
    Closest fuel is at Steinkopf - 70km from Vioolsdrift / 20km from Springbok
    You can cross the border to get fuel at Noordoewer, but border officials are sometimes sticky about allowing jerry cans.
    There is a Namibian cross border fee of R295 per vehicle (if I remember correctly!) which they sometimes let you off paying if you are just going to Noordoewer and back, but sometimes insist you pay. Depends upon who you get on the day. Also require ZA sticker.

The eco-trail intersects the N7 about 50km from Steinkopf so it's probably easier & time saving to just fill at Steinkopf.

regards,
    Dave
    Dave Lehr
    Richtersveld Wilderness Camp
    Lexus LX470 (OMG did that camelthorn just scratch the pearl duco!?)
    Toyota Landcruiser 80GXP (aaaagh why did I sell it!!?)
    2 x Landrover SIII Shorties (still my favorites - and they keep the tools oiled)
    Plus a couple of Range Rover HSE's and Disco's in my time...but please don't remind me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Learjet For This Useful Post: