3.2 hill start assist binding

Default 3.2 hill start assist binding

Howzit all. This is a bit of a strange one but I need your guys advice. Tonight afterwork colleague of mine had his T6 3.2 manual acting up a bit. My first assumption is it is as though the hill start assist was binding. During stop start traffic on two occasions when trying to pull away, he released clutch and when trying to pull away its as though the wheels were locked up (like brakes engaged). Second time apparently was way worse, had to resort to switch car on and off and pumping brakes ( note brakes werent losing pressure...the hill start assist just wasn't letting go [we assume]). Now here's where it gets tricky ... a few km after that.. on the highway doing 120km/h he felt as though the rear left locked up when his foot wasnt even near the brakes...as in brought him to a stand still.
    This just peculiar and we will obviously take the car in to be looked at... I'm just trying to figure out what it may be as he has a trip planned for tomorrow morning and if this is something major logic would be he rather take my 2.2 for the weekend.

Has any one ever experienced such on any of the Ford's?

Thanks all for input.

Default Re: 3.2 hill start assist binding

Just by the way... update: a pin came loose or broke off in the drum...lining was binding intermittently.

Guess it was a "If you hear hooves think horses not zebras" moment.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Avg_oke For This Useful Post:

Default Re: 3.2 hill start assist binding

Thanks for the update. It is always good to hear the solution. We sometimes forget to post that as well.