Also now part of the Wolfpack. V6 Amarok. - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Also now part of the Wolfpack. V6 Amarok.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Congratulations

mine has done 10000km now, and I canít stop smiling.

had mine in moz last week end, it just loves the sand.
    Almost certain I saw your car turning left onto Witkoppen from Rivonia yesterday about 1pm. Looks beaut!

Congrats to the OP
    2018 VW Amarok V6 Auto 4Motion
    2011 VW Golf GTI DSG
    2007 VW Golf GTI
    2003 VW Citi Life

It is such a different drive to the Hilux!

Much softer drive.

So much power!

I must behave.

This makes me want to be young and naughty.

Meet Rocky.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190831_103433.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	220.7 KB 
ID:	539087   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190831_103636.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	288.3 KB 
ID:	539088  
    Last edited by Mal Hannes; 2019/08/31 at 11:37 AM.
    Dash Fibre: Doing internet differently, drawing customers with best price, keeping customers with best service.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mal Hannes For This Useful Post:

Awesome, best colour for an Extreme. Just wish they will offer that colour for the other models as well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to clubbie For This Useful Post:

It does not have much extreme branding on only the carpets but it has all the extreme gadgets.
    Dash Fibre: Doing internet differently, drawing customers with best price, keeping customers with best service.

I now want to get rid of canopy get an extreme styling bar and an armidilo.

Congratulations!
    I like the colour
    Jeep Wrangler TJ
    Volvo XC60
    Amarok AWD

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeanvn For This Useful Post:

Congrats Hannes. Enjoy! Your towing questions have been answered!
    We can't change the wind but we can set our sails

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Francois Theron For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Hannes View Post
    It is such a different drive to the Hilux!

Much softer drive.

So much power!

I must behave.

This makes me want to be young and naughty.

Meet Rocky.
    Awesome stuff!!! Looks great. The extreme has the ergonomic seats from the Passat, yes?

Now you will understand why those of us that have (and do) owned Amaroks regularly say "there is nothing else like it"!!!!
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nys For This Useful Post:

Talking Re: Also now part of the Wolfpack. V6 Amarok.

So after a long search, a few brandies and a very hot headed decision (that I am still begging forgiveness for from SWAMBO), I finally own my dream Amarok. Beast of v6 in extreme trim and Blue offcourse. This is my 4th amarok and by far the best. Can't really put my finger on why its so good.....

Only issue I have with it at this stage is the 20"rims and the lack of proper options for A/T tires. So I am looking around for a set of 17"s to replace the 20s. They are super uncomfortable on gravel and the tires also don't last like A/T's as they are focused on performance. I have been looking at getting spacers and fitting larger 275 55 r20's but at the end of the day you just don't get the sidewall height that 17s offer and I don't like spacers all that much as it might start looking like a local raptor.

Anyhow, it goes like a bat out of hell and ATM have already been kind enough to remove the CAT and DPF. Maybe once I am forgiven I will test my luck again by fitting a desert suspension kit. any other suspensions been fitted on the V6 out there?

Some pics....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V6_1.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	347.1 KB 
ID:	543594   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V6_2.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	308.7 KB 
ID:	543595   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V6_3.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	397.6 KB 
ID:	543596   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V6_4.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	366.6 KB 
ID:	543597  
    2017 VW Amarok V6 Extreme

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PierreSN For This Useful Post:

Very nice rigs. Do you know if 17inch is an option? I would have thought the disc brakes are a lot bigger on the v6 and with the higher tow rating it might have much larger discs than the other amaroks?

I have just bought a ski boat that comes in at 1750kgs empty and probably close to 2 tons with a bit of tackle and fuel on board. The trusty old 90kw actually tows it quite well around JHB once I remember to disengage the trailer handbrake, but the v6 does start to look appealing once you need to drive back to JHB with the rig on the rear.

Like you however the madam was not best pleased with the Ski boat acquisition, and so now probably not a good time for vehicle acquisition!

Congrats Pierre

Living the dream.

Groetnis

Koos

Quote Originally Posted by PierreSN View Post
    So after a long search, a few brandies and a very hot headed decision (that I am still begging forgiveness for from SWAMBO), I finally own my dream Amarok. Beast of v6 in extreme trim and Blue offcourse. This is my 4th amarok and by far the best. Can't really put my finger on why its so good.....

Only issue I have with it at this stage is the 20"rims and the lack of proper options for A/T tires. So I am looking around for a set of 17"s to replace the 20s. They are super uncomfortable on gravel and the tires also don't last like A/T's as they are focused on performance. I have been looking at getting spacers and fitting larger 275 55 r20's but at the end of the day you just don't get the sidewall height that 17s offer and I don't like spacers all that much as it might start looking like a local raptor.

Anyhow, it goes like a bat out of hell and ATM have already been kind enough to remove the CAT and DPF. Maybe once I am forgiven I will test my luck again by fitting a desert suspension kit. any other suspensions been fitted on the V6 out there?

Some pics....

Welcome, Pierre! I also have the blue V6 Extreme, and love it. Have about 13,000km on it now. I have the Bushtech canopy, which I'm slowly fitting out as money allows. So far just the fridge slide and a 60L National Luna!

Please keep us all posted about what you do with your rims? I also have the 20-inch, and only done about 50km on gravel so far. My plan is to get 17-inch or 18-inch (I believe 17-inch is the smallest we can go due to brake disc size); also as cash allows.

Have you enquired about any warranty issue with removing the CAT? It's also something I'm considering...

Have fun, and congrats!
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Ama-newbie View Post
    Welcome, Pierre! I also have the blue V6 Extreme, and love it. Have about 13,000km on it now. I have the Bushtech canopy, which I'm slowly fitting out as money allows. So far just the fridge slide and a 60L National Luna!

Please keep us all posted about what you do with your rims? I also have the 20-inch, and only done about 50km on gravel so far. My plan is to get 17-inch or 18-inch (I believe 17-inch is the smallest we can go due to brake disc size); also as cash allows.

Have you enquired about any warranty issue with removing the CAT? It's also something I'm considering...

Have fun, and congrats!
    Rob
    My canopy is purely for the dogs, hunting and the odd weekend stuff so for now its kitted for hunting and I am making some changes to it to suite that need. I would however look at doing the Seiekel tailgate seal kit, on recent longer and faster driving gravel trips it does suck in some dust through the tail gate. So the seikel seal kit looks like a definate.

The option is there to fit 17s on a new purchase v6. And I have seen several with 17s on, be it VW original rims or aftermarket rims. But I think 17s are the limit with the discs.

The CAT and warranty issue is another thing. If there is a warranty claim of sorts they could then leverage a decline based on the CAT and DPF being removed. ATM do however cut open and weld the CAT in such a manner that a technician would need to remove the entire CAT to see the weld and this is not a quick task. Stripping out the CAT and downpipe is long job. I have just always removed the CAT's from my amaroks as a preventative measure.

Thus far I have only done about 2000kms and its been great. My previous amarok had the mikem suspension with Bilsteins. Its a much firmer ride and more composed than the standard suspension, but if I ever do a suspension upgrade again it would be a proper set up with extended shocks up front to avoid the shock from running out of travel like my old van had. I believe in AUS bilstein is developing an amarok upgrade kit to be released soon that will entail longer shocks with more travel.

To Stephen - I didn't even feel that boat behind me and still out accelerated some rival bakkies on the highway.......

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PierreSN For This Useful Post:

I've got a question for those of you with the V6. I am contemplating switching to an Amarok again (Swambo keeps on moaning about space ) but the two things keeping me from pulling the triger:

1. The air suspension. I will just have to delete that from my memory

2. Low range. The ease of which I maneuver my Bush Lapa is just so nice. Add to the fact that the Touareg can be in low range without the center diff locked, and you can move the van into place on any surface with absolute control.

So my question; to those of you towing heavy'ish rigs. How do you find the long reverse gear on the V6?
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

Nys,
    Install a Caravan Mover.
    It works like a dream for me.
    No more hip replacements, etc.
    Herman Meyer.

AG0017 ORRA AG38
    2014 Amarok DC 4Motion Auto ,
    2015-02-03: Bush Lapa Miskewer 394.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to hermanm10 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PierreSN View Post
    My canopy is purely for the dogs, hunting and the odd weekend stuff so for now its kitted for hunting and I am making some changes to it to suite that need. I would however look at doing the Seiekel tailgate seal kit, on recent longer and faster driving gravel trips it does suck in some dust through the tail gate. So the seikel seal kit looks like a definate.

The option is there to fit 17s on a new purchase v6. And I have seen several with 17s on, be it VW original rims or aftermarket rims. But I think 17s are the limit with the discs.

The CAT and warranty issue is another thing. If there is a warranty claim of sorts they could then leverage a decline based on the CAT and DPF being removed. ATM do however cut open and weld the CAT in such a manner that a technician would need to remove the entire CAT to see the weld and this is not a quick task. Stripping out the CAT and downpipe is long job. I have just always removed the CAT's from my amaroks as a preventative measure.

Thus far I have only done about 2000kms and its been great. My previous amarok had the mikem suspension with Bilsteins. Its a much firmer ride and more composed than the standard suspension, but if I ever do a suspension upgrade again it would be a proper set up with extended shocks up front to avoid the shock from running out of travel like my old van had. I believe in AUS bilstein is developing an amarok upgrade kit to be released soon that will entail longer shocks with more travel.

To Stephen - I didn't even feel that boat behind me and still out accelerated some rival bakkies on the highway.......
    Thanks, Pierre!

I am still happy with the performance so far, so will probably only think about de-CAT'ing once the warranty/service plan is out of date. Besides, at my age I shouldn't be trying to do the "boy racer" thing, but it IS fun to put your foot down once in a while...

In terms of dust proofing, I did opt for the dustproof option on my Bushtech canopy, and although as mentioned I've only done 40-50km on dirt so far (a VERY dusty road, though), I didn't notice any dust inside. Might be different after a few hundred kms though

I believe that the 'rok has one of the lowest ground clearances of the D/C 4x4 bakkies, so a 50mm lift could well be on the cards. I don't PLAN at this stage to do any hectic rock-crawling or anything, but I would like a slightly higher ride. Again, as money allows...!

Enjoy!

Thanks, Pierre!

I am still happy with the performance so far, so will probably only think about de-CAT'ing once the warranty/service plan is out of date. Besides, at my age I shouldn't be trying to do the "boy racer" thing, but it IS fun to put your foot down once in a while...

In terms of dust proofing, I did opt for the dustproof option on my Bushtech canopy, and although as mentioned I've only done 40-50km on dirt so far (a VERY dusty road, though), I didn't notice any dust inside. Might be different after a few hundred kms though

I believe that the 'rok has one of the lowest ground clearances of the D/C 4x4 bakkies, so a 50mm lift could well be on the cards. I don't PLAN at this stage to do any hectic rock-crawling or anything, but I would like a slightly higher ride. Again, as money allows...!

Enjoy!
    The performance on the V6 is great. Really impressive for a bakkie its size.

The roks are fairly low and specially so on break over angle. My previous one was lifted by 35mm and had beafy Stofpad sliders to cover the breakover. In terms of suspension lifts the 50mm is a bit much on the roks and generally not advised. I would stick to Seikels kits with the 25mm lift and if you need more try a 20mm body lift to go with that, so that the body comes up off the chassis a bit more or fit rock sliders if break over impacts become a concern. If or when you start looking at the suspension lift kits ensure that what ever kit you fit comes with extended shocks. There are kits out there that don't and that amounts to a very uncomfortable ride over very bumpy terrain with the shocks bottoming out on downward travel.

Thanks, Pierre!

Enjoy!
    I am not sure what tyres you are running, but I have 265/70 r 17's on mine (not a v6) and that gives it quite a lift. My suspension is bog standard, with the exception that I have Bilstein shocks.

I think this equates to around 32 inches ish?

Quote Originally Posted by hermanm10 View Post
    Nys,
    Install a Caravan Mover.
    It works like a dream for me.
    No more hip replacements, etc.
    My heupe werk nog lekker
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

Quote Originally Posted by Nys View Post
    My heupe werk nog lekker

Hou dit so

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast