Zondo Commission on State Capture

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Zondo Commission on State Capture

So maybe today is the start of Ace's problems. The commission is starting to investigate the Estina Dairy Farm project. On the other hand amaBungani has gone deep on this issue a while back and still nothing has happened to anybody.
    The level of corruption goes so deep and the only way is to clean out the SAP and Hawks only then will we stand a chance of bringing people to book.
    Last edited by TonyP; 2019/07/22 at 08:06 AM.
    2011 JK Wrangler Rubicon 3.8

Default Re: Zondo Commission on State Capture

Im still waiting for Ace to lay charges against Pieter Louis Myberg.
    2015 Land Cruiser 79 D/C V8 Diesel Turbo
    1983 Suzuki SJ 410 SOA.
    Bush Lapa Boskriek No 607 - Die Kriek

Quote Originally Posted by LC Man View Post
    Im still waiting for Ace to lay charges against Pieter Louis Myberg.
    I doubt that will ever happen, he may have to open his own can of worms in defense
    Last edited by TonyP; 2019/07/22 at 08:16 AM.

Yes but PP cleared Ace, Zwane... There cannot be anything wrong
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

DCJ seemed a bit horrified this afternoon when one of the DA MPL's gave evidence that red flags raised by or in one of the provincial oversight committees were apparently ignored.

Perhaps he will recommend that these be given more teeth.

I also see that Redi Tlhabi, who JZ said was being assisted by a foreign intelligence agency to make a film about his rape case, has applied to cross examine him. She says his testimony has been damaging to her. (Can't post the EWN reference from this phone).
    Last edited by Ian.McM; 2019/07/22 at 07:38 PM.

2015 Suzuki Grand Vitara Summit M/T

Quote Originally Posted by Ian.McM View Post
    DCJ seemed a bit horrified this afternoon when one of the DA MPL's gave evidence that red flags raised by or in one of the provincial oversight committees were apparently ignored.

Perhaps he will recommend that these be given more teeth.

I also see that Redi Tlhabi, who JZ said was being assisted by a foreign intelligence agency to make a film about his rape case, has applied to cross examine him. She says his testimony has been damaging to her. (Can't post the EWN reference from this phone).
    Well JZ and BM (PP) has perfected the lie.
    Robert

'98 Isuzu 280 DT D/C 4x4, home made roof rack
    '09 VW Caddy Maxi TDi
    '06 Citroen C3 1.4HDi8)
    '97 Isuzu 280 S/C plaasbakkie

Witness, Mr Basson, tells enquiry that over 100 cattle died of starvation on the farm. Also that some guys came over from India, presumably to do technical type work, without even a screwdriver.

Also said that a boiler for the new milk processing plant was brought over from India. When it came out of the container it looked like scrap metal and apparently he also said that the rust was flaking off like scales from a fish!

Would that boiler not have needed to be inspected before it was commissioned, or at least on an annual basis? If so, I wonder who actually signed it off?

No wonder Ace and Co are going after Derek Hanekom to try and distract the public gaze.

Witness, Mr Basson, tells enquiry that over 100 cattle died of starvation on the farm. Also that some guys came over from India, presumably to do technical type work, without even a screwdriver.

Also said that a boiler for the new milk processing plant was brought over from India. When it came out of the container it looked like scrap metal and apparently he also said that the rust was flaking off like scales from a fish!

Would that boiler not have needed to be inspected before it was commissioned, or at least on an annual basis? If so, I wonder who actually signed it off?

No wonder Ace and Co are going after Derek Hanekom to try and distract the public gaze.
    Well if the boiler was any type of pressure vessel then yes.There would have to be a test done and certified.And then a regular inspection.And thickness testing.And certified valves and pressure release valves.
    Lots of paperwork.
    Obviously there was nothing here.
    1983 Suzuki SJ 410 SOA.

I see CR is coming to testify8)
    Robert

'98 Isuzu 280 DT D/C 4x4, home made roof rack
    '09 VW Caddy Maxi TDi
    '06 Citroen C3 1.4HDi8)
    '97 Isuzu 280 S/C plaasbakkie

I had a good giggle today at Mr.Basson

As my grandfarther always said " Hy draai nie doekies om nie, Hy vertel hom hom soos hy is "

Well if the boiler was any type of pressure vessel then yes.There would have to be a test done and certified.And then a regular inspection.And thickness testing.And certified valves and pressure release valves.
    Lots of paperwork.
    Obviously there was nothing here.
    Please excuse my ignorance but it may be interesting to some: but what was the purpose of the boiler - to generate steam, to sterilize or pasteurise, etc.? It seems that it was never assembled?
    Chris

HKGK. According to the National Treasury official who dealt with an early investigation, the project was never registered as a PPP with Treasury and, because the project was not put out to tender and was in excess of R1M, it should have been reported to Treasury for condonation.

So it was, in effect, carried out unlawfully.

What concerns me is that the Free State government officials who signed off on it will take the fall. The politicians just above will wring their hands in horror and deny having pressured anyone into doing anything wrong. We all know about the lady CA(SA) who did not want, quite properly, her municipality to invest in VBS. She was suspended and was facing disciplinary action.

Not sure about the HKGK.

That is a western construct
    1998 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    2002 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

Zwane was placed at the scene of the crime so to speak, he will find it difficult to wangle out of this one I think.

I don't think that he has ever denied being aware of the project. What he will seek to deny is that he was aware that the civil servants had not jumped through the necessary governance hoops.

Oom Basson did allege that the two people who took the money for the Gupta wedding are now sitting in Parliament. Zondo asked him to provide evidence to the legal team before publicly naming anyone. I'm not sure how he could have been privy to documentary or other indisputable proof from the position he was in, which was providing logistical assistance on the ground.

Late this afternoon an agricultural economist was dealing with the feasibility study the provincial department of agriculture signed off on for Estina. The report suggested that 600 people would be employed - he suggested about 50! That was just one assertion in the feasibility study that seemed totally divorced from reality.

Late this afternoon an agricultural economist was dealing with the feasibility study the provincial department of agriculture signed off on for Estina. The report suggested that 600 people would be employed - he suggested about 50! That was just one assertion in the feasibility study that seemed totally divorced from reality.
    Depending on the size of the operation...

600 people ...really...

Neighbour runs a 500 head farm....15 people max!

Four ladies doing the milking operation......mornings and afternoons. Well organised...two banks of 20 cows at a time...well 'greased' operation.

The best milk I have ever had, the pastures are attended to, to get the best out of those Jerseys.

I did mentioned privately run
    1998 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    2002 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post

600 people ...really...

Four ladies doing the milking operation......mornings and afternoons. Well organised...two banks of 20 cows at a time...well 'greased' operation.

The best milk I have ever had, the pastures are attended to, to get the best out of those Jerseys.

I think the proposal was for 1000 cows and a milk processing plant, so 50 sounds reasonable.

The DCJ was speculating aloud whether it was an honest mistake or a typo or just not having a clue about the industry or a wilful intention to deceive ...

The milk processing plant would have needed to buy milk from other local producers to be feasible, but apparently milk production in the FS is in decline. That angle was never considered it seems.

So altogether a very questionable document.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post

600 people ...really...

Jersey milk has a very high cream content and is very tasty. The only problem is that milk yield per cow is generally way lower than Holstein or Friesland. The Estina debacle was nothing but a con from day one.

500 workers. Look how we will employ the unemployed
    Buy milk from local producers. Look how we'll support local small farmers.
    Give 5 cows each to certain beneficiaries. Look how we'll uplift the local community.
    Just give us millions up front and we'll scatter and run before we have to do any of the above.
    Last edited by TonyP; 2019/07/27 at 11:08 AM.

And for anyone that thinks the Hawks will be making any arrests soon read this.

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/arti...erick-sources/

What a sad state the so called Elite Crime Fighting unit is in.
    And to be honest I dont think the NPA is in any better state.
    But thats how the ANC want to keep it it seems.
    1983 Suzuki SJ 410 SOA.

It is well known that HAWKS is not working and it can be that the only solution to solve this is to disband it and restart. Rot goes way back but mainly to Ntlemeza. He was fired but he did huge amount of damage - possibly on instructions to do so.

NPA has to be rebuild. It has started but it takes time and money. One way to prevent prosecutions is not to give enough of money. NPA was looking at private funding option. They did get some from funds confiscated from criminals.

And for anyone that thinks the Hawks will be making any arrests soon read this.

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/arti...erick-sources/

What a sad state the so called Elite Crime Fighting unit is in.
    And to be honest I dont think the NPA is in any better state.
    But thats how the ANC want to keep it it seems.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast