New member introduction

Default New member introduction

Hi all - I'm a 69 yr old senior citizen commonly known as Anton Botes with my first wife for the last 45 years, 3 years younger, who sometimes responds to the call "Ineke".

We were avid caravaners/campers/4 x 4 enthusiasts for many years until we slowly regressed into golfing, but still eagerly enjoyed exploring our beautiful country with extensive road trips by making use of very laid back accommodation in B&B's and lodges.

Our lives changed drastically mid May this year when Peanut came into our lives - 2012 Series 79 Land Cruiser fitted with a AHA 45 camper on the back and completely rigged out with Solar panel, winch, inverter, 180 liter fuel and 70 liter water tank, plus, plus plus.

The second trip - first one was through the Richtersveld right up pass Spitzkoppe to Epupa Falls and then back through the Etosha and back home to Mossel Bay, is now on the drawing board and should take us up the East Coast through the old Transkei into Kwa Zulu Natal pass St Lucia and Kosi Bay. Then straight up pass Maputo and into Kruger Park, which we will exit by Punda Maria and cut across to the Zanzibar Border control into Botswana

All bookings for Kasane, Savuti, Kwai, Xakanaxa and down to Maun has been done, but this is where the trouble starts and will need some advise please.

I posted a part problem last week about the "cut Line" to Gope, but was advised against by very kind members. So instead we decided to give Khutze a miss this time, and do Mabuasehube.

So now I see a road, approximately 18 odd kilometers pass Kang, turning down to that place. The first 35 odd kilomers looks a bit sparsely used, but then it widens up into a straight line to Mabuasehube.

Can anyone please advise on this, because it's of course much shorter in distance than the one turning out of Kang down to Hukuntsi and Lokgwabe, which I presume is the normal way.

Looking forward to hear from someone and please continue promoting a wonderful forum
    Regards
    Anton Botes

2012 Series 79 LC
    AHA 45 Camper

Default Re: New member introduction

Welcome Anton,
    Audi A6 Avant Quattro V6 tdi ( Sold )
    VW Touareg V6 tdi ( sadly written off )
    2 x Toyota Celica GT4 Gen 6 (Sold) sadly missed
    2 x Toyota Celica Gen. 5 ( Sold ) not missed as much as the above.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to meh For This Useful Post: