De Kraal 4x4 East london contact info

Default De Kraal 4x4 East london contact info

Hi ladies and gents, we are trying to contact De Kraal 4x4 track near East London, but the Google info goes unanswered. Does anybody have contact details for them?
    Or any 4x4 track suitable for training close to East London?

Thanks
    Jo
    082 702 2993
    You don't have to be crazy to do the things I do, but it certainly helps!
    Prado 120 4.0 V6

Default Re: De Kraal 4x4 East london contact info

As far as i'm aware that shut down a while ago already, but perhaps other in the know could elaborate.

If you want a fun mission just hit the pine forest routes between beacon bay and gonubie, starting on the beacon bay side. Lots of little tracks and trails and can be good fun.

Russ.

Default Re: De Kraal 4x4 East london contact info

Hey Jo4x4, this was my conundrum a number of years ago...we were also looking for a suitable training track in EL.

I also found De Kraal and became very good friends with the previous owner, Peter Mansfeld. He sadly passed away and the farm was sold to a farmer.

I used the track once or twice thereafter, but maintenance started to lag and I moved on. Excellent place for training as there are multiple routes and sections to drive for any vehicle. Some hectic trails accross the river.

I will check through some of the old docs to see what I can find. The last time I was there maybe 4/5 years ago the new owner was going to continue with the 4x4, bikes, quads etc. Dont know if they really did, which is sad because the clubhouse, chalets, ablutions, camp and tracks were awesome.

Maybe see if you can make contact with the Land Rover Owners Club Border - they used to use the track quite often.
    Last edited by MBLife; 2019/07/20 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Added info