Geelkrans camping

Default Geelkrans camping

Has anyone camped at Geelkrans - eastern end of Baviaanskloof near Andrieskraal?
    Comments and views would be appreciated.
    Sam
    ZS1SAM
    V5/ZS1SAM

Default Re: Geelkrans camping

I camped there years ago, took a drive through last weekend to check it out.
    Its a camp site to just sit and chill, nothing to do, the river in front of the camp site is very shallow, cannot swim in it.

Very clean camp site as well.

I enjoyed it.
    Regards Adrian

Nissan Navara 4.0 v6 4x4

Nissan Terrano 2 SE, 2.7 turbo diesel (Sold)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to godzilla4x4 For This Useful Post:

One of our favourite camping spotsPlenty to doSuper neat camping spot, well maintained, manicured lawnWhen the extended family camped there the distance & wooden steps to the ablutions (my brother is wheelchair bound)had to be planned well between turning the meat on the braai and opening the next beer as it took a team effort to get him up the stairsNext time we will camp closer to the ablutionsSearch for their page on facebook: Geelkrans Baviaans/PatensieSunsets at Geelkrans are stunning

We have camped there. As everyone says very nice but the wife seems to run the place with an iron rod and is very strict about noise and music. So if you like to party while camping it might not be the best choice.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lizzie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
    We have camped there. As everyone says very nice but the wife seems to run the place with an iron rod and is very strict about noise and music. So if you like to party while camping it might not be the best choice.
    I'm not the party type ............. had to find a spot at the E side of Baviaans as it is a long weekend and Addo camp just does not grab me at all.
    After Geelkrans, it will be 10 days in Baviaanskloof heading west. Hopefully very quiet at all the campsites we have chosen.
    Sam
    ZS1SAM
    V5/ZS1SAM

If you want to relax and want piece quiet, you will enjoy Geelkrans. Beautiful sunsets. The Baviaans is beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful 10 days in the kloof.
    Quote Originally Posted by SamM View Post
    I'm not the party type ............. had to find a spot at the E side of Baviaans as it is a long weekend and Addo camp just does not grab me at all.
    After Geelkrans, it will be 10 days in Baviaanskloof heading west. Hopefully very quiet at all the campsites we have chosen.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BNaude For This Useful Post: