Fuel consumption at Moremi

Question Fuel consumption at Moremi

Hi everyone,

im traveling through Botswana starting tomorrow, and my plan is as follows:

‚ÄčOn July 18th I will fuel up, leave from Maun and go through Xini Lagoon and Black Pools. And return to Kazikini.

On July 19th from Kazikini to KhWai Magotho, I may go through bodumatau loop and xakanaxa.

On July 20th from Magotho to Dombo Hippo Pools and xakanaxa, and back to Magotho.

On July 21st explore Khwai river as you said and return.

July 22nd Savuti and Refuel.

Iím driving a 140L Hilux 3.0 and carrying 60 liters in Jerrycans, total of 200 Liters, this might be enough or should I go back to Maun and refuel on 19th?

thanks,

Caio

Default Re: Fuel consumption at Moremi

That will be more than enough, you are doing but regional loops and your range with 180l would be close to 1500 kms.
    You are driving in idle more or less so fuel consumption will be minimal apart from some deep sand stretches which are not to long.
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call: WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

Quote Originally Posted by dantas View Post
    Hi everyone,

im traveling through Botswana starting tomorrow, and my plan is as follows:

‚ÄčOn July 18th I will fuel up, leave from Maun and go through Xini Lagoon and Black Pools. And return to Kazikini.

On July 19th from Kazikini to KhWai Magotho, I may go through bodumatau loop and xakanaxa.

On July 20th from Magotho to Dombo Hippo Pools and xakanaxa, and back to Magotho.

On July 21st explore Khwai river as you said and return.

July 22nd Savuti and Refuel.

Iím driving a 140L Hilux 3.0 and carrying 60 liters in Jerrycans, total of 200 Liters, this might be enough or should I go back to Maun and refuel on 19th?

thanks,

Caio
    Lots of driving. I guess it was due to lack of campsites in Moremi, that you decided on DAY TRIPS into Moremi. The 22nd July one is going to be a challenge, Savuti and Return(Refuel). It will depend how far you want to go in Savuti.

VW AMAROK BITURBO TDI 4MOTION

Quote Originally Posted by PAT n WOLF View Post
    Lots of driving. I guess it was due to lack of campsites in Moremi, that you decided on DAY TRIPS into Moremi. The 22nd July one is going to be a challenge, Savuti and Return(Refuel). It will depend how far you want to go in Savuti.
    Yes, I only found campsite outside Moremi

On the last day, I will probably refuel in my way to Muchenje since I will sleep there, after going through Savuti, what do you think?
    Last edited by dantas; 2019/07/17 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dantas View Post
    Yes, I only found campsite outside Moremi

On the last day, I will probably refuel in my way to Muchenje since I will sleep there, after going through Savuti, what do you think?
    Long day. The latest info about fuel at Muchenje is that the station is closed. You need to go to Kasane. But you should be okay with 200 liters. We did 12.5L/100KM (1L / 7.4KM) in Moremi, Khwai, Savuti (Hilux 2.4D).

Hi Dantas. We are planning to do Maun to Kasane in September via Kaziikini, Khwai Safari, Muchenjie and are not expecting any fuel enroute. T4A shows 409km but that does not include game trips. Travelling with a Freelander 2 SD4 (no trailer) which averaged around 12.5 on an extended Namibia trip last year. We plan for a max range of 800 kms which means we need a minimum of 100 litres - so 60 in the tank and 50 on the roof - and watch the side trips and consumption!Have funChris