Land Rover Disco 4 Cambelt change

Default Land Rover Disco 4 Cambelt change

Hi there, I have to do the cam belt change soon (at 165,000kms now with my Discovery 4) and wondered what the price range is. I'm hearing highly varied estimates. Anyone with experience, I'd be very grateful.

Default Re: Land Rover Disco 4 Cambelt change

Quote Originally Posted by hhawarden View Post
    Hi there, I have to do the cam belt change soon (at 165,000kms now with my Discovery 4) and wondered what the price range is. I'm hearing highly varied estimates. Anyone with experience, I'd be very grateful.
    If I am not mistaken, the cambelt change interval on the D4 is 182k? Plse correct me someone if I am wrong? I know it is slightly higher than the D3? Unless you are working on time, as opposed to kms?

Interestingly, I have met Indies who now do this job without taking the body off... I do believe, however, that by taking the body off (which increases the labour charge) the Indies are able to do a far more thorough inspection of all gear.

I have seen invoices range from 15k to 30k, depending what was needed. I would do oil pump, as well, if I was you.

Darron John Misplon
    Land Rover Discovery 2 Td5 ES Manual (Loaded)
    BMW F30 320i Sport Auto
    BMW R1200 GS
    'One life-Make a difference"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Darron For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Land Rover Disco 4 Cambelt change

Body off is ridiculous to do a cam belt job on D4, and yes you must replace the oil pump at the same time. also replace the plastic water housing. You should get change out of 25k

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeBob For This Useful Post: