Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Ontdekkerspark
    Age
    58
    Posts
    6
    Thanked: 4

    Default Recommendation - Oka Swamps Travel and Tours

    I am a regular visitor to the Botswana parks and despite bookings becoming easier I still prefer to do it through one booking agent. It means one payment to the agent and they do the rest in Botswana. I always booked through a specific agent but they seemed to have lost interest and with my last visit I had to make several calls and threatening e-mails to finally get all the planning sorted out over a 11 months period (from what I read I was lucky). Needless to say it placed myself under unnecessary stress and spoiled the holiday planning especially if you invited friends along who paid and relied on you to make all the bookings.

    This year I started my annual planning - a special family occasion - with my children going with. I hesitated to contact an agent but after careful research (Thank you 4x4 Community) I found Oka Swamps Travel and Tours. I e-mailed all my details of camps and within weeks it was all sorted out. Thank you Sekai. I was a pleasure to go through the process this year. I can recommend these guys.

    Their details are:
    Oka swamps travel and tours agency
    Maun, Botswana
    http://www.okaswampstravelandtours.com
    [email protected]
    What's App: +26774639455
    Phone: +26771691013/72820300

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Age
    47
    Posts
    684
    Thanked: 242

    Default Re: Recommendation - Oka Swamps Travel and Tours

    Only one post looks like advertisment

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Maun
    Posts
    162
    Thanked: 47

    Default Re: Recommendation - Oka Swamps Travel and Tours

    Thank you Johan

    i always do the best i can to satisfy my clients

    Oka swamps travel and tours agency
    Maun, Botswana
    http://www.okaswampstravelandtours.com
    [email protected]
    What's App: +26774639455
    Call: +26774639455/71691013

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Ontdekkerspark
    Age
    58
    Posts
    6
    Thanked: 4

    Default Re: Recommendation - Oka Swamps Travel and Tours

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvia000 View Post
    Only one post looks like advertisment
    Hi Sylvia,

    (Thank you for the compliment I must go into advertising ) No it is not an advert and I can state that I am not an employee, relative or have no personal interest or benefit from the company. As I mentioned the company was very helpful. Sometimes operators don't realise that we put a lot of trust in them to organise a once a year - in some cases once a lifetime - experience together. The service I received was friendly and professional and I thought it will be helpful to other members of this forum to recommend them.

    Best Regards
    Last edited by Johan.O; 2019/07/15 at 07:52 AM.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johan.O For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East London
    Age
    45
    Posts
    82
    Thanked: 14

    Default Re: Recommendation - Oka Swamps Travel and Tours

    Ive also used OKA with great sucsess, will use them again!

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Maun
    Posts
    162
    Thanked: 47

    Default Re: Recommendation - Oka Swamps Travel and Tours

    Quote Originally Posted by greg woodbridge View Post
    Ive also used OKA with great sucsess, will use them again!

    Thank you Greg

    I have sealed your June 2020 booking for Ihaha.

    Will send invoice this afternoon.

    Regards
    Sekai

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Maun
    Posts
    162
    Thanked: 47

    Default Re: Recommendation - Oka Swamps Travel and Tours

    Quote Originally Posted by sylvia000 View Post
    Only one post looks like advertisment
    Sylvia i hope you managed to take your refund in Kasane

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Maun
    Posts
    162
    Thanked: 47

    Default Re: Recommendation - Oka Swamps Travel and Tours

    2020 camping and Luxury safari
    lodge bookings in Botswana and Namibia


    Campsites and lodge accommodation getting fully booked so FAST


    ITINERARIES


    STOP OVER- Khama rhino sanctuary
    CKGR 3 nights
    Maun- Scenic flight 1 day
    Mokoro 2 nights 3 days overnight trip in Okavango Delta
    Moremi 3 nights
    Khwai safari grounds 2 nights
    Savuti/Lenyanti 2 nights
    Chobe, Ihaha/Muchenje 2 nights
    Kasane-Sunset cruise & Victoria falls day trip by shuttle 2 nights
    Nata- Elephant sands 1 night
    Nxai pan 2 nights
    Lekhubu island 1 night
    Tuli-block 1 night


    End of trip

    OKA SWAMPS TRAVEL AND TOURS AGENCY
    http://www.okaswampstravelandtours.com
    [email protected]
    What's App: +26774639455

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Maun
    Posts
    162
    Thanked: 47

    Default Re: Recommendation - Oka Swamps Travel and Tours

    Quote Originally Posted by Johan.O View Post
    I am a regular visitor to the Botswana parks and despite bookings becoming easier I still prefer to do it through one booking agent. It means one payment to the agent and they do the rest in Botswana. I always booked through a specific agent but they seemed to have lost interest and with my last visit I had to make several calls and threatening e-mails to finally get all the planning sorted out over a 11 months period (from what I read I was lucky). Needless to say it placed myself under unnecessary stress and spoiled the holiday planning especially if you invited friends along who paid and relied on you to make all the bookings.

    This year I started my annual planning - a special family occasion - with my children going with. I hesitated to contact an agent but after careful research (Thank you 4x4 Community) I found Oka Swamps Travel and Tours. I e-mailed all my details of camps and within weeks it was all sorted out. Thank you Sekai. I was a pleasure to go through the process this year. I can recommend these guys.

    Their details are:
    Oka swamps travel and tours agency
    Maun, Botswana
    http://www.okaswampstravelandtours.com
    [email protected]
    What's App: +26774639455
    Phone: +26771691013/72820300

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Horsholm
    Age
    55
    Posts
    45
    Thanked: 5

    Default Re: Recommendation - Oka Swamps Travel and Tours

    Can I ask with whom you had trouble?

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Maun
    Posts
    162
    Thanked: 47

    Default Re: Recommendation - Oka Swamps Travel and Tours

    Quote Originally Posted by Johan.O View Post
    I am a regular visitor to the Botswana parks and despite bookings becoming easier I still prefer to do it through one booking agent. It means one payment to the agent and they do the rest in Botswana. I always booked through a specific agent but they seemed to have lost interest and with my last visit I had to make several calls and threatening e-mails to finally get all the planning sorted out over a 11 months period (from what I read I was lucky). Needless to say it placed myself under unnecessary stress and spoiled the holiday planning especially if you invited friends along who paid and relied on you to make all the bookings.

    This year I started my annual planning - a special family occasion - with my children going with. I hesitated to contact an agent but after careful research (Thank you 4x4 Community) I found Oka Swamps Travel and Tours. I e-mailed all my details of camps and within weeks it was all sorted out. Thank you Sekai. I was a pleasure to go through the process this year. I can recommend these guys.

    Their details are:
    Oka swamps travel and tours agency
    Maun, Botswana
    http://www.okaswampstravelandtours.com
    [email protected]
    What's App: +26774639455
    Phone: +26771691013/72820300

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    68
    Posts
    2,857
    Thanked: 758

    Default Re: Recommendation - Oka Swamps Travel and Tours

    Admin this empty reply with a post is just plain cheap advertising. Not the first time.😡

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,823
    Thanked: 6475

    Default Re: Recommendation - Oka Swamps Travel and Tours

    He IS a commercial member...
    _______________________________________
    Andrew van Staden
    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    I drive a five cylinder bakkie and tow an army inspired van.

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Maun
    Posts
    162
    Thanked: 47

    Default Re: Recommendation - Oka Swamps Travel and Tours

    Hi Travellers

    Please be advised that Mababe - Savuti road(the sand ridge and the marsh) are very bad at the moment. Please only experienced off road drivers are recommended.For inexperience 4x4 off-road drivers, you are advised to hire experienced off-road drivers in Maun or Kasane.

    Thank you

    Oka swamps travel and tours agency
    Maun, Botswana
    http://www.okaswampstravelandtours.com
    What's App: +26774639455
    phone: +74639455/71691013

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Stuttgart
    Age
    42
    Posts
    74
    Thanked: 11

    Default Recommendation - Oka Swamps Travel and Tours

    Quote Originally Posted by skmorotsi View Post
    Hi Travellers

    Please be advised that Mababe - Savuti road(the sand ridge and the marsh) are very bad at the moment. Please only experienced off road drivers are recommended.For inexperience 4x4 off-road drivers, you are advised to hire experienced off-road drivers in Maun or Kasane.

    Thank you

    Oka swamps travel and tours agency
    Maun, Botswana
    http://www.okaswampstravelandtours.com
    What's App: +26774639455
    phone: +74639455/71691013
    Come on, are you serious promoting your business just based on bad feelings and fear ? I would recommend to find real USPs to promote your service instead.
    Btw: Could you please share details what is so bad that only experienced off-road drivers can make it and define at the same time what qualifies someone to an „experienced off-roader“ per your statement?

    Your statement and continuous „cheap“ advertisement qualifies you to be blacklisted to me personally.
    Last edited by Rookie2014; 2019/09/25 at 07:51 AM.

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    68
    Posts
    2,857
    Thanked: 758

    Default Re: Recommendation - Oka Swamps Travel and Tours

    Agree

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to TRON For This Useful Post:


  19. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    30
    Thanked: 7

    Default Re: Recommendation - Oka Swamps Travel and Tours

    Quote Originally Posted by TRON View Post
    Agree
    We also booked with Oka Swamps and are currently in Kazankula. The bookings were fine for the most part except for one overpayment because I did not check their invoice carefully enough before paying in RSA. Otherwise all has worked well with Sekai and we met for a drink in Maun a few days ago. He does know the Botswana tourist scene, but more especially the Northern parts.He is correct about the road from Mababe to Kachikau, even Hayden at Muchenjie advises 8 hours with lots of deep sand due to a) very dry conditions and b) hoardes of inexperienced EU tourists - we counted +- 25 per hour during the day at Kaziinkini - driving heavy laden camping Hilux/Cruisers with tyres at 2+bar, they are making a real mess of the road. Several people we talked to regretted taking this road even if it is a short cut compared to Maun-Gweta-Nata-Kasane.We are driving a standard Freelander 2, which has turned out to be a real "sand baby" (Nxai Pan South & Central Kalahari Deception were no problem) but we took the long road around and are glad we did.Chris

  20. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    57
    Posts
    29
    Thanked: 5

    Thumbs up Re: Recommendation - Oka Swamps Travel and Tours

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFors View Post
    We also booked with Oka Swamps and are currently in Kazankula. The bookings were fine for the most part except for one overpayment because I did not check their invoice carefully enough before paying in RSA. Otherwise all has worked well with Sekai and we met for a drink in Maun a few days ago. He does know the Botswana tourist scene, but more especially the Northern parts.He is correct about the road from Mababe to Kachikau, even Hayden at Muchenjie advises 8 hours with lots of deep sand due to a) very dry conditions and b) hoardes of inexperienced EU tourists - we counted +- 25 per hour during the day at Kaziinkini - driving heavy laden camping Hilux/Cruisers with tyres at 2+bar, they are making a real mess of the road. Several people we talked to regretted taking this road even if it is a short cut compared to Maun-Gweta-Nata-Kasane.We are driving a standard Freelander 2, which has turned out to be a real "sand baby" (Nxai Pan South & Central Kalahari Deception were no problem) but we took the long road around and are glad we did.Chris

    Thanks for the positivity...and good accurate info. We all, I believe use this forum as a source of much needed information in what ever way it helps...

  21. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    4
    Thanked: 0

    Thumbs up Re: Recommendation - Oka Swamps Travel and Tours

    We used Sekai for bookings at Island Safari Lodge camping, Moremi Park Permits, Kwai Safari Grounds camping as well as a scenic flight with Kavango Air in September 2019 and all went well.
    Regards Neels

  22. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Maun
    Posts
    162
    Thanked: 47

    Default Re: Recommendation - Oka Swamps Travel and Tours

    Quote Originally Posted by Neels.L View Post
    We used Sekai for bookings at Island Safari Lodge camping, Moremi Park Permits, Kwai Safari Grounds camping as well as a scenic flight with Kavango Air in September 2019 and all went well.
    Regards Neels

    Thank you very much Neels..We really appriciated the support too.

    http://www.okaswampstravelandtours.com
    What's App: +26774639455
    Call: +26771691013/74639455

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •