What do I need? Solar - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What do I need? Solar

Quote Originally Posted by Plod View Post
    Make sure that the wiring is done by an approved installer or you could run foul of legislation and your insurance cover.
    Thanks you, will do.

Default Re: What do I need? Solar

Quote Originally Posted by Love Ford View Post
    Hi guys,

I would why you would want to split the DG from the rest, if you are going to invest in Solar, then connect it to the main DB and use the free eneregy when it is available.

Install a hybrid system with storage(battery) and you can use the battery when needed. Also, you can start off with a system that suits your budget now, and always add on. The critical thing is to ensure that the inverter you buy matched your total max consumption, alternatively you can isolate you assentials on your DB and match the 1st inverter to that load.
    You can then connect another inverter in parallel when the budget allows to take on the balance of you house hold load.

I run 2 x 5kW inverters, 21 PV panels and 4 Lithium Ion batteries. My home consumes on average 60kWh a day. Our lights are always on.

You can start with 1 inverter, 6 PV panels and no batteries and add as the budget allows.
    Thanks for the input.

It sounds like you know what you are talking about!! So what size inverter would I need for my triple garage set up? And how do I have it running off the solar and municipal?

If you can point me in the direction of an installer I would appreciate it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2