Default Savuti "Paradise" campsite

Before going to Ihaha we want to go to Savuti and have requested the "paradise" campsite. On the map this is listed as RSV1. Are campsites #4, #1, and #2 also good if RSV1 is not available? Thank you, Cherie

p.s. Thank you to Roberta Betta for the link to tawanaselfdrive.com for the maps of the campsites!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Savuti "Paradise" campsite

For me paradise was beautiful when the channel was flowing. I stayed in CV 01 in March, it's good, loved it, but in September will be staying at CV4. I have pictures of CV4 if you want I can put it up. The reason I love CV4 is the big tree shade, close to the channel. CV 01 you are close to the lodge too much.
    Last edited by PAT n WOLF; 2019/07/03 at 02:25 AM.

Thank you Pat n Wolf. This is exactly what I needed to know. We have been assigned #4. Hope 10 people on the campsite will not be too many. Thank you again. Cherie

Quote Originally Posted by cccole View Post
    Thank you Pat n Wolf. This is exactly what I needed to know. We have been assigned #4. Hope 10 people on the campsite will not be too many. Thank you again. Cherie
    These camp sites are big and you won't have an issue of space for multiple vehicles.
    Just be sure you don't to the "toilet shuttle" by vehicle in the midst of the night
    Walter Rene Gygax
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call:​ WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari Safari View Post
    These camp sites are big and you won't have an issue of space for multiple vehicles.
    Just be sure you don't to the "toilet shuttle" by vehicle in the midst of the night
    We literally came back from there about 2 weeks ago. Its a great big campsite with great views. The sand is super soft and the Cruiser got stuck in the campsite funnily. But yeah, dont walk to bathrooms at night. Has a tap and braai area in the camp along the dry river bed. Great sunsets and good shade

Thank you Kalahari Safari and JadeDSantos. I have confirmation from SKL that Paradise campsite, RSV1, is available for our third choice of dates so I am excited about that. Now if we can just get Ihaha to coordinate we will be happy campers!!!!! And, re Savuti, if we want to add campers to our site as the time gets closer is this a reasonable hope? We are planning August 2020. The "toilet shuttle" is definitely going to be a challenge for this trip. Thank you for the replies, Cherie