Nissan ZD30 5d CAN bus fault.

Default Nissan ZD30 5d CAN bus fault.

I'm having trouble with my Hardbody for the last few weeks. It would run well for 50-80 km and then suddenly the engine light will come on and and the engine stalls. It won't start again for about 2hours then it will start again and you can drive for same amount of km more or less.

I replaced the VP44 diesel pump about 6 months ago, +- 10000km. The guy at the pump shop diagnosed a 5d CAN bus fault last week using a KTS system. He said according to that code it must be wiring related so I opened the harness from the PCU right thru up to the ECM and all wires looks fine.

The vehicle is fitted with a Unichip Q. Can it be that either there is a fault inside the Unichip or ECM so that as soon as it reaches a certain temperature it cuts out and mimics a CAN bus fault? What is the chance that it can be the PCM on the pump? As soon as the engine shuts down the solenoid or whatever it is on the bottom of the pump starts buzzing.

I hope someone had a similar problem so that I can get a solution.
    Last edited by Marjohn; 2019/06/30 at 10:29 PM.

Default Re: Nissan ZD30 5d CAN bus fault.

Remove the chip and see what happens.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Remove the chip and see what happens.
    I'm removing it today, will give feedback in the next few days.

Drove 300km with the chip removed, no problems. I've cut the box of the chip open to see what's inside and found a capacitor that is loose on one side. It lasted +- 4years /50000 km before it came loose so I don't really know what to think of it. Another thing is the installer didn't even put the ECU back into its place and fastened it to its bracket, same with the Unichip it was just laying around there under the dash hiding behind the carpet, no the carpet didn't keep it in place it was laying loose. I contacted the installer but apparently he sold he's shop and emigrated to New Zealand or somewhere there.

It's a 4x2 vehicle and I've changed the diff ratio and that was the reason the Unichip was fitted because the vehicle was underpowered. I will have to send it to fit another chip, I'm still deciding on what product though. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Marjohn; 2019/07/04 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marjohn View Post
    It's a 4x2 vehicle and I've changed the diff ratio and that was the reason the Unichip was fitted because the vehicle was underpowered. I will have to send it to fit another chip, I'm still deciding on what product though. Any ideas?
    my honest opinion is that chipping any ZD30 is a recipe for disaster

but send a PM to Reenen and see what advice he can offer
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus