Cheers Trailblazer, Hello MUX - Page 5





Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 81 to 99 of 99
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Ballito
    Posts
    197
    Thanked: 445

    Default Re: Cheers Trailblazer, Hello MUX

    So the air filter was ready and waiting by 7h15 this morning and now fitted. Peaceful coffee.....

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:


  3. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    547
    Thanked: 163

    Default Re: Cheers Trailblazer, Hello MUX

    That's good news! Just remember the other reason you got the Mux as well, you wanted to be able to tell which white SUV is yours when you come out the mall haha

    I sometimes don't know how the owners of those popular ones can tell.

    The Mux is really starting look quite popular I have seen about 8 in the past week down here in CT.

    All the best!
    2017 Isuzu KB 300 4X4 Auto (current)
    2008 Isuzu KB 300 4X4 manual (current)

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to A1ex For This Useful Post:


  5. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Ballito
    Posts
    197
    Thanked: 445

    Default Re: Cheers Trailblazer, Hello MUX

    Run from Middelburg to Ballito yesterday. OBC says 8.1 [email protected] km (12.3 [email protected]), but my odo underreads quite a bit so FUELLY says 12.8 [email protected] upon filling this morning. As pictures show, tank at 1/3 and done more than 600 km already. 850 - 900 km easily done on 65 L. (actually less, I never let it go into reserve). Above was achieved on speedocruise sticking to applicable speed limits. Because roads were very busy and plenty large trucks, especially Mpumalanga section, plenty overtaking with loud pedal pinned to the floor.

    So, this consumption, for a big 7 seater with aircon on (not loaded though), is probably as good as it gets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190920_065622.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	268.7 KB 
ID:	541574   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190920_065546.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	279.7 KB 
ID:	541575  

  6. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Melkbosstrand
    Age
    44
    Posts
    281
    Thanked: 53

    Default Re: Cheers Trailblazer, Hello MUX

    That is pretty much on par with the quoted figure for combined cycle consumption on the isuzu website. Not bad at all for that size and auto. I always thought my TB average of 11km/l (calculated at the pump) was really good.
    2014 Chevrolet Trailblazer 2.8 Auto 4x4
    2015 Jurgens XT140 Ext... maar ek soek 'n Bush Lapa
    Who needs a diff lock if you have 500Nm's

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to globaljaco For This Useful Post:


  8. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Ballito
    Posts
    197
    Thanked: 445

    Default Re: Cheers Trailblazer, Hello MUX

    As the end of the holidays draws near my MUX now at 55 000 km. The past month saw a lot of travel for the Isuzu with a trip from Ballito to South Coast and back. To Northern Cape and back and to Kosi Bay and back. Always 5 people on board and mostly with a fairly large trailer behind. Overall consumption came to 9.7 [email protected] Mostly at legal speeds with lots of windy conditions and aircon always on. I believe this is as good as can be expected.

    My TB under similiar conditions would do slightly better, in the region of10.5 [email protected] I think it is purely a function of superior torque in the TB's case.

    The MUX runs like a Swiss watch, reading some other threads on this forum, I must say it creates a sense of massive comfort that it will always get you there and back.

    I am finding myself using the tiptronic function on the autobox a lot these days, I anticipate the need for another cog better (perceived) than the dated software on the the old Aisin box. As soon as it gets hilly these days I just lock it in 5th and ride the fat torque at 2000 rpm.

    I still miss the shove of the TB when overtaking but it is rather a fond memory than a painfull reality.

    Sandy conditions in the Northern Cape as well as Maputoland only required a flick to 4 H, never needing to deflate tyres.

    I am very sure that some other similiar SUV's are more tech-clever than the MUX, but I am happy that it does exactly what the box says.

    I am a very happy owner and looking forward to many more miles.

  9. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Melkbosstrand
    Age
    44
    Posts
    281
    Thanked: 53

    Default Re: Cheers Trailblazer, Hello MUX

    Thanks Jaco for the feedback. I constantly keep my eyes on this thread for any updates from you on the MU-X.
    2014 Chevrolet Trailblazer 2.8 Auto 4x4
    2015 Jurgens XT140 Ext... maar ek soek 'n Bush Lapa
    Who needs a diff lock if you have 500Nm's

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to globaljaco For This Useful Post:


  11. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Melkbosstrand
    Age
    44
    Posts
    281
    Thanked: 53

    Default Re: Cheers Trailblazer, Hello MUX

    Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post
    You will now cause me to drive all day between 100 and 110 to see if I get the same vibration as you..... Thanks.
    Still happy with the Grabbers?
    2014 Chevrolet Trailblazer 2.8 Auto 4x4
    2015 Jurgens XT140 Ext... maar ek soek 'n Bush Lapa
    Who needs a diff lock if you have 500Nm's

  12. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Ballito
    Posts
    197
    Thanked: 445

    Default Re: Cheers Trailblazer, Hello MUX

    Yes Jaco. Grabbers now done 30 000 km. Not yet at halflife indicator. I rotate religiously every 10 000 km. Normally running them 2.4 bar all round although book says 2 bar. The Isuzu just feel a little sharper at 2.4 bar and my wear is textbook even. If the Grabbers go past 80 000 km's I will go the same route again. If not I will default to my old favourites of either BFG's or Hankook Dynapro A/T's.

  13. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    johannersburg
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,178
    Thanked: 36

    Default Re: Cheers Trailblazer, Hello MUX

    Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post
    As the end of the holidays draws near my MUX now at 55 000 km. The past month saw a lot of travel for the Isuzu with a trip from Ballito to South Coast and back. To Northern Cape and back and to Kosi Bay and back. Always 5 people on board and mostly with a fairly large trailer behind. Overall consumption came to 9.7 [email protected] Mostly at legal speeds with lots of windy conditions and aircon always on. I believe this is as good as can be expected.

    My TB under similiar conditions would do slightly better, in the region of10.5 [email protected] I think it is purely a function of superior torque in the TB's case.

    The MUX runs like a Swiss watch, reading some other threads on this forum, I must say it creates a sense of massive comfort that it will always get you there and back.

    I am finding myself using the tiptronic function on the autobox a lot these days, I anticipate the need for another cog better (perceived) than the dated software on the the old Aisin box. As soon as it gets hilly these days I just lock it in 5th and ride the fat torque at 2000 rpm.

    I still miss the shove of the TB when overtaking but it is rather a fond memory than a painfull reality.

    Sandy conditions in the Northern Cape as well as Maputoland only required a flick to 4 H, never needing to deflate tyres.

    I am very sure that some other similiar SUV's are more tech-clever than the MUX, but I am happy that it does exactly what the box says.

    I am a very happy owner and looking forward to many more miles.
    Can i make a suggestion to just try and remap ur mux the reason why i say this we have received a detuned version of the auz version of the 430nms version i saw u had issues with ur kb360 its not fair to judge isuzu and tuning and chipping as that 3.6L v6 isnt even a isuzu engine its a gm based engine we have 3 kb300s remapped in our family all running fine u do know this exact 4jj1tc engine is the worlds fastest 3l drag diesel engine also 4cylinder im just saying diesels are alot more forgiving than petrols and made alot stronger than ur basic petrol im just saying if ur also so worried about egts then go get the fat cat removed from the mux behind the turbo that will free up the engine alot more and also help the egts just my advice u will have more than 500nms and 140kws kn wheels this engine is here to stay as its been in service in isuzu from 2004 in thailand as also u see they are still using it in the next model with just little changes here and their to justify the money u pay for them these days anyway like i said just some friendly advice also know some1 with a mapped 4wd mux if u would like to compare as well
    ISUZU KB300LX DMAX mine / 1.4tdci with software exhaust and intercooler and watermeth injection /dad-kb300 dteq kb5 4x4 /uncle kb300 4x2 dteq kb5 /step dad. Kb6 kb300 4x4 auto all double cabs

  14. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Ballito
    Posts
    197
    Thanked: 445

    Default Re: Cheers Trailblazer, Hello MUX

    Quote Originally Posted by giolanman View Post
    Can i make a suggestion to just try and remap ur mux the reason why i say this we have received a detuned version of the auz version of the 430nms version i saw u had issues with ur kb360 its not fair to judge isuzu and tuning and chipping as that 3.6L v6 isnt even a isuzu engine its a gm based engine we have 3 kb300s remapped in our family all running fine u do know this exact 4jj1tc engine is the worlds fastest 3l drag diesel engine also 4cylinder im just saying diesels are alot more forgiving than petrols and made alot stronger than ur basic petrol im just saying if ur also so worried about egts then go get the fat cat removed from the mux behind the turbo that will free up the engine alot more and also help the egts just my advice u will have more than 500nms and 140kws kn wheels this engine is here to stay as its been in service in isuzu from 2004 in thailand as also u see they are still using it in the next model with just little changes here and their to justify the money u pay for them these days anyway like i said just some friendly advice also know some1 with a mapped 4wd mux if u would like to compare as well
    Thank you for the comment and it is thougt-provoking. I am growing more fond of the almost agricultural nature of the 3 L mill every day, and the "back-of-mind" awareness that it is a very under-stressed unit. I am happy to live with outputs as they are, I have owned some very fast stuff in my life, and enough is just never enough. A few more torques would be welcome, sure, but any future spending on the Mux going forward will be on suspension.

    I hear you regarding the 360 V6, was a beaut when it was working well though.

    Seems you really know how to make an Isuzu diesel sing, enjoy.

  15. #91
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    johannersburg
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,178
    Thanked: 36

    Default Re: Cheers Trailblazer, Hello MUX

    Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post
    Thank you for the comment and it is thougt-provoking. I am growing more fond of the almost agricultural nature of the 3 L mill every day, and the "back-of-mind" awareness that it is a very under-stressed unit. I am happy to live with outputs as they are, I have owned some very fast stuff in my life, and enough is just never enough. A few more torques would be welcome, sure, but any future spending on the Mux going forward will be on suspension.

    I hear you regarding the 360 V6, was a beaut when it was working well though.

    Seems you really know how to make an Isuzu diesel sing, enjoy.
    Its a pleasure for the info let me know when ur keen for a stage 1 map trust me u wont be sorry as some people push these to 170kws and 600nms on wheels with just a map still nothing yes and we do apologize for the agricultural of the engine its also put into the isuzu trucks up to 1.5/3tonnes but in a state of tune of 96kws and 330nms some people love and some hate i just say its what makes it unique since the kb250 and kb280 its what a isuzu sounds like
    ISUZU KB300LX DMAX mine / 1.4tdci with software exhaust and intercooler and watermeth injection /dad-kb300 dteq kb5 4x4 /uncle kb300 4x2 dteq kb5 /step dad. Kb6 kb300 4x4 auto all double cabs

  16. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    33
    Posts
    801
    Thanked: 987

    Default Re: Cheers Trailblazer, Hello MUX

    Sorry to hijack the thread here, but I want to say that I am (sort of but not at all) back in the family with a (2nd hand) new 4x4...

    2018 Isuzu D-Teq 2.5 4x4

    Link to my thread:

    https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...zu-owner-KB250

    But in all honesty, I still miss a lot of aspects of the TB...
    Stephan

    4x4: 2018 Isuzu KB250 D-Teq 4x4 DC
    Platkar: 2019 Suzuki Baleno GLX

    "All of us get lost in the darkness. Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"

  17. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Ballito
    Posts
    197
    Thanked: 445

    Default Re: Cheers Trailblazer, Hello MUX

    The MUX now just shy of 70 000 km, but obviously resting a lot lately. I have spend 3 days properly cleaning and spoiling the Isuzu and it certainly looks brand new. Still running like a Swiss watch.

    My General Grabber AT's now on 43 000 km and half-life. They seem to be great value for money and will probably be replaced with same. Since I expect this toward year-end I started shopping around for shock absorbers as well. I have had good service from Gabriel Safaris before, so I got onto their website yesterday, and logged a querry.

    I got a very prompt reply today "... do you mean Isuzu D-MAX, we are not aware of an Isuzu MUX...."

    I know the MUX is a bit left-field, but did not antcipate it being this far left....... hehehe.

    Off to Monroe.......

  18. #94
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Barberton
    Age
    62
    Posts
    5,792
    Thanked: 1106

    Default Re: Cheers Trailblazer, Hello MUX

    How is the Grabber road noise?
    I had them (same size as well) on my Isuzu, and the road noise was bad. I just didn't know if I should blame the car or the tyre. For that reason I didn't put them on my recent tyre shopping list. But, they performed impeccably and never lacked for grip and faced up to the Damaraland bush without flinching.
    Talking about left field.... have you considered going small rim with big tyre at all??
    Last edited by RoelfleRoux; 2020/05/26 at 06:57 AM.

  19. #95
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Ballito
    Posts
    197
    Thanked: 445

    Default Re: Cheers Trailblazer, Hello MUX

    Quote Originally Posted by RoelfleRoux View Post
    How is the Grabber road noise?
    I had them (same size as well) on my Isuzu, and the road noise was bad. I just didn't know if I should blame the car or the tyre. For that reason I didn't put them on my recent tyre shopping list. But, they performed impeccably and never lacked for grip and faced up to the Damaraland bush without flinching.
    Talking about left field.... have you considered going small rim with big tyre at all??
    Hallo Roelf, wrt roadnoise on the Grabbers - with the exception of a set Cooper SST's on a DTeq doublecab, I have never had problems with roadnoise with any other tyre. Did I ever mention I am half-deaf (according to my better half), so not too sure I am qualified to comment on this. Over the past decade I have found (all AT's) that Hankook Dynapro's, BFG's, Pirelli Scorpion ATR + and now the Grabbers all make around the same amount of noise. If I had to say the Pirelli's could have been the best of the bunch.

    Yes, I am toying strongly with following your lead, especially as the MUX spend a lot of time on corrugated backroads and a little more sidewall flex would be welcome.

  20. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Barberton
    Age
    62
    Posts
    5,792
    Thanked: 1106

    Default Re: Cheers Trailblazer, Hello MUX

    And there you go

  21. #97
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    33
    Posts
    801
    Thanked: 987

    Default Re: Cheers Trailblazer, Hello MUX

    My cousin also chucked his Grabbers midway through their lifespan on his Amarok due to road noise (and flats spots issues - but that was his own fault for not doing alignment, rotation & balancing).

    But he never had a flat, so up to the point where the flat spots were causing noise issues he was happy with them.

    I had Scorpions on my Trailblazer. Very nice on tar, but a little soft (I had about three punctures, which i suppose could happen to any tyre)
    Stephan

    4x4: 2018 Isuzu KB250 D-Teq 4x4 DC
    Platkar: 2019 Suzuki Baleno GLX

    "All of us get lost in the darkness. Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"

  22. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    39
    Posts
    432
    Thanked: 89

    Default Re: Cheers Trailblazer, Hello MUX

    January this year I traded in my 2013 Manual 4x4 TB in on a 3.2 Auto Everest. I am very happy with the Everest, and really enjoying the auto. But I have VERY fond memories of the TB, and really miss the car and the torque.

    If GM was still in the country, I would have traded the old TB for a new TB no question.
    2018 Ford Everest XLT 3.2 4x4 Auto
    2013 Chevrolet Trailblazer 2.8 LTZ 4x4 MT (SOLD)

    Photography : https://500px.com/c0rn3llman5

    My girlfriend asked me to whisper 4 special words into her ear... so I said : "Ons gaan NOU braai!"

  23. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Barberton
    Age
    62
    Posts
    5,792
    Thanked: 1106

    Default Re: Cheers Trailblazer, Hello MUX

    Quote Originally Posted by CornellMans View Post
    January this year I traded in my 2013 Manual 4x4 TB in on a 3.2 Auto Everest. I am very happy with the Everest, and really enjoying the auto. But I have VERY fond memories of the TB, and really miss the car and the torque.

    If GM was still in the country, I would have traded the old TB for a new TB no question.
    You would have enjoyed the auto box in the Chevy.
    I think the Everest is a good replacement for a Blazer, if you don't want the MUX.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •