Range extender

Thread: Range extender

Default Range extender

Hi Guys

Not really a drone or RC car, I have a fishing boat, already did the 2.4GHz remote, I would like to extend the range on water to about 500m, I know that's deep but the general range I fish at is around 300m with a canoe.

I shifted the receiver on to the removable roof of the boat to get the aerial as far above the water as possible but that meant I had to extend the servo wires, with the setup I have (I use 12v batteries and convert it to 5v for the servos and receiver and the 12V for the motor), it seems the length between the servos and receiver influences the control and the servos gets jittery and out of control. I believe it's the 12V-5V reducer or the thickness of the wires that does not convey enough power to control the servos, thats something I will sort.

The main thing is the range, I want to be confident that the boat(when batteries are full) don't go out of range for as far as possible.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Range extender

Which transmitter and receiver are you using on the boat?

You get some very nice and not that expensive 2.4GHz transmitters that will go way past 500meters.

Default Re: Range extender

I have the FLYSKY 6Ch transmitter and receiver.