Au Pair/Day Mother West Rand

Default Au Pair/Day Mother West Rand

Hi After literally years of looking my wife has just been offered a permananet position quite out of the blue and this has caught us slightly off-guard! Unfortunately, our first choice which is the school my son is at is full (as are most others that are practical) so we are considering perhaps day mothers or an au pair (open to other suggestions). Family members are fully occupied with their own work commitments at the moment.Does anybody have experience with or recommendations for au pairs or day mothers in the West Rand of Johannesburg?My daughter is 6 months old, currently we are not sure how long this arrangement would be for as the school has said they may have an opening shortly.CheersDavid

Default Re: Au Pair/Day Mother West Rand

Hi David
    We also based in the Westrand. MY wife used AupairSA website. I will get more info for you on how it exactly works. But she registered. There are a few options and prices for the service. We paid the fee and got access to all the CV's for au pairs in the area you choose and if you want, your details appear on the system so au pairs can contact you as well.

Our au pair moved away and we sat in the same boat for our 2 girls. We registered and I must say, excellent service and CV's on there. We literally had 11 interviews within a week and even 2 au pairs who contacted us for interviews. We made the decision on the right candidate that suit our needs and she started the 1st of July.

If you want I will get all the small print info for you from my wife and pm it to you.
    Stefan

2018 Toyota Hilux V6 auto 4X4 double cab with a few extra's
    2019 Bush Lapa Ratel 4
    2019 BMW X1 M-Sport 2.0D (Swambo platkar)
    2018 Toyota Etios Sprint (daily platkar drive)
    2017 Ford Ranger 3.2 auto 4X4 double cab - sold
    2016 Volvo V40 D4 Geartronic - sold
    2008 Gypsey Gold Caravan - sold

Hi StefanThank you ever so much for the quick response, yes, please could you send through those details.Thank you once again!David

Quote Originally Posted by OceanWanderer View Post
    Hi StefanThank you ever so much for the quick response, yes, please could you send through those details.Thank you once again!David
    PM send
    Stefan

2018 Toyota Hilux V6 auto 4X4 double cab with a few extra's
    2019 Bush Lapa Ratel 4
    2019 BMW X1 M-Sport 2.0D (Swambo platkar)
    2018 Toyota Etios Sprint (daily platkar drive)
    2017 Ford Ranger 3.2 auto 4X4 double cab - sold
    2016 Volvo V40 D4 Geartronic - sold
    2008 Gypsey Gold Caravan - sold

Hi David,

I have also had success through the aupair sa website in the past.

Also adverstise on facebook for students studying part time as it gives them a chance to do their studies in the mornings and care for the children in the afternoons when home from school.

Spell out your exact requirements in terms of what you expect from them in terms of duties and available times. weekends, public holidays, school holidays etc.

Currently the lady looking after my girls starts at 6:00am when I leave for work and gets them fed and off to school by 7:30.
    she then fetches them from school 13:00, makes lunch, supervises homework, sees that they are bathed by the time I am home in the evening.

Will you provide a reliable vehicle for her to transport your children or rely on the vehicle she has? All things to consider......

I have attached some of my basic requirements as a typical guide for you
    Attached Files Attached Files