Solar Geyser Identification: low or high pressure - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Solar Geyser Identification: low or high pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Dudleytheplumber View Post
    Is your final geyser your storage with a element?
    Yes my final geyser (100L) is the one with the 2kv element and the pump differential temp probe and where the hot water from the panels enters.

Quote Originally Posted by plunger View Post
    If the ev and plate collector are connected in series ,which gets the cycled water first .? I would think it could be problamatic in that if the ev flows into the flat plate the flat plate could act as a radiator at first before the controller senses the differential. Essentially you are pre heating the water before one of the collectors heats it enough. I dont know how long water takes on a hot day to rise 7 degrees in a flat or ev tube collector. ?
    1. The water first enters the flat plate collectors and thereafter the ev panel.
    2. The ev tube panel is mean, the temp rises in seconds. With the temp differential set at 15 degrees the pump stops within 4 degree temp difference, which means a 11 degree difference. The ev tube panel also faces north where the 2 x flate panels faces west.

Okay so its preheating the water in the flat plate panels before it goes through the super efficient ev tubes. That would make them even more effecient. I would think it would be a problem the other way round.
    Im doing mine right now and my thought processes are still confused as to how to tackle it.

Take the flat plates out of the circuit and sell them on, your tubes are more than sufficient, would be my answer.
    Cheers,
    John

Rover P6
    Land Rover Discovery II Td5 Manual
    Range Rover P38 HSE
    Moto Guzzi LeMans
    Aprilia Tuono V2

I think my suspicion is true, today my temp differential was set to 8 degrees, all day winter sun with an ambient temp of 17 degree. Geyser/s went up by 16 degrees (from 34 to 50). On monday is was rainy en cloudy, with the temp differential set at 15 degrees it went from 32 to 48 = 16 degrees.

So somehow i can improve my system. How i dont know? That said i dont know what the temperature of the water is in my bigger 150L geyser. In a post from Wetkit on the power forum (solar geyser leasons learned to date) he states that the bottom tank (connected to the municipal feed and from where cold water are pumped from gained the biggest temp increase (second page on the thread). So i dont know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190709-163050_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	130.7 KB 
ID:	533301Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190709-163114_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	533302

Geyser configuration is the same as mine, guess i will find out tonight when hot water is used, if the temp drop is significant i think is safe to say that i am correct.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnoK View Post
    My set up at home is 2 150l geysers with 2 flat panels, and the probes are at the outlet from the plates and in the "main geyser tank. Differential is 5 degrees for the pump to start.
    How efficient are your system? Does your flat plate collector have a temp sensor pocket?

Panel orientation?

Do you have the Sr8 controller? If so what is the temp difference between the two tanks after a day in the sun.
    Last edited by Stout; 2019/07/09 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plunger View Post
    Okay so its preheating the water in the flat plate panels before it goes through the super efficient ev tubes. That would make them even more effecient. I would think it would be a problem the other way round.
    Im doing mine right now and my thought processes are still confused as to how to tackle it.

Progress?

46 degrees after the washing routine, again 1 bath and 2 showers. I think my secondary tank was about the same as the primary tank at 50 degrees. To satisfy my curiosity, i will move the temp probe from the ev panel to the flat panels and check what will the impact be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2