What happened to Walmer 4x4

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What happened to Walmer 4x4

I was trying to find the latest info on Walmer 4x4 route. Can’t find the dude on facebook anymore, no adverts - any info?
    Sent from my iPhone

Default Re: What happened to Walmer 4x4

Never heard of them since I have been in PE since 2005..4x4 Mega world and LA Sport are in Walmer
    Last edited by Peter Betts; 2019/07/18 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Betts View Post
    Never heard of them since I have been in PE since 2005..4x4 Mega world and LA Sport are in Walmer
    Walmer 4x4 Offroad Adventure
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...6&share_type=t
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Betts View Post
    https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Loc...evils-20180711
    Sent from my iPhone

They closed down due to a lack of support. Or should I rather say it was more of a boycott from other “trail” owners. We are supposed to be a community and not team up against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by HeinrichC View Post
    They closed down due to a lack of support. Or should I rather say it was more of a boycott from other “trail” owners. We are supposed to be a community and not team up against each other.
    Serious? I never even had a chance to test the track.
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    Serious? I never even had a chance to test the track.
    I phoned the guy that opened the trail and he said support dwindled away.

The reason is my own theory.

I phoned the guy that opened the trail and he said support dwindled away.

The reason is my own theory.
    Thanks, very sad. I followed the progress of the business (braai area, bar etc) on facebook.
    Sent from my iPhone

I tried to organize an outing to the trail in June and the operator said he is not available for the month of June and did not seem keen to assist me...I expected a bit more of an effort to accommodate a group at the relatively high trail cost

I dont know the trail at all but I think the heyday of trails has passed, 2000s to maybe 2010ish? Like the current business environment, there was a surplus of choices and now, contraction, with those that have a unique value proposition, enduring.
    There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range

Discovery and Range Rovers: SOLD: enough is enough

Quote Originally Posted by Estee View Post
    I dont know the trail at all but I think the heyday of trails has passed, 2000s to maybe 2010ish? Like the current business environment, there was a surplus of choices and now, contraction, with those that have a unique value proposition, enduring.
    This is the only trail within PE. Unfortunately PE never had the heyday, as it was not existent here in PE.
    Sent from my iPhone

This is the thing with PE people,lucky i have a awesome club that support my track ,think people cant 4x4 anymore and want to do gravel travel ,u must know something when opening a track, there no money to it,i do it because its a passion and money comes out my wallet But i love it

Very true Riaan, and the other trail operators in our area will tell you the same, they don't make money off the 4x4 trail alone and usually supplement it with things like camp sites, quad rentals, corporate team building, driver training, etc.

Last edited by riaan pio; 2019/07/19 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barto View Post
    Very true Riaan, and the other trail operators in our area will tell you the same, they don't make money off the 4x4 trail alone and usually supplement it with things like camp sites, quad rentals, corporate team building, driver training, etc.
    Yes, if its part of a 4x4 business, such as a fitment centre, then there could be tax breaks that could be explored. Back in the early 2000s, we were 4x4 mad, all of us hitting the tracks with our families and having braais and picnics while getting to know our vehicles and our own capabilities. Not so much these days unless its a club GTG.
    There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by riaan pio View Post
    Jy praat sommer klomp ###, Crockerts hope was always there for him and everyone, and with all his recoveries we got called
    Guys please, please discuss this on a phone call or separate meeting. I was just asking what happened to the place.
    Sent from my iPhone

Yes, if its part of a 4x4 business, such as a fitment centre, then there could be tax breaks that could be explored. Back in the early 2000s, we were 4x4 mad, all of us hitting the tracks with our families and having braais and picnics while getting to know our vehicles and our own capabilities. Not so much these days unless its a club GTG.
    We do more 4x4’ing now than in the early 2000. There were limited tracks available for us. This is evident by the number of 4x4 shops opening. Years back we only had 4x4 Megaworld.
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    We do more 4x4’ing now than in the early 2000. There were limited tracks available for us. This is evident by the number of 4x4 shops opening. Years back we only had 4x4 Megaworld.
    Sure, you are in the industry, I am only relating my experience that goes back 18 years or more, when you would have been 16 and probably unlicensed.

There is a whole market segment, my age, who are economically active, with disposable income and who are done with tracks, one reason being that they are much of a muchness and will do one as part of a social, maybe once or twice a year, or never.

So, laaitjie, while there are more 4x4s being sold than 20 years ago, it doesnt mean we are doing more 4x4ing. I suggest that maybe you start to look at Market Segmentation and who actually is a 4x4 track customer. Then give them a value proposition

Sure, you are in the industry, I am only relating my experience that goes back 18 years or more, when you would have been 16 and probably unlicensed.

There is a whole market segment, my age, who are economically active, with disposable income and who are done with tracks, one reason being that they are much of a muchness and will do one as part of a social, maybe once or twice a year, or never.

So, laaitjie, while there are more 4x4s being sold than 20 years ago, it doesnt mean we are doing more 4x4ing. I suggest that maybe you start to look at Market Segmentation and who actually is a 4x4 track customer. Then give them a value proposition
    I think the point is missed.

But I have my question answered.

Hopefully the rest of the tracks don’t lose support.
    Sent from my iPhone

Just for the record - I did not mention any trail owners or trails. There is a reason why I had the word trail in inverted commas.

So, Riaan I am not sure why you were throwing your MT tyres out the cot

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast