Totsiens Formule 1 - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Totsiens Formule 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mapog View Post
    Willben, paar goed wat ek dink nie almal(jy?) verstaan nie.
    n Mens hoef nie n spesifieke fan van n span of n jaer te wees om van F1 te hou nie. Goeie racing is great. Dink aan die Alonso/Schumacher gevegte in 2005/6/7.
    Dit was great om te kyk.

Tweedens alhoewel MB nie die grootste budget(?) mag he nie, bly dit n massiewe mpy met baie meer hulpbronne as die Fiat groep.

Seer sekerlik sal van die moedermaatskappy se R&D afgewentel word na hulle F1 spanne toe. So ook hulle tegnici en tegnologie. Ek glo hulle het oor turbo en Kers tegnologie beskik voordat dit nog in enige Ferrari bekikbaar was?

Ek dink die turbo era is nie rerig Ferrari se forte nie. Dit was nie tradisioneel deel van hulle planne nie, maar MB het besef dat hierdie goed belangrik is vir hulle motors(n heel ander mark as Ferrari).

As ek reg verstaan, wou MB ook F1 verlaat in 2008 toe almal onttrek het. Hulle het gese hulle sal bly as F1 na die huidige turbo/ hybrid era toe sou gaan en die res is geskiedenis....

Nou wie het dan nou die meeste se?
    I agree 05 to 07 were good years. Mostly because it ended Ferrari dominance of F1. In fact since 07 Ferrari have only won 1 drivers championship with Kimi. He beat the rookie of the year by one point. So Ferrari haven't won a WDC since 2007 and a WCC since 2008. No wonder the tifosi don't want to watch F1 anymore. If you want close racing between teams then the teams need to get better. Ferrari have been poor over the years even with their massive budget.

Did MB threaten to stop making engines for F1 in 2008? Are you saying that a single engine manufacturer held sway over the FIA? So Ferrari, BMW, Toyota and Renault all agreed that Ferrari was correct and that engines should remain naturally aspirated. Yet somehow the FIA and MB the engine manufacturer decided to collude against all other engine manufacturers in F1 and bring in turbo hybrid engines 5 to 6 years later?

"Ek dink die turbo era is nie rerig Ferrari se forte nie. Dit was nie tradisioneel deel van hulle planne nie, maar MB het besef dat hierdie goed belangrik is vir hulle motors(n heel ander mark as Ferrari)."

You may be correct here, however it has been 5 years since the 1.6 turbo engines were introduced to F1. I wonder when Ferrari last won a championship with a turbo engine in F1?

Like I said before, Ferrari fans must go watch the rugby until their team can get their A game together.
    Regards,

William

D4 v8 --Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Murray Walker
    “I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong.”

Quote Originally Posted by willben View Post
    I wonder when Ferrari last won a championship with a turbo engine in F1? .
    It was 1982 and 1983, Rosberg and Piquet.
    Regards,

William

D4 v8 --Sold

“I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong.”

It was 1982 and 1983, Rosberg and Piquet.
    I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by RoelfleRoux View Post
    I don't think so.
    Rosberg was in a Williams and WC (1982) and Piquet in a Brabham BMW and WC (1983). However, if I recall correct Ferrari won the Constructers in '82 &' 83?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:

Ek is wel bewus daarvan. ... I even enjoyed the Russian Torpedoes climb up the ladder.
    Refreshing thank you...someone who actually knows what he is talking about.
    05 Mitsubishi Pajero LWB 3.2 Did GLX
    99 Mitsubishi Pajero SWB 3.5 V6 Blister
    11 VW Amarok 2.0 BiTDi 4Motion D/C
    10 BMW 135i ///M (platkar)
    Bush Pig Off-road Trailer
    Ex: 11 Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 D/C 4X4
    Ex: 08 Mazda BT50 Crdi D/C 4X4
    Ex: 06 Ford Ranger 2.5 D/C 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post
    Rosberg was in a Williams and WC (1982) and Piquet in a Brabham BMW and WC (1983). However, if I recall correct Ferrari won the Constructers in '82 &' 83?
    82 was the tragic year when Gilles Villeneuve died in his Ferrari with a massive lead in the championship. Peroni later had his crippling crash. Ferrari won the constructors, but the drivers that put most of the points up weren't there to celebrate.
    So any suggestion that Ferrari can't build turbo engines isn't completely correct.
    Ferrari battled early in the turbo era, simply because they had to relearn aerodynamics. They were geared for flat "boxer" engines at the back, then had to figure out how to cope with a V with massive plumbing requirements.
    Last edited by RoelfleRoux; 2019/06/26 at 07:47 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RoelfleRoux For This Useful Post:

Ek is wel bewus daarvan. Is jy bewus daarvan dat Ferrari die ENIGSTE span is wat n VETO opsie het teenoor die reels wat die FIA kan opstel? Nou se vir my asseblief hoe dit is dat Ferrari die veto krag nie sou gebruik het nie vir die Pirelli bande *&^praat storie waarvan jy iewers gelees het? I'm switching over to English because I'm terrible at Afrikaans, but please continue to debate me in Afrikaans because my understanding thereof is acceptable.How on earth would Ferrari that is the only F1 team with a VETO power not use it if they for 1 second believed that MB and Pirelli had somehow colluded in the manufacture of those tyres. IF any of the teams believed that there was collusion then as per the regulation below they would have had a way out.12.6.1 Tyre specifications will be determined by the tyre supplier, in agreement with the FIA, no laterthan 1 September of the previous season for the construction and 1 December for the range ofcompounds to be used during the Championship season. Once determined in this way, thespecification of the tyres will not be changed without the agreement of at least 70% of thecompeting teams.Notwithstanding the above, the FIA may decide to change the specification during theChampionship season for safety reasons without notice or delayThere are 2 teams that are really struggling to generate heat in their tyres, that's Haas and Ferrari. Christian Horner (whom I admire a lot) is a massive sh1tstirrer, F1 can be a media frenzy and what better way to get the media into a frenzy than to make such statements. It also takes a lot of heat off of Red Bulls lack of pace in comparison to Ferrari and MB. Red Herrings.Ferrari made a decision on the flow of their front wing which would decide the aero philosophy of the car. They will have to stick to that philosophy now and try and make it work although I believe it is too late because it would mean redesigning the entire air flow on the chassis.People say they aren't Ferrari fans but F1 is boring now because only MB wins. Well if they don't support Ferrari and they clearly don't support MB then who do they support? And why not try and root for those teams in F1 that are enduring an epic championship battle behind the top 3?I enjoyed watching McLaren, Renault and Alfa Romeo this weekend. I even enjoyed the Russian Torpedoes climb up the ladder.
    Dit was nie Horner wat dit ges๊ het nie, Marko het. Interessant dat Ferrari net gister afgekondig het dat hulle die kar gaan verander om eerder afwaartse druk te gee ten koste van pylvakspoed.....'omdat hulle nie die bande aangeskakel kry in 'n ronde nie'. O, en die storie oor MB en die FIA. Die gedagte is sterk dat Toto Wolff die volgende hoof van die FIA gaan word....AS hy Ferrari se stem kan kry!

Quote Originally Posted by RoelfleRoux View Post
    So any suggestion that Ferrari can't build turbo engines isn't completely correct.
    Well I would say that it is debatable at the very least.

Ferrari has only won 2 constructors championships out of 13 in which they have run a turbo charged engine.
    They introduced their first turbo charged engine in 1981, they then won the 82 and 83 Constructors championship. Turbo charged engines were outlawed from 1989 onwards to 2014.
    Regards,

William

D4 v8 --Sold

Quote Originally Posted by VectorP View Post
    Die gedagte is sterk dat Toto Wolff die volgende hoof van die FIA gaan word....AS hy Ferrari se stem kan kry!
    Dit sal n baie goeie ding wees vir die FIA as hulle vir Toto Wolff in die hande kan kry. Jean Todt het ook goed gedoen maar dis seker nou tyd om iemand wat nader aan die sport is in te kry.
    Regards,

William

D4 v8 --Sold

Dit sal n baie goeie ding wees vir die FIA as hulle vir Toto Wolff in die hande kan kry. Jean Todt het ook goed gedoen maar dis seker nou tyd om iemand wat nader aan die sport is in te kry.
    LH reken dis nie so goeie idee nie. Hy wil graag iemand van buite F1 sien. Hy reken TW sal nie ten volle onpartydig kan wees na al sy jare by MB nie
    We can't change the wind but we can set our sails

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Theron View Post
    LH reken dis nie so goeie idee nie. Hy wil graag iemand van buite F1 sien. Hy reken TW sal nie ten volle onpartydig kan wees na al sy jare by MB nie
    Ek stem nie saam met LH nie.

Toto is nou lojaal aan MB omdat hy aandele besit, en in beheer van die span is. Die dag as hy hoof van FIA word, sal sy aandele verkoop word, en sal hy geen bande met MB he nie. Net soos hy met Williams gemaak het.

Hy het 'n groot gedeelte van sy fortuin gemaak, deur belange en aandele te koop is verskillende maatskappye. MB is vir hom eerstens 'n bron van inkomste, en dan 'n motorsport bedryf.

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Theron View Post
    Ya maar wat reken jy Francois? Ek dink nogsteeds Toto sal goeie werk daar doen. Ek hoop hy en Ross Brawn sal goed oor die weg kom.
    Regards,

William

D4 v8 --Sold

Ya maar wat reken jy Francois? Ek dink nogsteeds Toto sal goeie werk daar doen. Ek hoop hy en Ross Brawn sal goed oor die weg kom.
    My opinie is maar irrelevant. Ek ken TW glad nie, LH ken hom baie goed. Ek gee maar net weer wat LH se gevoel is. Hy reken ook Jean Todt is bietjie Ferrari goedgesind weens sy jare daar.

Van wat ek op tv sien lyk TW vir my ook na' n goeie keuse, so op gronde daarvan reken ek ook hy sal goed wees vir die sport. In alle sporte is dit so dat oud (renjaers, spelers ens) nie noodwendig die beste administrateurs maak nie. Tog dink ek F1 is so 'n ingewikkelde en komplekse omgewing dat sonder goeie binne kennis dit moelilik sal wees om besluite te neem wat in voeling is met die werklikheid.

Ek dink Liberty het al 'n paar lesse in die verband geleer.
    We can't change the wind but we can set our sails

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Francois Theron For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3